6 Replies, 902 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Begins March 17th

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
We are extremely excited at Polyphony to announce the Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta. Beta participants will get a sneak peek at how Gran Turismo will pave the future of racing, competing in highly competitive races against other users across the country, and eventually, across the globe.

Participants will be able to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the Beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and we made sure to offer different race class categories and course configurations to properly test our GT fans!

This will also be the first time users will see how the Driver Profile is integrated within GT Sport. The introduction of Sportsmanship Rating (tracks a player’s behavior and manners on-track) and Driver Rating (represents the overall speed of the player and how well they perform in races) will ensure those that race online will be equally matched, naturally creating a balanced group of competitive drivers for every race.

The initial phase of the closed Beta, starting on March 17th, will only be open to selected US PSN IDs, so be sure to check your “Messages” on the PS4 dashboard to see if you’ve been invited.
As with most Beta programs, in order for the development team to capture data in an optimal manner, the sample size needs to be increased gradually and in stages. While we begin to roll out the Beta, we have decided that the time differences across the U.S. are best matched to the development team in Tokyo.

During the initial phase, our servers will be open for users during specific times across the day. We will share these times closer to the Beta launch across our social channels and GT.com.

As the Beta begins to increase in size, those who have signed up within the PlayStation Europe forum or received a direct e-mail will be selected to participate in Phase 2 of the closed Beta. Spaces will be limited so, if you don’t get into Phase 2, make sure you stay tuned for future Beta activities in the run-up to launch!
gran-turismo.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

These guys are the windows explorer of car racing games.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
They should hire Larry the Cable Guy.

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
What does that even mean? Honestly, I'm lost.
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Forza has had nine console titles released since 2005. How many GT titles for consoles have there been in that time? They seem very slow.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:49 AM   #7
Scherge
Voice of Reason

I find it unfair that GT trailers and the Japanese versions always get a "Moon Over the Castle" theme, while the Western releases are dragged down by some annoying, yet apparently more popular licensed song.

As for GT Sport itself: About damn time, I'd say! They should have released it as a PSVR launch title - it will still support VR, right? I just wish it was a "real" Gran Turismo game and not just a high-end track racing competition...
Old 03-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
I find it unfair that GT trailers and the Japanese versions always get a "Moon Over the Castle" theme
You know what is really unfair? How many times Forza has lapped around this dying husk of a forgotten era of racing game. Poor GT needs to be taken out back and shot like ol' yeller.

The last few versions were barely competitive at 3x the amount of production time.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Forza has had nine console titles released since 2005. How many GT titles for consoles have there been in that time? They seem very slow.
And not a fucking one of them is anywhere near as good as GT. imho.

Also, Turn 10 has tried to meme into reality that PD has handed the torch to them, implying PD was old hat. Forza games are souless and flat. The AI is shit. The road feel of the latest Forza doesn't even touch GT4 on PS2

So it makes sense that they can pump them out faster than PD. That said PD is slow as fuck.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post

Also, Turn 10 has tried to meme into reality that PD has handed the torch to them, implying PD was old hat. Forza games are souless and flat. The AI is shit. The road feel of the latest Forza doesn't even touch GT4 on PS2

So it makes sense that they can pump them out faster than PD. That said PD is slow as fuck.
Whatever. PD despite their lengthy development time can't even get car body damage in their games. And did you just call Forza souless? Really? All the included cars, tracks, player created skins, the drivetar ghost system etc? Souless?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #11
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post

Errrm. While I agree that "Gran Turismo" has ALWAYS been the better game for me, I really like the driving itself in "Forza Motorsport". FM5 was the game that convinced me to use the cockpit perspective exclusively, and FM6 improved on that. GT6, I can only drive in bumper cam view. Also, I'm not a fan of PD splitting up the franchise. I'm looking forward to "Gran Turismo Sport", but I fear it'll only feature circuit racing in overpowered race cars, punishing the slightest mistake. I'm too old for that shit.

P.S.: I'm still angry they didn't finish the Vision project in GT6.

P.P.S.: Where's my "Moto Toon Grand Prix 3"???

Tags
gran turismo sport