26 Replies, 2,515 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Ben Affleck Groping Claim Revived by Actress Hilarie Burton

The Hollywood Reporter has the story.

Quote:
As more and more women continue to come forward with accusations against disgraced Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, other stories of sexual assault allegations have also bubbled to the surface. On Wednesday, actress Hilarie Burton renewed a past claim that Ben Affleck had groped her breast during a visit to MTV's TRL, which she was hosting in 2003.

Affleck was one of a handful of male Hollywood collaborators to first speak out against Weinstein. In a statement Tuesday, Affleck said, in part: "I am saddened and angry that a man who I worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades. The additional allegations of assault that I read this morning made me sick."

Amid accusations that Weinstein, who has now been accused of raping three women, among a slew of other disturbing sexual assault claims, and his behavior was a well-kept secret in Hollywood, many actresses called on the men of Hollywood to speak up after the New York Times exposť first broke last Thursday, and then again with The New Yorker report on Tuesday. Rose McGowan, who was named in the Times story for settling a lawsuit against Weinstein, quickly took issue with Affleck's statement. "You lie," she tweeted among a series of posts that took aim at the ďA-list golden boys" of Hollywood who, she claims, have long kept quiet about Weinstein's alleged transgressions.

Other users on Twitter echoed McGowan's sentiments and one recalled Burton's 2003 on-camera interview with Affleck. "He also grabbed Hilarie Burton's breasts on TRL once. Everyone forgot though," read the tweet. The post prompted a reply from the former One Tree Hill star and MTV VJ.

"I didn't forget," Burton wrote.

When the fan told her, "Iím so sorry that happened to you," Burton replied, "Seriously, thank you for that. I was a kid."

The actress, who is currently starring on Fox's Lethal Weapon reboot and expecting her second child with The Walking Dead star Jeffrey Dean Morgan, then shared a video of her discussing the alleged groping on TRL: Uncensored amid a compilation on show outtakes. (The video was pulled shortly after this story published.)

In the footage, a young Burton is seen laughing about the incident as she recalls how the A-list movie star came over during an interview and "tweaked" her breast. A clip of their sit-down shows Affleck telling her, "It's so nice to see you!" and walking over to give her a hug. "And he wraps his arm around me and comes over and tweaks my left boob!" she recalls. Later, Affleck asks Burton, "What are you, 19?"

The flashback footage is followed by Burton, who is now 35 and 10 years younger than Affleck, shrugging it off to the camera: "Some girls like a good tweakage here and there, I'd rather have a high-five."
More on the Harvey Weinstein scandal that continues to rock Hollywood:

Yahoo!: How the Harvey Weinstein scandal has become a nightmare for Ben Affleck and Matt Damon

The New York Times: Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades

The New Yorker: From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinsteinís Accusers Tell Their Stories

Daily Mail: Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will 'do a Polanski'

The Daily Caller: Old Jimmy Kimmel Clip Shows Him Telling Woman ĎPut Your Mouth On Ití

Fox News: Cara Delevingne: Harvey Weinstein wanted a three-way in hotel room, tried to kiss me

Vanity Fair: What Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and More Are Saying About Harvey Weinstein

New York Post: NYPD is on the hunt for evidence against Weinstein

Mediaite: Ronan Farrow to Maddow: Ask NBC Execs Why They Passed on Weinstein Story
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Can't wait to watch all these Hollywood pedos eat themselves.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
Kawika
Dread Lord

Maybe we'll get a better Batman now. Guy seems like a real piece of work. How many other starlets we're assaulted by him. Maybe Dean can have a chat with Affleck and Lucille.
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Can't wait to watch all these Hollywood pedos eat themselves.
One of the top dogs is going down, this may get the ball rolling. There are hundreds of actors with stories to tell. And sex abuse allegations do not expire according to the law.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
Paranoia
Evil Dead

Virtue signalling people ends up being the worst people on earth.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:02 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

It might not be politically correct, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for these Hollywood skanks.

Notice a few things... like none of these people came forward for the last 20+ years and of those that did more than a few of them took huge payoffs in exchange for their silence. If you let yourself be groped by some scuzzbag for money then you are a prostitue, not a victim.

I also notice that the women coming forward here, mostly have zero career left. You don’t really see any of the big name current actresses coming forward, because they know which side of the bread gets the butter and which side lands down when it is dropped. They are keeping their mouth shut to keep their careers. Which really isn’t any better than the people taking advantage of them.

If he has been doing this for 20+ years, why is it just now that we are hearing about it? I suspect this whole thing has been manufactured to boot him out of the company. His brother and the board wanted him gone and knew he had a few skeletons in his closet and they pulled this together to get him out.

As much as I love watching Hollywood eat one of their own, there are more fishy elements to this story than a Japanese suishi bar.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:17 AM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
In the footage, a young Burton is seen laughing about the incident as she recalls how the A-list movie star came over during an interview and "tweaked" her breast. A clip of their sit-down shows Affleck telling her, "It's so nice to see you!" and walking over to give her a hug. "And he wraps his arm around me and comes over and tweaks my left boob!" she recalls. Later, Affleck asks Burton, "What are you, 19?"
So... he did admonish him? What was he supposed to do, clock the guy when the victim didn't complain about it until later? Maybe I'm not getting the tone but it sounds to me like he was not cool with it.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

After listening to this tape I'm convinced that Harvey Weinstein is a complete and total scumbag.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #9
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

A woman, when I was 17/18, walked up to me while I was photocopying documents in work. I was facing the copier and she crept up behind me, grabbing both of my bum cheeks with her hands, moving them up and down while whispering in my ear, "Hello little boy!"

I did fancy her, as she was hot, but much older than I was at the time. It was actually a shock at the time but I've never forgotten it.

I'm now waiting for the woman to become really, really famous so I can mention it.

Basically Ben shouldn't have 'tweaked' her breast or touched a woman's bum at a party. But it happens. It happens a lot. Men do it. Women do it. Women do it to other women, men do it to other men (Lesbians, gays, straights, etc).

But... it's a hunt. Everyone wants clicks. Forget the facts or watching the 'entire' video. It's all carefully edited. Did he do something wrong? HECK YEAH. Did he apologise? yes. Now, what should happen? Let the woman(en) take him to court and get the man jail time or a fine. Let's do this properly or just move on.

P.s. Ever sent a d*ck pic to a women you've just met or wanting to date? that's wrong. It's all so very wrong.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 AM   #10
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Maybe we'll get a better Batman now. Guy seems like a real piece of work. How many other starlets we're assaulted by him. Maybe Dean can have a chat with Affleck and Lucille.
Better how? Far as I recall most people say he's one of the better actors in the role.

As for calling the groped women skanks or otherwise shaming them... well, Evilavatar's forums sure don't disappoint in fitting into stereotypes.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 AM   #11
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
After listening to this tape I'm convinced that Harvey Weinstein is a complete and total scumbag.
Wow, yeah he should go to jail.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #12
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

Quote:
As for calling the groped women skanks
I wasn't one who said it, but the women's silence in this case allowed it to continue. The evidence we have available to us is that these women tolerated his actions to further their careers, to make money. Now, if the reason these women kept their mouths shut was to get paid more- that is pretty skanky.

This was apparently well known enough for Seth McFarlane to make a joke about it and have the audience laugh- if the audience is comfortable enough to laugh about it- what kind of people are we really talking about?

Sorry, the victim card being pulled when you have millionaires lining up around the block to come out about all the things he did.... really?

If the women who were assaulted started saying something *decades* ago- then it would have saved a whole lot of suffering. If shaming people motivates those in the future to come forward immediately, is it really a bad thing?
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #13
Sinistar
Evil Dead

Hollywood has to be reeling from this and I'm sure Harvey is just the beginning. Just watch, after a few more days of this and he'll go all whataboutism and start naming others.

When do they make the jump over to the music industry?

Maybe that conspiracy theory about Chris Cornell and then Chester Bennington having information about the pedophiles at the top might be true.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #14
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
A woman, when I was 17/18, walked up to me while I was photocopying documents in work. I was facing the copier and she crept up behind me, grabbing both of my bum cheeks with her hands, moving them up and down while whispering in my ear, "Hello little boy!"
The same thing happened to me while I was a bit younger, it was my girlfriend's aunt in a hallway. I told everyone and did not wait to do so. Not because I was disgusted, I was flattered. Not because I was angry, I found it (Like everything else) amusing. I told everyone because I saw it as being wrong and thus it needed to be handled.

So did you fuck that office MILF?
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

I think Evil is right on the money on this one. It's a behind-the-scenes power play (a coup of sorts) that has now snowballed into much more than that. I also agree that those who are coming out now with accusations really needed to do so at the time, not decades later when their careers were in the toilet and the Weinstein checks had long since cleared.

Hollywood is FILLED with this kind of depravity. I know folks don't like moralizing, but those involved in producing and selling the kind of crap pumped out by Hollywood are not going to be nuns and monks, they're going to be people driven by power, money, and sex. You will be impacted by that with which you associate (bad company corrupts good character), and getting into economic 'bed' with these folks also often means literally getting into a bed with them as well. There are some real lights in the darkness out there (Gary Sinise, Tom Hanks), but they are extreme exceptions to the rule of depraved, immoral, hedonistic filthmongers.

Hollywood is really just a focused representation of humanity in all its nastiness given enough self-satisfying idolization from others as well as power, money, and influence. They are society on the steroid of money.

What they're really terrified about now is the financial effects, not the damage they've done to real people involved in this nastiness. The facade is dropping and the silent majority of Americans, the folks whose purchases make Hollywood the slush fund that it is, may well turn against them as they have with the NFL. When you pull back the curtain and see that the emperor not only has no clothes but that he's an abusive bastard who hates you and treats folks like you like shit, you turn away and take your time, attention, and MONEY elsewhere.

So now Batfleck is in danger of being seen as Buttman...or Assman...or Grabman...or some variation thereof, possibly ruining a tentpole film that cost hundreds of millions of dollars. They're in real financial danger in Hollywood, and if this story gets killed (Twitter banning McGowan for example, NBC killing Farrow's investigative work) it will be because of the money involved and that being the only thing that counts to them.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #16
ministryofwrath
Soul Reaper

lets be clear about something here, and I'm not talking to my fellow objective thinking men, as you'll already know this, because words have definitions.

pedophiles is someone who sexes up a prepubescent children, full stop.

Age of consent in most parts of the world is under 18 years old, laws are subjective, and just because they're different than ours doesn't make them wrong.

that being said, I'm all for burning pedos, fair enough.

but I'd wager if men were married by 17 to 18, and we had a system that didn't entitle women to most of your resources when you divorce, we'd have a lot less pedophiles, food for thought.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
I wasn't one who said it, but the women's silence in this case allowed it to continue. The evidence we have available to us is that these women tolerated his actions to further their careers, to make money. Now, if the reason these women kept their mouths shut was to get paid more- that is pretty skanky.
That is exactly what I'm saying, the women here all knew what was going on and most of them, including the suddenly "Holier than Thou" Rose McGowen, took money from him to stay silent and to further their careers.

Only now that they don't have careers are they suddenly all coming forward, and what is worse is that the way this kinda dropped bombshell-like all at once makes me wonder if it was engineered by someone else -- again for profits and not because of some sense of moral outrage over what has been going on in Hollywood forever and will probably continue to happen as long as people in a position of power feel that they can get away with it.

The only thing that will happen now is it will be even further behind closed doors.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #18
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

What I hate about this particular incident is she's quick to play the victim card "I was just a kid". She was 21 years old and a HOST of the show. Now she's acting like she was 12 at the time. When it probably sent her career into the stratosphere to have a big star like that pay attention to her.

Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?

Still, the left cannibalizing itself thanks to their own politics is priceless!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #19
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Ben Affleck can now say "hey, at least I didn't grab her by the pussy" and get secret high fives from all his liberal friends. :O

Tags
batfleck, ben affleck, harvey weinstein, hollywood