Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 06:40 PM
9 Replies, 548 Views

Old 06-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #21
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You do understand that they can both be lesbians and still have kids, right? They only have to get with some random dude at the settlement a few times and they can push out a little brat.
I do . Not saying she can't be gay While preggers. Why is she not pooping out kids is more the problem. Or at least using her blood to do tests to find a vaccine. Maybe a blood transfusion can make someone of the same blood type immune. Not risking the one inmune chick on missions to go kill people. Plot holes is what I am saying.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #22
LordSoth
Peon

I am hoping we see some Age of Empires 4 footage from MS and hopefully they do show something later this week...I wanna see how relic is taking the series over. But overall, hopefully there are some games that are there, that they just didn't show yet at E3 under the big boys.

Otherwise it will fall under pathetic show case yet again...E3 isn't what it use to be anymore. Seems to many people do there own thing etc.
LordSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #23
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Nearly every outlet and fan on twitter is stating the obvious: that Xbox won this E3, in regards to the conferences. It's not even close, and to say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant, bias, contrarian, or just trying to mess with people. The entire MS conference was interesting, tons of games I'd never heard of, and even stating that they're working on the next console. Creating/buying new 1st party studios. Compared to EA and Square Enix they blew them away.

Bethesda and Ubisoft were great, and Sony's was annoying, but had some good games.

Nintendo's was typical.

My personal hopes for Mortal Kombat 11 and the Rocksteady Superman game did not come to fruition, unfortunately. Maybe at Gamescom?

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:54 AM   #24
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Nearly every outlet and fan on twitter is stating the obvious: that Xbox won this E3, in regards to the conferences. It's not even close, and to say otherwise is to be willfully ignorant, bias, contrarian, or just trying to mess with people. The entire MS conference was interesting, tons of games I'd never heard of, and even stating that they're working on the next console. Creating/buying new 1st party studios. Compared to EA and Square Enix they blew them away.

Bethesda and Ubisoft were great, and Sony's was annoying, but had some good games.

Nintendo's was typical.

My personal hopes for Mortal Kombat 11 and the Rocksteady Superman game did not come to fruition, unfortunately. Maybe at Gamescom?
When talking about “rating” press conferences, it’s hard to even know what we are talking about anymore. Are we rating the consoles future based on the showings they offered? Are we arguing who made the best case for their brand? Are we arguing who had the best “show” in terms of production? Are we arguing who had the best games?

I feel as though it’s impossible to rate all of those together as one thing.

I saw a lot of outlets dumping on Sony because they didn’t get to the games fast enough. They didn’t like the musicians. But can you really hold it against them that some people are impatient and want nothing but a cavalcade of game trailers? That’s an unreasonable expectation.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #25
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
When talking about “rating” press conferences, it’s hard to even know what we are talking about anymore. Are we rating the consoles future based on the showings they offered? Are we arguing who made the best case for their brand? Are we arguing who had the best “show” in terms of production? Are we arguing who had the best games?

I feel as though it’s impossible to rate all of those together as one thing.

I saw a lot of outlets dumping on Sony because they didn’t get to the games fast enough. They didn’t like the musicians. But can you really hold it against them that some people are impatient and want nothing but a cavalcade of game trailers? That’s an unreasonable expectation.
I hear ya. Honestly, I always think "What do you mean, 'who won' E3?" But I also feel like we should all play by the same playbook, so when a lot of people say "so and so" won the last few years, they should be intellectually honest when someone new "won" this time.

In reality, who the F cares? Does the fact that a corporation had the best conference mean I have a better time playing games in my living room? It didn't last year, and it doesn't today. I just don't like hypocrisy. Can we just, for once and for all, be honest and mature? It would be nice. Every conference had pluses and minuses, like always. Each year, the pluses and minuses differ, and talking about the best conferences will be over by this time next week.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #26
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think it is obvious that Nintendo “Won” E3 by virtue of them showing off an ultra big AAA title that millions of fans were waiting for. Their titles were trending bigger and longer than anything from the other publishers.

As other people have pointed out, Microsoft had the most traditional show, the biggest and the loudest and they showed off the most games. If you are an Xbox fan, you would obviously be saying that Microsoft “Won” E3, but if you were paying attention, you would have noticed that pretty much everything Microsoft was showing off was stuff you can play on the PlayStation, then Sony went on to show off a bunch more stuff you can only play on their system. As a Sony fan, I walk away from E3 knowing that they were the real winners here, they didn’t win the big media advertising fest that is E3 for sure, but Sony gamers were the ones that ended up with the most games and the most exclusives of any of the three systems.

Congrats to Microsoft for putting on a great show, they certainly did a traditional E3 show with a lot of games. If you owned an Xbox One you would be pretty happy. If you spent $500 on an Xbox One X, you are probably still wondering why there are no titles that take advantage of the hardware. Heh. I saw a lot of comments on twitter in the Microsoft threads where people were asking if they are ever going to get “X” titles or even titles that have real obvious upgrades for the X.

I only have to decide now if I want to wait till December to get the Kingdom Hearts 3 Pro or just buy the vanilla Pro right now. I’ll probably wait. My birthday is coming up (for those of you who want to buy me presents) and Mom is going to be pitching in a mountain of cash. $10 for each year I’ve been alive. So, it’s a LOT of money. LOL. I’m going to spin that off into a Pro and probably invest in a 4K TV for the living room.

I’m back on Graveyard shift (as the Supervisor now, Doh!) and so I’m awake all night while everyone else is asleep and it is going to work out best to put a big old TV in the living room so I can sit and play my games all night without waking anyone up. (Sony PlayStation Gold Headphones FTW.)

Another great year for games for sure. It feels like this generation is finally getting started. We have been suffering through Generation Remaster for like 5 years now and it is finally paying off with new games and new franchises.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
I hear ya. Honestly, I always think "What do you mean, 'who won' E3?" But I also feel like we should all play by the same playbook, so when a lot of people say "so and so" won the last few years, they should be intellectually honest when someone new "won" this time.

In reality, who the F cares? Does the fact that a corporation had the best conference mean I have a better time playing games in my living room?
I think it matters, because E3 is really an industry trade show under the hood. It’s become more about the fans and about putting on a streaming show for consumers on the surface, but under hood the big money people have to decide which system they should be supporting and the media attention that these companies get all year long is partially decided by how good of a job they do at E3.

If Microsoft impresses the media, the big sites like GameSpot will put more time into their titles in the upcoming year. That is why you continue to see those big media kits like the God of War kit with the posters and art book get sent out. Media coverage is free advertising and media coverage for the upomcing year starts at E3. That is partially why it matters who “Won”. Who “Won” is who we will be talking about for the next 12 months.

I guess from that point of view, Ubisoft is the big winner. I know I’ll be looking forward to their titles more than most of the other publishers.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #28
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

My list of games that I'm excited about after E3 :

Will Definitely Buy:
Tetris Effect (PSVR)
Astro Bot Rescue Mission(PSVR)
DOA 6 (PS4)
MegaMan 11 (PS4)
Cyberpunk (PS4)

Will Buy If I Have Time:
Dragon Quest 11 (PS4)
Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice (PS4)
Doom Eternal (PS4)
Fire Emblem (Switch
Octopath Traveller (Switch

Would Like To Try For A Minute:
Ghosts Of Tsushima (PS4)
We Happy Few (XBOX)
Hitman 2 (PS4)
Mario Party (Switch)
Red Dead (PS4)

That's pretty much all that interested me. To write it down, it looks like more than I thought. To be honest, the continual presence of games like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty makes me feel like I hate more about the games industry than I actually do. IT feels tedious and boring when so much attention is paid to games that are SO worn out.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Cyberpunk and Division 2 and only the latter because I have a friend who plays as well and that's what's fun about co op there. I'm more looking forward to content pushes for Battletech than almost anything from E3 with the exception of Cyberpunk.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #30
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

When this generation is done it is going to be really expensive to have Evil surgically removed from Sony's taint.

The grafting process is has been allowed to progress so far we may need a full on face transplant now and he'll just have to leave his nose, lips, and tongue up their ass. Too much longer and it'll be the entire head. How he breathes considering how much sucking up he does is a modern miracle which should be studied by TOP MEN. Osmosis maybe?

Skull and Bones looks terrible. It will be an unfun gankfest of the highest order and will be populated by people out to ruin each other's day as much as possible. I guess it is appropriate considering the theme.

Xbox clearly was best of show, though I wonder how long those new studios will stay around considering the reverse Midas Touch Microsoft has with their acquisitions.

Sony was a disaster. "Hey, here's one game. Now we're going to take a LONG FUCKING BREAK TO MOVE VENUES WHILE WE BORE YOU WITH BULLSHIT TALKIE TALK so we can show you ONE MORE GAME." The best part about the Sony Conference was how they saved the best for FIRST so I could tell my friends to just go watch the trailer and save themselves over an hour of their lives.

Ubi did OK. Their presentation of Division 2 looked and sounded much better than what was shown in Xbox and a few other places. Instead of the whole corrupt government thing it sounded a lot more... division like. Plague, gangs, etc. Not just rogue government.

So much else to talk about... but I'm so damn tired of it all!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #31
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

I don't get too crazy over E3, but like it because of all the announcements.

Cyberpunk is what I was hoping to hear more about & it kinda has me pumped.

Other than that... I do like Nintendo quite a bit, but felt they needed a bit more presence. I would have liked to hear more about Metroid & Pikmin. As it is... Super Smash Bros Ultimate looks pretty damn cool & I'm sure I'll pick it up.

I think I'm gonna pickup a PS4 at some point. Anyone have one they wanna sell, or know a good deal?

Tags
pure evil