Today 12:36 AM
9 Replies, 557 Views

Old 09-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Gears 5 Launch Trailer

Quote:
New “Gears Forever” Trailer Shows The Biggest Gears Yet

We’re just a short time away from the biggest Gears yet with Early Access for either Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or with Gears 5 Ultimate Edition, and today while fans eagerly await its release, we’ve got a brand new trailer showing off Gears 5’s five modes.

In Gears 5, there are five thrilling ways to play: the all-new aggressive, high-stakes co-op mode Escape; the competitive Versus mode, featuring nine modes including the all-new Arcade for players of all levels; the deepest Horde mode ever; the intuitive Map Builder and the biggest Campaign yet.

Yesterday, we shared news about latest blockbuster partnership in Gears 5 with WWE Superstar Batista making an appearance in Gears 5 as a multiplayer character, donning the armor of the legendary Marcus Fenix. Fans can also look forward to the inclusion of Sarah Connor and the T-800 Endoskeleton from Terminator: Dark Fate and Spartans Emile-A239 and Kat-B320 from Halo: Reach with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Gears 5 Ultimate Edition.

Gears 5 early access will begin at 9pm on September 5th in your local time zone. For countries with multiple time zones, the earliest time zone will determine when you can play. For example, North American early access will begin at simultaneously at 9pm ET, 8pm CT and 6pm PT.

Both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members and Gears 5 Ultimate Edition owners will be able to gear up and take the fight to the Swarm. On behalf of everyone at The Coalition, we’re excited to have fans jump into the world of Gears 5.
news.xbox.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

I didn't know they could diminish my interest in this game any more (as I'm a bit tired of the Gears series), but adding Bautista has done just that.

Also, they misspelled his name, lol. It's Bautista.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Yes but being able to play it for $1 means I will be playing it.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I heard it's actually very good.

However, the open-world portion is even more barren than Rage 2.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I plan to check it out in the morning, since the last one was terrible this one will not have to reach very high to be better.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:53 AM   #7
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

I watched Ninja play through the campaign for a few hours a couple days ago. Game play looked solid. Story seemed ok. But something about the game just doesn't interest me.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I didn't know they could diminish my interest in this game any more (as I'm a bit tired of the Gears series), but adding Bautista has done just that.

Also, they misspelled his name, lol. It's Bautista.
During his time with WWE, it was spelled Batista.

So, you're both right, technically speaking.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #9
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Yes but being able to play it for $1 means I will be playing it.
What I love about this current generation of gamers. Games don't really have to be all that good anymore. Just cheap. Or even better... free.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

"Current"

But exactly! Games these days are typically not that great, or hell even good. I bought the last Gears for $13 and I still feel it was a bit too much.

This one at $1 on release? Guess we'll get to find out right? It would be much better if they did release it for free, but almost free is certainly acceptable to me.

Only you tie the value of a game to its monetary cost. If it costs $100 it must be great right? Great games are always expensive!
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #11
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

$1 is too expensive I charge 25X times that for my free time. Plus applicable taxes and expenses.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
During his time with WWE, it was spelled Batista.
It should probably just be spelled "Douchebag" now. Or "Raging Steroidal Douchebag" to be accurate.
Quote:
Old 09-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Played the first couple of levels this morning, it is pretty average so far. Not sure what the paid-for press is gushing about. Same/Same. MOTS, but not in a good way.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #14
Azzy
Cthulian

I haven't seen something this played out since a white guy rapped about thrift shopping. It's almost sad that the fan base for this IP continues to pay for this, which, in the end, we all pay for.
#LetGearsGo
#HaloWasntGoodToBeginWith
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:00 AM   #15
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
I haven't seen something this played out since a white guy rapped about thrift shopping. It's almost sad that the fan base for this IP continues to pay for this, which, in the end, we all pay for.
#LetGearsGo
#HaloWasntGoodToBeginWith
Halo wasn't good?

All your credibility is lost. Goodbye.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Well, he is not wrong. This game is boring as all fuck. The story is just like... what is the story exactly? I’m like 3 chapters into it and I couldn’t even tell you what it’s about. You are just wandering around killing the same enemies you killed in the last game.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #17
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Well, he is not wrong. This game is boring as all fuck. The story is just like... what is the story exactly? I’m like 3 chapters into it and I couldn’t even tell you what it’s about. You are just wandering around killing the same enemies you killed in the last game.
You're barely 3 chapters in? You haven't even got to the good stuff yet. The first part of the game plays like a traditional Gears game, then it begins to open up.

But he said Halo was never good to begin with, which is a crazy, outlandish claim. But to each their own.

I'm not even a big Gears fan, I've played them once and never touched them again, and even I can see how this new one is a massive step forward. I actually am enjoying this game. I keep having to stop and admire the graphics, the lighting and detail is beautiful. Even got my 61 year old dad playing it, lol.

My personal time in the game, my friends and family who are playing it, the review scores, and looking at the Gears5 hashtag on twitter tells you that nearly everyone is thoroughly enjoying it. But nothing will ever please everyone.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #18
LostToys
Evil Dead

I have to agree that Halo was not all that good. It had great world building, set pieces and interesting combat, but the actual narrative was told poorly, required a ton of backtracking and ended unsatisfactory (particularly 2 and 5).

A lot of people who absolutely love Halo are the fans that bothered to read the books or comics. Most people who played the games were there for the combat and multi-player. They were not there for the narrative.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Halo had absolutely amazing music. Epic. Some of the most moving pieces in a video game I've ever encountered.
Halo 2 is THE GAME that made console online successful. Others tried, they all failed. Halo 2 was amazing in online multi.

The rest of the series, and other aspects of the first two even (lots of backtracking in Halo), were mediocre or garbage.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
LostToys
Evil Dead

Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention the music. The music was instrumental in both the world building and setting the pace for the combat encounters. Halo would not be as fun, or iconic, without the music backing it up.

The title screens alone are enough to make your blood pressure rise in anticipation of what you are about to play.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gears of war 5