Yesterday 11:44 PM
108 Replies, 200,336 Views

Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment Announced

Quote:
Introducing the DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment

Today weíre excited to introduce the DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment to gamers of all skill levels who enjoy playing competitively. This new attachment elevates your gameplay by delivering more versatility and performance, while maintaining the comfort and feel of the DualShock 4 wireless controller youíve come to love.

Its sleek design, with two programmable and highly tactile back buttons, allows you to utilize more of your hand to shorten your response time and gives you more flexibility in competitive gameplay.

ē Responsive Back Buttons and High-fidelity OLED Screen: The two back buttons can map up to 16 different actions such as triangle, circle, R1 and R2 to name a few and provide amazing tactile feedback, so you can jump and slide without missing a beat. The attachment also features an integrated OLED display that provides real time information around button assignments.

ē Highly Configurable: A dedicated button allows you to remap back button inputs on the fly, so you are always prepared no matter what game youíre playing. Furthermore, you can save and choose up to three different profiles for use in various games and there is also a headset pass-through for connecting any 3.5mm wired headset to the controller.

ē Developed by PlayStation: The product is tested and approved for all of your favorite PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR titles, and is built with the ergonomics of the DS4 in mind.

The Back Button Attachment launches in US and Canada on January 23, 2020, for SRP $29.99 USD, $39.99 CAD, so make sure to pick one up if youíre looking to play and compete at your best.
blog.us.playstation.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

you can remap as one button, which i admit is pretty neat but can you map it for a button combo? for certain fighting games having a circle + Square mapped to one button for quick access is great, beyond that i dont know how useful it will be. I like the steam controller for having next level customization options...but im not convinced about this.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

An LED on the BACK of the controller?

Oh jeez.

I get that you won't be looking at it much, but wouldn't a simpler design have been better?
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
An LED on the BACK of the controller?

Oh jeez.

I get that you won't be looking at it much, but wouldn't a simpler design have been better?
I suspect that was the most elegant place to put the screen so people can program their shit in.

And it's an OLED at that! Fancy! Of course it won't work with the PS/5. I am not getting anything until backward compatibility is stated. They got me on the Playstation Remote for the PS/3 and I won't waste money again.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I could see myself getting this. It gets old hitting the X all the time in Red Dead Online. Might be nice to be able to push your horse as hard as it can go without having to take your thumbs off the sticks. Really good for looking back and shooting at guys chasing you.

If you were really into first-person shooters, this thing would be a must have.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #7
RAV
Evil Dead

I wonder... if this is a test for the next controller of PS5.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
actusoul
Evil Dead

I have a scuff controller and paid $225 with all the options. I couldn't play without back buttons now. This is a great option; $29 + cost of new controller is a worthwhile cheaper alternative. Thanks Sony.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #9
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
If you were really into first-person shooters, this thing would be a must have.
Actually, if you are really into first-person shooters on consoles, THIS thing is a must have. I have an older version and it is flat out awesome. I'm not a big controller person anyway, so it's difficult to play any game without it.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I can imagine having buttons on the back is great. There are a lot of times when I was playing Fallen Order when using the sticks and trying to press buttons was a problem.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Actually, if you are really into first-person shooters on consoles, THIS thing is a must have. I have an older version and it is flat out awesome. I'm not a big controller person anyway, so it's difficult to play any game without it.
I play Apex with a Scuff controller and the back buttons are essential. You can play without lifting your fingers from the thumbsticks. Very useful and helpful in FPS. You can program this too and see the mapping on the back. If you play with back buttons, you will appreciate the value.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #12
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I'm amazed that it's taking so long for the major companies to realize back buttons are good. I'm hoping that going forward Sony and MS will have back buttons on stock controllers. It's a necessary evolution.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dualshock, playstation