Yesterday 10:23 AM
10 Replies, 846 Views

Old 06-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Anthem Won't Have Loot Boxes But You Can Buy Cosmetics, BioWare Says

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
At EA Play to kick off E3 2018, the company closed with a deep dive into Anthem. During the interview, BioWare general manager Casey Hudson shared more details on the Javelin mech suits and customization options. But, loot boxes won't be an option.

Hudson was clear that it wouldn't be selling randomized loot boxes, but you can purchase cosmetic items a la carte. The suits come in at least four different archetypes: Ranger, Colossus, Interceptor, and Storm. Each of them performs a bit differently, and you can switch between them for any given mission.

The customization options will let you change the paint jobs and even the actual geometry of the suit. Further details weren't shared, but it sounded as if cosmetics will be available by playing the game. It's unclear at this point if there will be some skins and vanity items that you can only get by spending money.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

They didn't show much for a game that is supposed to be out in 7 or 8 months. The enemies and setting seem bland. The Ironman/mechsuits look cool.
If the structure of the game is better than destiny. I could get on board.

I don't have time for 3 hrs raids. What is their endgame like? What is the loot grind like? Multiplayer? Need to know more before I buy.

Classes =
1 warmachine
2 Ironmonger
3 scout mobile mech.
4 wizard mech with pea shooter guns
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I remember the same thing with Destiny though. They only showed the one mission before launch and they kept showing it over and over (it was like the first 15 minutes of the game) and it really looked like something you would just skip right over and not bother playing at all and the game ended up being really good.

It didn’t have enough content for sure and the Raids suck because there is STILL no matchmaking, but it is still a decent game.

I imagine we will see more of this title today during the Xbox briefing.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I remember the same thing with Destiny though. They only showed the one mission before launch and they kept showing it over and over (it was like the first 15 minutes of the game) and it really looked like something you would just skip right over and not bother playing at all and the game ended up being really good.

It didnít have enough content for sure and the Raids suck because there is STILL no matchmaking, but it is still a decent game.

I imagine we will see more of this title today during the Xbox briefing.
heh. Man I have to disagree. The raids do not suck at all. They are actually really fun with a cool random group or with friends who have the time to learn them. But it does suck that a majority of the player base does not get to enjoy them because Bungie has yet to develop a way for players to get in them. I always liked WOWs approach to Raiding(or recent approach). Match make a lower level version of the raid so players can experience it and get decent gear. Then keep the hard versions for folks who know what to do and give them the higher Level rewards. It lets players progress and enjoy content and allows them to learn the raid through actually doing it. Win win!

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The thing about WoW’s raids was always that if you got to be high enough level, you could just solo any of the dungeons that you had to pass over before and at least get to see the content. Because Destiny & Destiny 2’s raids are all centered around content that is the highest level attainable, and there are spots where you need several players to complete a goal, a lot of people never get to see that content.

I’ve done a few raids with random people and the people are great, but the problem is still that they take hours and hours to complete and people tend to drop out before the raid is finished as a result.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:16 AM   #6
hurstshifter
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
I always liked WOWs approach to Raiding(or recent approach). Match make a lower level version of the raid so players can experience it and get decent gear. Then keep the hard versions for folks who know what to do and give them the higher Level rewards. It lets players progress and enjoy content and allows them to learn the raid through actually doing it. Win win!
I completely agree. When WoW finally implemented the LFR system, it made raiding as simple as running dungeons with the dungeon finder. So much more accessible to the casual player. Hardcore players might have been annoyed with this, but nerfing the loot you receive in LFR was a perfect decision to keep the hardcore raiders satisfied. Destiny, Anthem, and pretty much any other MMO that has a raiding mechanic, should do something like this.
hurstshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

WoW killed old content grinding to a large degree with their big update this winter.

With the new level scaling in WoW this is no longer true; especially with raids. It takes a lot of fun out of going back to stomp old content and get old mounts, achievements, trinkets, factions, appearance items, and generally do nonsense things to fill time I would have usually just said "naw, I don't want to work for my game today" and logged out.

Since raid and zone scaling was introduced I haven't really bothered to log in because everything is work. Even at mid-900 item level there's nothing trivial to just waste time doing that really advances my account, much less my character. Just run endless daily quests that don't reward shit that I care about or LFR that don't provide upgrades over the vendor gear.

Old raid mounts and achievements which used to be in the realm of soloable are now pretty much out of reach or so annoying it isn't worth it.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

This looks like a mix of The Division and Destiny to me.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
WoW killed old content grinding to a large degree with their big update this winter.
They lost me with progressive patches taking out the things I actually enjoyed. They really did work their asses off pissing me off in that last xpac I played (Draenor). Fucking nonsense.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
This looks like a mix of The Division and Destiny to me.
You had me at Hello.

Tags
anthem, bioware