Yesterday 07:30 AM
5 Replies, 610 Views

Old 03-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

E3 2020 in Question After Los Angeles Declares State of Emergency

Quote:
COVID-19 Update

The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and staff is our top priority. While the ESA continues to plan for a safe and successful E3 show June 9-11, 2020—we are monitoring and evaluating the situation daily.

Our E3 team and partners continue to monitor COVID-19 via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are actively assessing the latest information and will continue to develop measures to further reduce health risks at the show.

The city of Los Angeles, which has declared a state of emergency, offered the following guidance:

• The state of emergency allows the city and county to qualify for additional funding needed to prepare for COVID-19 in the future, if such funds are needed at all.

• City officials will continue to prioritize measures and guidelines that are focused on cleanliness and safety.

• The city of Los Angeles website is a source for local information.

Again, please know that we will continue to evaluate new developments and provide updates, as needed.
e3expo.com.

I'm thinking by the time June hits, that corona will have gone dormant for the summer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I say that while I'm sitting here suffering from a cold. LOL.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

dormant = moved to the south hemisphere ? :P
Old 03-05-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

My wife and I had the flu a few weeks ago but it was before all the CoronaVirus tests were distributed. It was BAD, but we made it through. Now Seattle is starting to become a ghost town as nobody is going out... Crazy times my friends.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
dirtbag
El Matador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIronTree View Post
dormant = moved to the south hemisphere ? :P
Still no cases here in Peru!
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

We will either all die or this is much ado about nothing.

I do appreciate the precautions, and E3 is a shitshow anyway so no loss there. An ounce of prevention, pound of cure and all that but some places seem to be going WAY overboard.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #7
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
My wife and I had the flu a few weeks ago but it was before all the CoronaVirus tests were distributed. It was BAD, but we made it through. Now Seattle is starting to become a ghost town as nobody is going out... Crazy times my friends.
You may have had it. You are at ground zero.

With all this new data out, im thinking i may have had bird flu back in 2010. I was very sick, down for almost 3 months, short of breath, heart palpitations, the whole bit. Never went to the doctor. I was worried i wasn't going to make it for a while.

But yeah., Yikes being in Seattle area right now! Its looking like an early spring so far. That should help.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
But yeah., Yikes being in Seattle area right now! Its looking like an early spring so far. That should help.
See. That groundhog was right!

Old 03-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:

My dude I was just forced to travel from Seattle to NYC and back to Seattle again last week. If I don't get COVID-19 by next week it will be a goddamn miracle. Of course, my wife has this crazy theory that she was patient zero for the WHOLE THING, including China!
Old 03-09-2020, 05:49 PM   #10
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
My dude I was just forced to travel from Seattle to NYC and back to Seattle again last week. If I don't get COVID-19 by next week it will be a goddamn miracle. Of course, my wife has this crazy theory that she was patient zero for the WHOLE THING, including China!
I came in contact with maybe 20 people today, counting work. But i went to Lowe's so..

China is saying 1 out of 1000 people in the Hubei province contracted corona, for what that's worth.

Muh MSM isn't going to stop hammering on anything that can hurt Trump.

Dont forget this bit of info

From 12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, we estimate that approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.

I cant remember bird flu ever being talked about in any meaningful way around this time. They protect their guys, and go after their enemies. You have to ask yourself why a particular story is being focused on.

Protect Obama
Shit on Trump

Last edited by blackzc; 03-09-2020 at 06:02 PM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:12 PM   #11
Eats
Developer

Quote:
I came in contact with maybe 20 people today, counting work. But i went to Lowe's so..

China is saying 1 out of 1000 people in the Hubei province contracted corona, for what that's worth.

Muh MSM isn't going to stop hammering on anything that can hurt Trump.

Dont forget this bit of info

From 12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, we estimate that approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.

I cant remember bird flu ever being talked about in any meaningful way around this time. They protect their guys, and go after their enemies. You have to ask yourself why a particular story is being focused on.

Protect Obama
Shit on Trump

According to this logic the MSM forced the entire country of Italy to go on lock down? And also large parts of China?

???
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #12
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
According to this logic the MSM forced the entire country of Italy to go on lock down? And also large parts of China?
According to my logic you can suck my ass.

My point stands. Maybe China's health system sucks compared to ours and it got out of hand. And honestly same goes for Italy. We are supposed to have the best in the world.
Old 03-10-2020, 04:01 AM   #13
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
According to my logic you can suck my ass.

My point stands. Maybe China's health system sucks compared to ours and it got out of hand. And honestly same goes for Italy.
Anecdotal evidence here but my folks went to Italy a few years back and they were surprised how dirty and dingy the country felt. They said it was sad. I dated a girl whose dad was off the boat from Italy and he had similar opinions. He was proud of his heritage but very relieved to be living here.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #14
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Anecdotal evidence here but my folks went to Italy a few years back and they were surprised how dirty and dingy the country felt. They said it was sad. I dated a girl whose dad was off the boat from Italy and he had similar opinions. He was proud of his heritage but very relieved to be living here.
France is apparently the same way.

South Korea is reporting big drops in cases. I expect the same will happen here pretty soon once some of these more drastic measures are enacted.

Like the national guard in new york lol.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks like E3 is off the books. Reports are that they will announce that the show is canceled at 9:30 AM.

Kind of sad, because by the time June rolls around, the Corona outbreak will probably be over.

It is also possible that this might end up being the final nail in the E3 coffin. Without a show this year, there is a good chance a lot more companies will realize that they didn't need it in the first place.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:26 AM   #16
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I guess I don't care. E3 has been crap for the past 10+ years.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I guess I don't care. E3 has been crap for the past 10+ years.
I think the best thing for consumers would be for the show to just go away. Companies having to "save" all their big announcements or wait till June to show off stuff that they could be showing off in January is just dumb and anti-consumer.

The world is 24/7 now, our video game show shouldn't be stuck on Wednesday Night at 7 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #18
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I think the best thing for consumers would be for the show to just go away. Companies having to "save" all their big announcements or wait till June to show off stuff that they could be showing off in January is just dumb and anti-consumer.

The world is 24/7 now, our video game show shouldn't be stuck on Wednesday Night at 7 PM.
All true but I liked having a sort of mini gaming holiday to look forward to. But mostly I miss the old E3 of the 90s even if I never attended. And yeah that includes the tacky massive displays and the booth babes.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #19
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looks like E3 is off the books. Reports are that they will announce that the show is canceled at 9:30 AM.
And it's done...

https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...us-1203529992/

E3 2020 is gonzo.

I like the various sparing contests that happen at E3, with each company going head to head and trying to outdo one another. It can often be a barometer of how confident they are of their roster of games and we get to see them side by side in a short amount of time where the "gut check" can really get involved.

If each company does their own thing with months between each event you don't get that side by side comparison and it takes away some of the fun, IMO.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

LA calling a state of emergency over Covid-19 and 20-ish dead? But not over the 20,000 dead Americans this season from regular flu? Or the TYPHUS endemic on their city's streets? Or the human shit and needles lying all around their roads?

FFS, what a parody of actual seriousness. Fucking lunatics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e3 2020