Today 12:39 PM
8 Replies, 796 Views

Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Meh.

I'd be willing to bet the only people who would be using those tattoos for their custom characters would be Neo-Nazis/White Supremacists or folks who don't know any better. We're not talking about scrubbing the Swastika from historical fiction. They removed actual tattoos worn by actual Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists.

I, for one, don't really give a shit if those fucks can't use their special tattoos in a fictionalized setting.
psst your panties are wedged up your crack again, just wanted to let you know.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #22
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
psst your panties are wedged up your crack again, just wanted to let you know.
The last time I checked, I'm not the one getting up in arms because they took out some Neo-Nazi tattoo options for a player character creator in a video game.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
The last time I checked, I'm not the one getting up in arms because they took out some Neo-Nazi tattoo options for a player character creator in a video game.
Yet you're going out of your way to make excuses that they caved to the usual whiny SJW's who are never happy anyway and won't buy games to begin with.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yet you're going out of your way to make excuses that they caved to the usual whiny SJW's who are never happy anyway and won't buy games to begin with.
I wasn't making an excuse; I was offering an explanation as to why they probably cut the Neo-Nazi tattoos.

Most of the people complaining about the Neo-Nazi tattoos probably won't play the game. On the flip side, most of the people complaining about the removal of the Neo-Nazi tattoos probably won't play the game, either.

At the end of the day, they removed a bunch of Neo-Nazi tattoos. Is that really a bad thing?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #25
Terran
Evil Dead

Trying to give a shit. Failing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #26
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
The world is so crazy now...

A game where the purpose is to kill each other in a brutal setting is apparently fine, but because there is hateful imagery ON the people committing atrocities, this isn't okay?

Isn't everyone in SCUM a villain by definition? If so, why can't they wear villain symbols like these? Do the symbols do more to make the world a terrible unsafe place than the acts of violence and wanton destruction perpetrated by the characters?

Can the new Wolfenstein games not use these symbols? What about strategy games about WWII?

So many questions.. I apologize.
The vast majority of the MSM is owned by jews. This is the most logical explanation for this. Everything gets filtered from the top down.

I'm glad they are dying so all people can maybe find out who they are and what they are about.

Quote:

At the end of the day, they removed a bunch of Neo-Nazi tattoos. Is that really a bad thing?

Better safe than sorry huh? ....

Quote:

I, for one, don't really give a shit if those fucks can't use their special tattoos in a fictionalized setting.
TIL Chimp is a giant faggot. Keep up the great work, sissy boy. The beta uprising is counting on you!
Old 09-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
TIL Chimp is a giant faggot. Keep up the great work, sissy boy. The beta uprising is counting on you!
So, you learned I'm not fond of Neo-Nazis? Sorry, bro.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:28 AM   #28
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
You are missing the point. It's removing 'stuff' that people claim offends them that's the problem. As I said before, if you are willing to compromise your vision to appease a bunch of people who you know can never be truly satisfied then you will end up with a product that is soulless.

Make the game you want to make, depict prison inmates as they (presumably) really are. Pandering to the perennially offended is the road to failure.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
You are missing the point. It's removing 'stuff' that people claim offends them that's the problem. As I said before, if you are willing to compromise your vision to appease a bunch of people who you know can never be truly satisfied then you will end up with a product that is soulless.
The difference, in this case, is that the stuff they were unknowingly including things that would probably only be used by Neo-Nazis and/or White Supremacists. This isn't like stripping Swastikas out of a WW2 game; the tattoos in question were specifically for player-character creation.

The tattoos everyone is up in arms about were included "for fun"; they're not the only ones available and the "actual prisoner tattoo pack" was included as a bonus to early supporters of the game. The developers didn't realize the meaning or significance behind some of them because they're from Croatia.

Their vision wasn't compromised. This was bonus content.

Quote:
Make the game you want to make, depict prison inmates as they (presumably) really are. Pandering to the perennially offended is the road to failure.
"Muh realism" went right out the window as soon as the premise of the game was revealed. Scum is essentially Smash TV crossed with Death Race, minus the cars. This isn't a prison life simulator; it's about prisoners who are forced to fight to the death for a TV show.

It's a fictionalized setting and the "creative vision" of the product wasn't affected at all by the removal of some bonus customization content.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #30
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I like to think I take a pretty simple stance on this and hopefully others do too.

More options for the player is always preferable to less options. Did they replace these with new tattoos? If not, then really it's just cutting content, same as any other time a dev removes things from a game.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #31
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:

It's a fictionalized setting and the "creative vision" of the product wasn't affected at all by the removal of some bonus customization content.
None of this is any of your business. The guys who did this game owe your fat ass no explanation for anything. This is what devs need to understand so so much. You give an inch, they try bury your company.

They should ad more white power symbols and tell the complainers if they keep bitching they will ad even more.

Gaben has their back. He doesn't care.

Also lol @ Croatians not knowing what nazi symbols mean. Chimp, bro. Do you even have the internet?
Old 09-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Seem quite ok with BLM and Antifa tho fancy that!

Tags
scum