39 Replies, 1,779 Views
Blair Witch Coming to...
Last post by Evil Avatar
11-20-2019 07:52 PM
2 Replies, 319 Views

Old 10-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #41
DingBat
Evil Dead

I should know better than to get involved in a discussion like this but....

Back in December of last year, Canada received a request from the US to arrest and extradite the CFO of Huawei, supposedly for violating sanction against Iran. Canada complied with the request. Since then, China has taken steps to impede the sale of pork and soybeans from Canada. Worse, China has essentially taken two Canadian citizens hostage.

Canada doesn't have a lot of ammunition in this fight. Instead, we looked for some backup from our allies, of which the US was obviously the most important. The response is/was underwhelming, at least publicly.

We actually reached a point where our conservatives hinted/argued that our left leaning government should have ignored the US extradition request. These are strange times indeed.

Trade is always a two way street. China just believes that their customers won't stand together, and so far this has been true. Obviously, the US has the biggest stick, but a unified front from their biggest customers explaining that there are some standards of behavior we need to see from the Chinese government might (I say might because nothing is certain wrt China) get their attention. The past "divide and conquer" approach to diplomacy used by the current US administration makes that harder to achieve.

We need to stop with the left-right fighting and the winner-take-all approach to diplomacy we've seen in the world lately. NATO, for all it's faults, did a decent job of maintaining a stable east-west relationship. Maybe we need something similar, albeit perhaps more of an economic alliance?? As I said, Canada doesn't have much ammo here, but I think you'd find we'd be in a favorable frame of mind wrt a multinational counter to Chinese bullying.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:31 AM   #42
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
I should know better than to get involved in a discussion like this but....

Back in December of last year, Canada received a request from the US to arrest and extradite the CFO of Huawei, supposedly for violating sanction against Iran. Canada complied with the request. Since then, China has taken steps to impede the sale of pork and soybeans from Canada. Worse, China has essentially taken two Canadian citizens hostage.

Canada doesn't have a lot of ammunition in this fight. Instead, we looked for some backup from our allies, of which the US was obviously the most important. The response is/was underwhelming, at least publicly.

We actually reached a point where our conservatives hinted/argued that our left leaning government should have ignored the US extradition request. These are strange times indeed.

Trade is always a two way street. China just believes that their customers won't stand together, and so far this has been true. Obviously, the US has the biggest stick, but a unified front from their biggest customers explaining that there are some standards of behavior we need to see from the Chinese government might (I say might because nothing is certain wrt China) get their attention. The past "divide and conquer" approach to diplomacy used by the current US administration makes that harder to achieve.

We need to stop with the left-right fighting and the winner-take-all approach to diplomacy we've seen in the world lately. NATO, for all it's faults, did a decent job of maintaining a stable east-west relationship. Maybe we need something similar, albeit perhaps more of an economic alliance?? As I said, Canada doesn't have much ammo here, but I think you'd find we'd be in a favorable frame of mind wrt a multinational counter to Chinese bullying.
It's only going to get worse the more financial leverage China gets
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:45 AM   #43
Rommel
International Playboy

I am not going to weigh in on the issue itself, for obvious reasons, other than to point out how clear are the falsehoods are in ministryofwrath's posts. His sentence structure, writing style and tone are trademark "Asian," with no specificity, not Western and his word choice is very typical a particular group of people, which I will also let you all choose to discern.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:57 AM   #44
Rommel
International Playboy

Let's take a look at ministryofwrath's body of work here on Evil Avatar!

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthr...th#post2420378
Quote:
some parts of the world still hold family values and the house hold unit to a standard without sacrificing the rights of equality, the issue isn't legal it's social, that being said, it's easy to correct as both a man and a women, it's easy to go where a woman has a advantage, for the men, they'd have to probably resort to other locations in the world if they were seeking a "traditional" wife.
This doesn't sound Western, does it?

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263165
Quote:
This looks so CG dead that it could be a covenant sequel.

And in a way I actually liked the A.I aspect of that movie.

but that isn't a complement to this show.

I'm sure I'll find this on my harddrive and attempt to watch it, I always hope I get proven wrong with scifi.
Back and forth, contradictory sentences with not merely wrong but random punctuation does not point to a native English speaker. Doesn't even look like a English as a second language speaker...

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262924
Quote:
From the cure to the virus that destroyed the world... to vengeance lesbians?

The scope of this games story sure better be more than this....

Graphically and gameplay wise it looks brilliant though
Again, disclaimers before all opinions and a post style that resembles a Haiku. And "Vengeance lesbians?" Almost like he has difficulty with adding suffixes to English words.

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262800
Quote:
I hear a game is never really out of closed beta until it launches on steam, and even then it's normally early alpha access
Okay. Um... Those are definitely words in a row.

Poster: ministryofwrath is not a Westerner living abroad. He's an Asian, living in Asia, with a different worldview than the majority of this forum. While that may have some value in a discussion, he's chosen to obfuscate his actual experience in a mistaken belief or deliberate ruse to lend weight to his opinions, which are predictably unpopular.
Quote:
*Not in context
Old 10-10-2019, 04:09 AM   #45
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Let's take a look at ministryofwrath's body of work here on Evil Avatar!

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthr...th#post2420378

This doesn't sound Western, does it?

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263165

Back and forth, contradictory sentences with not merely wrong but random punctuation does not point to a native English speaker. Doesn't even look like a English as a second language speaker...

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262924

Again, disclaimers before all opinions and a post style that resembles a Haiku. And "Vengeance lesbians?" Almost like he has difficulty with adding suffixes to English words.

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262800

Okay. Um... Those are definitely words in a row.

Poster: ministryofwrath is not a Westerner living abroad. He's an Asian, living in Asia, with a different worldview than the majority of this forum. While that may have some value in a discussion, he's chosen to obfuscate his actual experience in a mistaken belief or deliberate ruse to lend weight to his opinions, which are predictably unpopular.

I have poor grammar, and I accept that, however it doesn't belittle what I have to say.

I see a trend, constantly people try to attack my character rather than the points I make.

Millions of college graduated people working at McDonalds have better grammar than me.

If pointing out character flaws, or flaws in my grammar is what you rather focus on, go for it.

it's just copycatting what politicians do, skate around the points and problems by trying to belittle someones character.

Sure I'm annoyed at my limitations, but I just don't care so much to proof read, because my pride and self worth isn't derived by how well I type, seeing as it's weak point of mine to start with.

I'm not going to share my details to prove you wrong, as I wouldn't want to be doxed when I return to the west one day.

The fact my Ideas would have someone talk out of their ass about me and point out character flaws instead of confront the points I've made makes me all too aware of the kind of people I'll have to navigate when I return to the west.

So tear me down, spread rumors about me, it won't build you up.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:52 AM   #46
ChipperJonz
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I have poor grammar, and I accept that, however it doesn't belittle what I have to say.

I see a trend, constantly people try to attack my character rather than the points I make.

Millions of college graduated people working at McDonalds have better grammar than me.

If pointing out character flaws, or flaws in my grammar is what you rather focus on, go for it.

it's just copycatting what politicians do, skate around the points and problems by trying to belittle someones character.

Sure I'm annoyed at my limitations, but I just don't care so much to proof read, because my pride and self worth isn't derived by how well I type, seeing as it's weak point of mine to start with.

I'm not going to share my details to prove you wrong, as I wouldn't want to be doxed when I return to the west one day.

The fact my Ideas would have someone talk out of their ass about me and point out character flaws instead of confront the points I've made makes me all too aware of the kind of people I'll have to navigate when I return to the west.

You are weird. You talk strangely, not normal. What you claim could be true, but it also could be a lie. People from the US, Canada, etc, don't say that they will one day return to "the west." They say the country name, or at least "the States."

Keep being you bud, it's cool and whatever, but you just talk quite oddly overall. It's not about your grammar, it's about everything.
ChipperJonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:54 AM   #47
BadIronTree
Subscriber

Quote:
I've been living abroad more or less for 6 years.

in that time, I've seen a culture that prioritizes its own people and culture, and its worked out well for them.

Now it's time for Hong Kong to accept its identity as part of china, and stop living on borrowed power from other countries, they are chinese, and hong kong is part of china.

So many people from china, and hong kong, come to America and start to replace the local people, the signs the restaurants the culture.

yet here they are screaming "we aren't chinese save us, give us western freedom and culture"

And I'm sick of the twisted double standards.

So I'm saying let hong kong return to their rightful owners and people.

they need to stop begging westerners to sacrifices western lives to save them.

Because in the end, they'd replace us while calling us racist and taking advantage of our local laws to benefit their people while sacrifices ours.

I'm saying ones own people should come first before you save the rest of the world, and virtue signaling won't save your soul or your people.

Living abroad makes you more immune to koolaid than the average person, for better or worse.

And no insult taken, even if you are criticizing, it's the internet, I've got chainmail for skin
No-one is hating China because They are Chinese...
Their hybrid "communist" and capitalist government have very selective Morality... When their power is threaten they are worst than the Russians (learned from the best :P)

All the land is Government land... Even Tesla had to kiss their hand to make the new factory in record time...
The same way they got to make 70% of all the worlds wind turbines... Took the land and moved the farmers away...

The social credit thing is a 1984 DREAM come true... In time you will not be able to get a bus to work because your credit suck...
Old 10-10-2019, 05:18 AM   #48
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The rules were broken, he'll have to suck it up. I thank him for his sacrifice.
After all, down in section 6 of the 3 point font document they throw up it CLEARLY says:

Emphasis mine.

So better not leave your mic on while making cow farting noises. It could trigger some Eco-nut who has pull at Blizzard.

I hope someone picks him up but, lets face it, no one wants to go against our $ino-overlords. Too much money to lose!
The major problem, IMO, is their response to the chinese.

They basically kneel and kiss Xi Ji Ping shoes asking for forgiveness.

Whatever backlash they get is not enough to punish then.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #49
Rommel
International Playboy

Just some interesting stories that EvAv should be linking:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/9/2...ite-blitzchung

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...nding_with_hk/
Quote:
*Not in context
Old 10-10-2019, 07:28 AM   #50
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipperJonz View Post
You are weird. You talk strangely, not normal. What you claim could be true, but it also could be a lie. People from the US, Canada, etc, don't say that they will one day return to "the west." They say the country name, or at least "the States."

Keep being you bud, it's cool and whatever, but you just talk quite oddly overall. It's not about your grammar, it's about everything.

Thank you for disagreeing with me constructively.

You don't have to like someone, or even be kind to disagree, and this man has given a prime example of that.

I never claimed to be normal, and by the standards of what normal passes for these days, I'm happy with that, it means my mind is relatively free.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #51
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:

He is not putting you down for bad grammar. He's pointing out that your grammar and phrasing are indicative of someone who is not an native English speaker or resident of a western country. And is using that as a basis for his conclusion that you are from some Asian country.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #52
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
And is using that as a basis for his conclusion that you are from some Asian country.
And from a worldview that is not typically Western, though he is presenting that "No, I'm not Chinese" as a shield for having what appear to be anti-freedom viewpoints and how "Living abroad makes you more immune to koolaid than the average person, for better or worse." I get the opinion he is actually a ideologically driven and contained person with very limited world experience pretending to be something he's not.
Quote:
*Not in context
Old 10-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #53
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Fuck those communist shit stains. I won’t be supporting any company that prioritizes groveling to these communist shits.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #54
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
Fuck those communist shit stains. I won’t be supporting any company that prioritizes groveling to these communist shits.
At this point there reaching Nazi Germany levels of evil
Old 10-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #55
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Good to see there are still bitter, jaded, apathetic people on the Internet!

Forcing American companies out of China will fix the problem, and that only happens if they suffer for staying there and benefit for leaving.

And for those of you who suffer from such an extreme case of TDS that you think fucking with China somehow improves Trump's personal financial position vis a vis the Chinese, you're just a dumb POS, lol.
The companies aren't trying to move in there so much as make china a customer base. America is pennies compared to the pie that is china with billions of potential customers. Keeping the chinese gov't happy so they can sell their population everything they possibly can is high priority and makes whatever the NA customer base could muster peanuts. They don't have to be in there they just have to be allowed to sell them shit.

China knows they're the hottest girl at the ball and dangles its pretty customer base to everyone and even if india is also getting there its' not as technically robust as china but it really boils down to how much outside countries are going to put up with chinas bullshit before they say fuckit and head over to india and move manufacturing to just as welcoming countries towards corporations who desire better rates and lower costs. Let's hope they pull out of china before it's too late because frankly it's fucking ridic the hoops I'm seeing these companies jump through to please them.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #56
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
The companies aren't trying to move in there so much as make china a customer base. America is pennies compared to the pie that is china with billions of potential customers. Keeping the chinese gov't happy so they can sell their population everything they possibly can is high priority and makes whatever the NA customer base could muster peanuts. They don't have to be in there they just have to be allowed to sell them shit.

China knows they're the hottest girl at the ball and dangles its pretty customer base to everyone and even if india is also getting there its' not as technically robust as china but it really boils down to how much outside countries are going to put up with chinas bullshit before they say fuckit and head over to india and move manufacturing to just as welcoming countries towards corporations who desire better rates and lower costs. Let's hope they pull out of china before it's too late because frankly it's fucking ridic the hoops I'm seeing these companies jump through to please them.
I really wish India would become a counter weight to China. They have the population and there democratic
Old 10-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #57
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
I really wish India would become a counter weight to China. They have the population and there democratic
I agree I wish India was in a position to do that however, India has plenty of it's own internal problems, especially trying to manage the Hindu and Muslim clashes, corruption in government, and a 3rd world infrastructure in 90% of it's cities.

China offers a workforce, 1st world *manufacturing* infrastructure, and (just as important) stability. Even if that stability is continued at the barrel of a gun.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #58
RAV
Evil Dead

Oh damn, I was kinda looking forward to the release of the War3 remaster by the end of this year.

But now I cannot ever buy anything Blizzard again.

Our entire entertainment industry from top to bottom is infected by commie shills, from Chinese investors to SJWs.

Combined with all the annoying monetization schemes, I'm just so damn tired of everything.
May pick up my own projects again after I've stopped from all the frustration with the creative scene.
But it sometimes feels like trying to find an artist who's not sjw is like trying to find a demon that's not evil.

Fuck if I know.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #59
magicka
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Better list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...orship_orders/

This is leaders of countries and global enterprises being incredibly short sighted and putting short term profit over dignity and humanity. People in power rarely give up power. CCP has been able to get the world to kowtow to their shameless demands for decades, why would they stop anytime soon?
magicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #60
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicka View Post
Thank you for the improved link. That's the one I meant to link to, and somehow I screwed it up. I think I clicked through on one of the stories and copied that url by accident.

Going to edit that into my other post. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote