Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

It's able to do so well on older cards I think because the graphics aren't that great. It's fun as "hell" tho.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

My son bought this game and he's been playing it for the last day. He brought over his I7-8750h\gtx1060m gaming laptop yesterday and showed it to me.

It runs AMAZING.

VERY OPTIMIZED.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Nice. I have a Dell i5-8300h / 1060 machine waiting to play this.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #6
timmyd
Evil Dead

But why run console game on PC? Doom Guy's name is Mario and he has a
brother I think. Also levels are designed by a Brutalized Frank Loyd Wright clone that was deprived of oxygen until it forget what vertical movement options are. Ooops, Boss Guy fell 1000ft trying to go to the bathroom - who can fill in for Boss fight? Eh, it don't matter. Just compute buttons mashes per second and assign a value as winning. I hear Doom 3 has better combat.

I'm amazed at the game. It's good. They handle jumping and easing the player into it great. There's just no sense to it and it's waaaay too much.
I'm going to drag myself through, maybe I'll get to like it. Maybe it's just this level I'm on.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

This game keeps crashing on me no matter what I do. All the basic troubleshooting. Read up on all the threads, and official FAQ's, etc.. Nothing has worked. Even DOOM 2016 crashes on me. Bethesda support is useless; they just send a canned response (to each comment on the ticket) and don't even attempt to help.

Only the new DOOM games crash/freeze on me... no idea why. I'm trying to avoid a fresh Windows install, because if that doesn't resolve the issue I'm going to be pissed that I spent all that time for naught.

Threadripper 1950x
Geforce 1080 Ti
32GB @3200Mhz

Video of the strange glitch that causes the game to freeze then crash.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:45 AM   #8
steved
Evil Dead

The best thing I can say about this game is that it runs absolutely smoothly on my old Core i5 and 1060. Well the gfx is good but not _that_ detailed, so I guess that helps.

But it seems with age 46 I'm no longer their target audience at all. I played throu the first couple levels at normal difficulty "Hurt me plenty", but by now had to tone it down to "Please dont hurt me". And I'm an old quake modder...

I don't get their gameplay. The game just throws shit at you all the time, I don't see any space for tactics. Just blast everything in the face, evade all the time, chainsaw stuff to replenish ammo. Rinse & repeat all the time. Basically every arena fight just throws in every enemy they introduced so far. All the time, all the same.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
xplics
Dread Lord

Looks great in 4k but did anyone else feel this Doom game kinda boring too?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:39 AM   #10
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
I don't get their gameplay. The game just throws shit at you all the time, I don't see any space for tactics. Just blast everything in the face, evade all the time, chainsaw stuff to replenish ammo. Rinse & repeat all the time. Basically every arena fight just throws in every enemy they introduced so far. All the time, all the same.
So... it's Serious DOOM Sam?
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #11
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
The best thing I can say about this game is that it runs absolutely smoothly on my old Core i5 and 1060. Well the gfx is good but not _that_ detailed, so I guess that helps.

But it seems with age 46 I'm no longer their target audience at all. I played throu the first couple levels at normal difficulty "Hurt me plenty", but by now had to tone it down to "Please dont hurt me". And I'm an old quake modder...

Im kind of with this guy.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #12
Booda
Beam another Blast

Consider Ultra Violence to be your standard difficulty. If you don't have your act together at least a little bit while playing at that difficulty you're dead. You have to use everything available to you (both weapons & mobility) to last even a minute.

I think the unused advertising campaign for Doom Eternal was "Get Better Or Get Fucked".
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #13
timmyd
Evil Dead

It definitely gets better. I'd question the decision to make like the 3rd mission so vertical. I'm forced to play on "Please don't hurt me".

I'm wondering if the objective here is to make a game that sells, but is too annoying to keep replaying to avoid lost sales of "Doom Stranding". "Doom Stranding" is a completely redesigned from a blank piece of paper that is just like Death Stranding but with the Doom Guy.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doom eternal