32 Replies, 1,271 Views
QuakeCon 2020 Cancelled...
Last post by TheHulk
Yesterday 08:29 PM
1 Replies, 211 Views

Old 01-18-2020, 06:40 PM   #5781
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Good lord, the "vacation for Target Tori" GoFundMe is now heading to $30k! It added another $10k in just the last 7 hours.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #5782
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Apple appears to be taking sides... (I tried this on my iPad to see if it was real and didn't get the same response, though there are a lot of people on Twitter who are saying it is real.)

EDIT: People are saying it's a Wikipedia issue (which is why I laugh when people use Wikipedia as a source) but I can't confirm that.

Last edited by PacerDawn; 01-18-2020 at 07:17 PM..
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #5783
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Old 01-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #5784
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Old 01-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #5785
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

In just two days the Target Tori GoFundMe is damn near $30k.

Hopefully the career of the "journalist" who shamed her and tried to bully Target into selling him a toothbrush on the cheap is now kaput.

Now the story has reached the front page of Brietbart. I expect to see this thing go over $30k.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #5786
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
And that's not even the worst.

2) That GoFundMe for Tori, who had to put up with his shit, which was setup by the awful "alt-right" meme master Carpe Donkem, is rocketing toward $20,000.

Fuck this asshole.

These alt right shit lords are good people. I've followed them enough over the past couple years to know this. They are pissed off but they care. Besides this type of anger is the only thing short of simply killing leftist that's going to stop them. I did have to stop following these guys, it was just to toxic. There is an endless influx of new blood coming on.

Its a phase you go through. You get it all off your chest, it takes a couple years and then you can look back at it all more clearly. Hopefully once these people are done shitposting they can transition into helpful causes.

I'm seeing more and more of the right wing starting to look after their own and getting less and less kickback from doing it. People just aren't biting on the SJW memes anymore.

We may be heading towards some major networking like the left does. Lawyers to intimidate the cops at rallys, bail money for when you get locked up, legal representation when you go to court, (there is a reason the leftist are not scared of getting locked up).

It will be a few yeas yet but i think its going to happen. . Unfortunately these garbage tactics are necessary until it is utterly devastating to the persons livelyhood to hold these far left views openly. Its the tactic they used on people like me so lets hope we can return the favor. My politics are literally 90s democrat.

What about that gun rally tomorrow bros?

Antifa is planning to larp as nazi's, mix in with the pro guns folks and instigate another charolettsville it seems. Problem is this time twitter is calling this shit way in advance. The word it out, they may end up calling their plot off at this point.

Lets hope the boomers have the brains to sniff out the well off, limp wristed, genetically off subverts in their ranks and beat the living hell out of them before they pull anything.

Everyone is still learning. But its getting there.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #5787
blackzc
Evil Dead

Check his short clip. Total provocateur. He's so far left he has to mumble 'libertarian' He's kinda stupid as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MisterAnt...70732351516673

Old 01-21-2020, 12:54 AM   #5788
Eats
Developer

https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2020/01/1...rnet-of-beefs/
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #5789
stalazon
The Dit

That guy likes the sound of his own thoughts too much, waaaay too damn wordy.
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:49 AM   #5790
Chief Smash
Subscriber

... so
How about that World War 3 we got into with Iran. Pretty nuts huh?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:48 AM   #5791
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
He also thinks twitter is important. Another pseudo intellectual clueless douche, hey Eats, your type of guy!
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #5792
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalazon View Post
Yes, it was a clever article but 3x longer than it needed to be. It is unfortunate it was slanted. The way he talked about the "Knights" on the right and framing them most often as instigators shows his own bias. While entertaining, this was a guy masturbating to his own thoughts and thinking himself the smartest person on the internet ("HAHA, look at me smart enough to place myself above the fray, unlike all the mooks!" despite his clear bias) while dissing all others who navigate these digital bits and bytes.

And, as someone else said, saying Twitter is the battlefield of all is wrong. In addition, to dismiss all those on the internet who support someone or something as a "mook" (defined as "a stupid or incompetent person") shows the authors own contempt for almost everyone who chooses to support or disagree with something regardless of the legitimacy of their stance.

It also ignores how readily the non-internet savvy control and frame the narrative in the form of the TV media (yes, particularly the leftist media). Would there be so much conflict and partisanship if they weren't egging it on in such a way there was no other response except to field armies on the internet?

It is all about ratings, regardless of if those come via the internet outrage waves or actual viewership.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:02 PM   #5793
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Yes, it was a clever article but 3x longer than it needed to be. It is unfortunate it was slanted. The way he talked about the "Knights" on the right and framing them most often as instigators shows his own bias. While entertaining, this was a guy masturbating to his own thoughts and thinking himself the smartest person on the internet ("HAHA, look at me smart enough to place myself above the fray, unlike all the mooks!" despite his clear bias) while dissing all others who navigate these digital bits and bytes.

And, as someone else said, saying Twitter is the battlefield of all is wrong. In addition, to dismiss all those on the internet who support someone or something as a "mook" (defined as "a stupid or incompetent person") shows the authors own contempt for almost everyone who chooses to support or disagree with something regardless of the legitimacy of their stance.

It also ignores how readily the non-internet savvy control and frame the narrative in the form of the TV media (yes, particularly the leftist media). Would there be so much conflict and partisanship if they weren't egging it on in such a way there was no other response except to field armies on the internet?

It is all about ratings, regardless of if those come via the internet outrage waves or actual viewership.
I don't agree that "knights" were on the right. I think it was clear that both sides are basically the same in this analysis/viewpoint. Also it was way too long, but some of the ideas were interesting.

I also think you guys are ignoring twitter more than you should. Even if you don't read Twitter, it is kind of like the raw feed of information where a ton of news originates. It is the first to report on virtually everything, and the source for probably around 50% of the news. It is the main way Donald trump communicates with the American public, and even the way he communicates with some foreign powers.

Tv media often is repeating the internet/twitter or if there is some sick burn on tv it immediately becomes a clip on the internet for the Mooks to use.

I'm not saying I buy this entire philosophy, but it is an interesting perspective that holds some truth.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #5794
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't agree that "knights" were on the right. I think it was clear that both sides are basically the same in this analysis/viewpoint. Also it was way too long, but some of the ideas were interesting.
I understood there were Knights on both sides; I was objecting to the negative way he portrays the knights and the causes the right chooses to champion. It shows his bias.

Quote:
I also think you guys are ignoring twitter more than you should. Even if you don't read Twitter, it is kind of like the raw feed of information where a ton of news originates.
Ignore? No. Prioritize as the feed? Hell no. It is clear, even from @Jack's own mouth, Twitter suppresses conservative voices and opinions. And that is the NICE way to state how they treat the right.

Twitter can't be used as a primary news source any more than CNN because 90% of the stuff on there is exactly the kind of content that would make CNN or MSNBC headlines and have their analysts crowing about how terrible the right is and how virtuous the left is.

Quote:
but it is an interesting perspective that holds some truth.
The writer is far too smug in believing they've got the ability to break down who and what information flows where and the results. So pleased they don't do the critical thinking enough to realize even things like dividing people into Knights and Mooks is just another attack and the writer is an instigator as bad or worse than any of the others pretending to enlighten us "mooks".
Old 01-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #5795
Terran
Evil Dead

They got him now. He's DOOOOMED! lolol

House impeachment: debunked, discredited, or baseless? Pick 'em. lolololol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
... so
lol. You know you're a progressive if you think the world is ending any time you don't get your way.

Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied

Last edited by Terran; 01-21-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #5796
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
... so
There won't be ww3. There will just be an underground nuclear test. The timeline has been moved up.

Last edited by Eats; 01-21-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #5797
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
There won't be ww3. There will just be an underground nuclear test. The timeline has been moved up.
Ah okay. By the way, your name is in blue. You should ask Evil if he can set you up with the ayatollah color/title.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #5798
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
If Obama slowed down Iran's nuclear program, that's a hell of a quick turnaround then. Oh wait those billions accelerated it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #5799
Eats
Developer

All reasonable evidence points to an accelerated nuclear timetable for Iran since we pulled out of the Iran agreement, and Iran already made public moves to speed things up since we assassinated their general/terrorist leader/whatever.

We have already done this, there is lots of evidence that I have already provided. This is done.

When the Iran deal happened they were only about a year away according to our best estimates.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #5800
Eats
Developer

Quote:
I understood there were Knights on both sides; I was objecting to the negative way he portrays the knights and the causes the right chooses to champion. It shows his bias.
I mean, maybe. It doesn't really have anything to do with his theory. The theory certainly isn't partisan.

Quote:
Ignore? No. Prioritize as the feed? Hell no. It is clear, even from @Jack's own mouth, Twitter suppresses conservative voices and opinions. And that is the NICE way to state how they treat the right.

Twitter can't be used as a primary news source any more than CNN because 90% of the stuff on there is exactly the kind of content that would make CNN or MSNBC headlines and have their analysts crowing about how terrible the right is and how virtuous the left is.
Ok, this doesn't matter. What I mean is it isn't particularly relevant if twitter is censoring voices as long as it is creating a significant portion of the news. Also twitter is not really comparable to CNN, because there are people who just objectively report facts on twitter. Objectively it is an important news source because of how Trump uses it, but also because it is the spawning ground of so many news stories and beefs. This isn't about judging whether you like or dislike twitter.

Quote:
The writer is far too smug in believing they've got the ability to break down who and what information flows where and the results. So pleased they don't do the critical thinking enough to realize even things like dividing people into Knights and Mooks is just another attack and the writer is an instigator as bad or worse than any of the others pretending to enlighten us "mooks".
So reality can be looked at through many different lenses, and all that really matters to me is whether those lenses offer predictive or explanatory power for people's actions. This lens does explain a lot of actions from knights, like book deals and other forms of monetization. Donald Trump is very good at running ahead of where the herd is going and becoming the leader of that cause.

I'm just not so sure that the IoB is really a new development. I think before now it maybe wasn't recorded and took place in other forums. I'm not sure the IoB ever didn't exist in some form. I also don't buy any of this "end of history" nonsense.

I would say it is an interesting perspective.