Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 06:37 AM
14 Replies, 589 Views

Old 08-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Watch the new Gears of War 5 Story Trailer

Quote:
With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera herself.

#Gears5 launches on September 10th. Play 4 days early with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or the Gears 5: Ultimate Edition.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Wow.... despite the fem-fail nature of this, the song is at least not RAP.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I always kind of liked Marcus Fenix and The Cole Train but I just lost my interest over the years. The last one I played was Gears 3 and I sort of had to force myself to finish it. But I repeatedly have to remind myself that I'm not the target audience for this stuff, not anymore at least. I buy maybe one game a year for myself instead of a game or two per month that I probably bought when I was young, stupid, and single.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Terrible song choice made the trailer crap. Was happy to see some changes there but feels like the game hasn't evolved much at all in the last decade from what I can see.

Looks real pretty tho.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
Azzy
Cthulian

hahahah

i've been saying for quite some time that this series sucks and wow, it looks like it's going to be pretty hard to fight back.

i sure hope they can save wherever the fuck their last bastion of survival is from the monsters that are explained as being unstoppable but in the end can be because of the monster's bad habit of running from one spot to the next or standing up a lot.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:10 AM   #7
Juan
Evil Dead

Just like the matrix post on the frontpage today - Gears 1 was good but not a classic. The rest are middling to bad.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:50 AM   #8
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Dude it's almost 2020, I like my Xbox just fine, but I am always puzzled why this series is a thing. It's like that game "The Surge." It's cool, it's fine, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I only wonder why everyone didn't agree with me in like 2010. I understand the first game had good graphics on a console, but get over it already. It's generic as fuck. Cliff Blezinski is cool or whatever, but where is the grand amazing skills I am supposed to see regarding this series.

I don't blame Microsoft for going all in on a popular franchise, but Gears is just not that interesting. I spent the last generation buying them because they were supposed to be cool. I beat them all and just felt like Kane and Lynch or Army of Two got a bad rap because who cares its just a freaking 3rd person shooter. Halo is actually special, this series is just SyFy channel space marine crap.

As I've said prior, I have the Gamepass crap so I'll play this on PC at some point, but it will have to be truly amazing to get me to sing its praises.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:06 AM   #9
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
Dude it's almost 2020, I like my Xbox just fine, but I am always puzzled why this series is a thing. It's like that game "The Surge." It's cool, it's fine, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I only wonder why everyone didn't agree with me in like 2010. I understand the first game had good graphics on a console, but get over it already. It's generic as fuck. Cliff Blezinski is cool or whatever, but where is the grand amazing skills I am supposed to see regarding this series.

I don't blame Microsoft for going all in on a popular franchise, but Gears is just not that interesting. I spent the last generation buying them because they were supposed to be cool. I beat them all and just felt like Kane and Lynch or Army of Two got a bad rap because who cares its just a freaking 3rd person shooter. Halo is actually special, this series is just SyFy channel space marine crap.

As I've said prior, I have the Gamepass crap so I'll play this on PC at some point, but it will have to be truly amazing to get me to sing its praises.
You nailed it on the head perfectly. This is a perfect Gamepass game.

CliffyB is not really that talented in my mind. I think they lucked out with Gears when it first came out. Had some good spectacle, and at the time, looked amazing on the xbox. But I have tried playing it multiple times since, and it is pretty bland and the mechanics feel terrible. I have felt that way about each subsequent release. Just a grind to get through.

I will say the most recent is competent, and has some decent parts to it, but a lot of it is forgettable like the universe.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gears of war, gears of war 5