Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 05:30 PM
11 Replies, 853 Views

Old 05-23-2019, 07:21 AM   #21
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
T1 was superior to T2. Everything after was a certified dumpster sale.
Kinda like with Alien and Aliens, I don't really bother comparing The Terminator with T2; they're very different movies, with Terminator being more of a thriller/horror, while T2 is obviously a straight-up action movie.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #22
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by walstib View Post
my only problem with Aliens is that they are blasting the aliens apart which have acid for blood. a single drop in Alien eats through multiple decks of the ship.

in Aliens the entire set should have dissolved.

but Bill Paxton made the movie for me. “why don’t you put her in charge!”, “you’re dog meat pal”. haha

Aliens was great. Alien was spectacular. the rest were meh. all of them including the new ones
The “expanded universe” explanation is something about how xenomorph hives evolve depending on the situation and the acidic blood reduces through each lifecycle. For example, the facehugger’s blood is the most potent because it has no other defense. If a planet becomes so completely overrun the blood over time is far less harmful.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #23
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
When you are surrounded by shrill feminazis screeching about strong women, you're going to be irritated when they are thrust in your face, even when it makes sense and has historical precedent. In other words, you develop an allergic response due to the continual presence of an invading allergen...the stupidity of third wave feminists.
THIS 100%. I love me my Tomb Raider games and strong women, but I really think they are trying too hard. The end goal seems to be try and turn women into men and men into women. In other words removal all gender distinctions whatsoever. Which is a freaking problem because NATURE disagrees with them. Men and women ARE very different so they ARE each suited better for different things. Even my feminist boss says women think differently. OK, so then why is media trying to portray them as "just as good as men at everything" all the time? I'm sorry, it's not biologically and mentally true. Each have their strengths. But media tries hard lately to say TOTAL EQUALITY, GENDERS THE SAME, yada yada.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #24
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
THIS 100%. I love me my Tomb Raider games and strong women, but I really think they are trying too hard. The end goal seems to be try and turn women into men and men into women. In other words removal all gender distinctions whatsoever. Which is a freaking problem because NATURE disagrees with them. Men and women ARE very different so they ARE each suited better for different things. Even my feminist boss says women think differently. OK, so then why is media trying to portray them as "just as good as men at everything" all the time? I'm sorry, it's not biologically and mentally true. Each have their strengths. But media tries hard lately to say TOTAL EQUALITY, GENDERS THE SAME, yada yada.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
terminator dark fate