Last post by ministryofwrath
Yesterday 11:19 PM
7 Replies, 494 Views

Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
I'm willing to wait and see how RE6 does. My guess is that it'll bomb. As soon as the word of mouth gets out there that it's not so great, it'll be over.

PA article is consistent with my own feelings from the demo.
Word from who? Reviewers? Get real. RE is a gold mine, it's not going to bomb regardless. I've read some of the reviews so far and the only REAL deterrent I can find that isn't just bitching about nothing is the weapon system, but it's not nearly as big a problem as it's made out to be. If the game is overall as fun as the demo it's going to be great.

Man, RE5 made a lot of people bitter. lol.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
BEN KUCHERA / 5 HOURS AGO
We can argue about genre or the feel of the original games, but at least with Chris' campaign they've moved away from "good game" into "bad game."

Quote:
Man, RE5 made a lot of people bitter. lol.
I liked RE5 so, I don't know what you're talking about. Have it on both my PC and my XBox. Plays great on the PC. Wish RE4 was on Steam. I'd buy it again too.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6...-evil-6/review
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Notice how the "cons" they listed have virtually nothing to do with the gameplay? As far as the melee combat, it felt fine in the demo.

Sorry, but you're being a biased sheep. Let's wait until the game comes out, yeah?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Notice how the "cons" they listed have virtually nothing to do with the gameplay? As far as the melee combat, it felt fine in the demo.

Sorry, but you're being a biased sheep. Let's wait until the game comes out, yeah?
Eh, says the hardcore RE guy who got Operation Raccoon even after everybody in the world told you it was shit.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #26
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Eh, says the hardcore RE guy who got Operation Raccoon even after everybody in the world told you it was shit.
Who was everybody? I bought it on release day just like everyone else and it DID sell.

Less hyperbole, PLEASE.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Who was everybody? I bought it on release day just like everyone else and it DID sell.

Less hyperbole, PLEASE.
It sold because people like "fans" like you both it. It doesn't matter if it sold, it doesn't make it a good...hell a decent game or are you just gonna say sales>quality when it is convenient to you?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #28
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

(Sterling Cont.)

When Resident Evil 4 first crashed into the market, it shook up the action genre and inspired years of pretenders that helped evolve the industry. It's saddening to see a sequel to that game among the lower rung of hopeless followers, content no longer to lead but to follow like a starving dog after a trail of meat scraps. Resident Evil now lingers far behind, set back by the kind of rookie mistakes reserved for brand new games rather than the sixth installment of a series that should know better. It tows the line in terms of combat, structure, and pacing, only attempting "innovation" in areas that didn't need innovating, and managing to make a pig's ear of every single attempt. Its cover system has no place in a game made by professionals. The inadequate ability for players to defend themselves from attacks is maddening, and the unhelpful camera (that the enemies exploit for cheap hits) can only be described as disgusting. Budget games have done better than this.

It's bad enough that the game -- at its very best -- is so pedestrian, but to screw up in areas that even third-rate shooters manage to get right is something Capcom should find degrading. It's not enough to say that Resident Evil 6 is poor as a Resident Evil game. That alone implies there could be a quality experience if fans can get past their preconceptions and feelings of betrayal. No, Resident Evil 6 is poor by the standards of any game, not just the high ones set by its own legacy. This is unexceptional tripe that becomes insulting once the woeful missteps come into play. Resident Evil 6 is not just a step back for the series, it's a step back for common garden, unassuming action-shooters.

If any consistently good thing can be said of Resident Evil 6, it's that it has made Paul W.S. Anderson's film adaptations look like fine works of art in comparison.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
It sold because people like "fans" like you both it. It doesn't matter if it sold, it doesn't make it a good...
Sadly I bought "Operation Raccoon City" too, day one. What an awful piece of shit it was. "Revelations" totally crushes it. For an RE game, "Revelations" is really pretty good, just not as good as I hoped it was going to be. It's not too far off RE5, just too many swimming parts and the whole character thing I mentioned before. As I explained to someone, RE is on a bell curve, it peaked at RE4 and it now on the downward slide into junk status.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #30
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro
Resident Evil 6 is the ultimate junk food video game. It has all the depth and profundity of a Big Brother contestant and like any good reality TV it can be extremely entertaining for those that are happy to switch off their brain and be carried along by the stream of nonsense.

It’s obvious from the opening minutes that Resident Evil 6’s real ambition is to be the video game equivalent of a Michael Bay film, removing any hint of intelligence or artistry in favour of empty spectacle. The game’s greatest failure is that it succeeds in that goal all too well.

In Short: If Resident Evil wants to be an action game then so be it, but it needs to be a good one – not this linear, patronisingly simplistic time waster.

Pros: Mountains of content, with four separate story campaigns and a huge supply of other modes and extras. Generally good graphics and the odd inspired set piece.

Cons: The core combat and controls are awkward, shallow and done better by a dozen other games. Linear, unimaginative level design, and not at all frightening. Terrible script.
Hey this is a game perfect for you PSP!

MasterKwan Revelations was the best RE game since 2/4. Even with the half assed plot. Even with the awkward PRO circle controls. If that had been RE6 (done on a console) I would have been all over it and have even forgotten it was made by Capcom.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #31
ovi
Dread Lord

the series had some "lesser" games over the time. i consider RE2 one of the best parts beside the original remake on GC. RE4 is also an alltime favorit. the 5th part was just a weaker game overall, less violent, less shocking, more for a younger audience.
however the 6te looks great but with mikami gone, you can't expect to see another real authentic RE game anymore. look out for whatever mikami is making, and you find probably more RE feeling in some other game...
ovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #32
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
It sold because people like "fans" like you both it. It doesn't matter if it sold, it doesn't make it a good...hell a decent game or are you just gonna say sales>quality when it is convenient to you?
But... the game IS good. Yes, hype sells sequels... but RE5 was good as was every canon installment before it.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #33
Ozena
Evil Dead

Quote:
But... the game IS good. Yes, hype sells sequels... but RE5 was good as was every canon installment before it.
I agree with you here. RE 5 might not have hit the heights as some of its predecessors, but it's still a solid game. It seems to be that the series now gets graded on the Resident Evil 4 scale - if it's not the same, it doesn't score top marks.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #34
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
"Start to identify with them?" Really? These are RE characters, many of whom we've been playing as for nearly 2 decades now. You're trying to say less time played as one character than another takes you out of the rhythm?

Eh, whatever. The more characters and more unique experiences the better. Revelations was a picture perfect RE game in my estimation; anything and everything you wanted as an RE fan you could get out of that game.
Wait, so not liking a large cast is a lazy argument, but dismissing their effect because RE characters are mindless, two-dimensional morons and that's okay is a valid retort?

You baffle me, PSPfreak. You baffle me in the way that only a cow wearing panties could previously. Little frilly ones with dangles. Moooooo.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #35
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
I WAS NOT talking about RE5 there but Raccoon City.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

http://www.gamespot.com/resident-evi...ial;WatchItNow

GENIUS.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #37
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
AgPope, you really are a sheep sometimes. Another shitty review where the "cons" don't mention anything significant where it pertains to GAMEPLAY and yet somehow feel fit give the game a shit score. Those "ripping the controls from the player's hands" are not as frequent or as big a deal as these people make it out to be. In old RE games if you get bit, you get bit and lose health. This game gives you a chance to savor your health.

I've never seen ANYTHING like this before. A quality Triple A game getting absolutely BLASTED by reviewers. Is there anybody out there reviewing this that isn't a biased, pre-RE4 fanboy?

I remember a time where reviewers took GAMEPLAY into account for reviewing games. I guess there's nowhere I can go to to look for fair, intelligent, non-biased reviews anymore. The reception this great game is getting is fucking sickening.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #38
PSPfreak
Banned

Meant to say "butt-hurt fanboys." These morons are so bitter that the horror element isn't there much anymore that they give the game a shit score despite it being overall solid. So the game wasn't what you wanted... get over it and do a review fairly.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #39
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Actually ever since RE5 I knew Horror was dead in the series. I'm okay with that. But it doesn't excuse this Gears of War QTE lovechild. I seriously hate QTE. I could never truly like God of War because of them. Also dude that wasn't a review but feedback. Have you seen some of the posts on that site? They are EXTREME. Like you can't have one guy say for example "I'll get it but it just doesn't warrant a full price" while the other tells the guy "You idiot RE6 is perfection go play COD scrub". Ironically RE6 is built under COD's rules of stupidity. I mean tell me with a straight face that it doesn't feel like a Michael Bay film at times. The guys who are bashing the game aren't even old RE fans just people who got the game and weren't very happy with it. Old RE fans either adapted to actionbay or just stopped playing the games altogether.

Also where do you get off calling me a sheep? It is not like I do anything mainstream, like ever? Besides liking BL2 (which IP got popular out of nowhere). Aren't you more of a sheep by conforming to whatever Capcom gives you?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #40
Venkman
Evil Dead

A reviewer who can't enjoy RE6 needs to find a new job. it isn't horror, and that's fine. If you don't like the QTE's, that's a fine critique, because they are everywhere. I don't mind it at all because it makes me panic and scream and that's fun. ;-)

The gunplay and melee work very well, and the game eases you into it over time. Once you get the hang of it it becomes fun, like the melee in RE5. It's satisfying to push zombies out of windows, smash heads into walls, etc. Chris Redfield does some ridiculous shit. He picks up zombies and smashes them. I threw one into a river last night just because I could.

My partners routinely get their asses kicked. But they don't die from things I can't control, don't use my ammo, etc, so I don't hate him/her. I played a level with Leon where I was holed up in a gun shop as waves of enemies broke their way in. It's classic zombie movie fare in playable form. It's great.

It feels like a logical extension to me. It started off with small outbreaks in creepy locales. Now with multiple versions of the virus, the world is aware of it and have created armed forces to stop it.. With large scale outbreaks in a city with tons of zombies and massive BOW's stomping around, it warrants the extra gun play. It's no longer an isolated, creepy game at night. It isn't post apocalyptic - it's during the apocalypse. It's SHTF time and that means automatic weapons, car chases, bombing of cities, and torching infected areas. There are nods to 28 days later in here and I love it.

I love it because I love video games. Varied creature design, inspired animation and sound, superb lighting (the interior campus in Leon's campaign is GORGEOUS), expansive levels, and I have yet to see a framerate hit or wonky buggy behavior.

Add in generous co-op modes including Xbox Live, splitscreen AND system link for the campaign (say what?), add in the single or multiplayer mercenaries mode (again Live, splitscreen system link), agent hunt, plus a website component that lets you unlock costumes and such - it's bonkers. The value for money is wonderful. The scope is large and they are proud of it. Each campaign feels like it could be its own release. Game companies don't do this anymore.

This is the only game that got me excited since ME3 (I know, the ending is bad... ). This is a company going all out and giving you shit you don't see anywhere else. Shitty reviewers and butt hurt fanboys may compare it to call of duty, but I can't remember the last time CoD had me fighting an 80 foot monster, chasing it off with machine gun fire, then watching it stomp away and failing to climb over an archway in its attempted escape, collapsing parts of the building in the process.

This is what large budget games were made for. It's a gamers game.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blind can see?, capcom, no they can't, resident evil 2