Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 04:49 AM
27 Replies, 6,624 Views

Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Diablo III - Patch 2.4.0: Greyhollow Island Trailer #Diablo3 #Blizzard

Quote:
Get a first look at our latest Adventure Mode exclusive zone, Greyhollow Island! This cursed, forested land is stepped in mystery and devoid of civilized life. Can you uncover the secrets of this isle and survive its madness?
Click on the headline to watch the trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I played for about an hour last night. I'm going to stick with it this week, I never put that much time into Diablo III and I wouldn't mind finishing off the main quest.

I'm doing a seasonal Crusader right now.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Argh...just drop the thing already! Love this game. One of my top ten of the past decade, easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Looks great! I love the True Detective homage they threw in there.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
actusoul
Evil Dead

I play Diablo III and I am on the main quest. I have heard of rifts, arenas, and other sections but I do not what they are? Are they part of the main quest? Excuse my ignorance. An additional separate quest?
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

I played for hours, the whole time muttering to myself that "I don't get it." The click 'n' slash RPG is just one I cannot get into.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
I play Diablo III and I am on the main quest. I have heard of rifts, arenas, and other sections but I do not what they are? Are they part of the main quest? Excuse my ignorance. An additional separate quest?
Rifts are part of the "adventure mode" in the menu when you enter the game. Main quest doesn't have rifts.

Never been to the arena so no idea there.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #9
Antdude
Evil Dead

Nice to see Blizzard has really listened to the fans and improved the game so much from its original, sorry state at release. It's great that Adventure Mode offers not only replayability, but the opportunity to add new content like Greyhollow Island without having to wait for a whole expansion to put it out there.

I have no idea if Blizzard is planning another D3 expansion, but it's great to see them continuing to support the game this way.
Antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #10
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
You need to beat the main quest and you will unlock Adventure Mode. That is when the real game starts. Bounties, rifts, and grifts.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 PM   #11
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antdude View Post
Nice to see Blizzard has really listened to the fans and improved the game so much from its original, sorry state at release. It's great that Adventure Mode offers not only replayability, but the opportunity to add new content like Greyhollow Island without having to wait for a whole expansion to put it out there.

I have no idea if Blizzard is planning another D3 expansion, but it's great to see them continuing to support the game this way.
Heavy rumors they are, but that's just it, rumors. I'd be down for another expansion though. Blizzard has openly admitted they can't keep up the ice they have been by adding free content.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #12
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
You need to beat the main quest and you will unlock Adventure Mode. That is when the real game starts. Bounties, rifts, and grifts.
Thank you. I will finish the main quest and then you can continue your character with these other modes. It makes sense now.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

The end game is a lot of fun, but it's a different kind of fun. If you're primarily interested in story then you're going to get your enjoyment out of the main quest line and acts. If like me you actually enjoy max level play more, and want to progress your character's gear and abilities like I enjoy doing, then you're going to love the end game at max level (70). At level 70 you will begin to earn Paragon points, allowing you to essentially level up endlessly as well as boost certain stats with each Paragon increase (I'm at 441 myself). You'll also have bounties to run (mainly for crafting materials, loot, and Paragon levels), Nephalem Rifts (mainly for Greater Rift keystones, loot, and Paragon levels) and Greater Rifts (mainly for finding and leveling legendary gems, set items, and Paragon levels).

Any legendary items with an orange-text affix (excluding a couple of rare exceptions like Corrupted Ashbringer, can be destroyed Kanai's Cube (with the right accompanying materials) to 'bank' the ability. You can use one weapon, armor, and jewelry ability on each toon. That adds a LOT of flexibility to your builds.

One small word of advice would be to be careful not to destroy any 'Ancient" legendary items, as they only drop at a 10% rate and you may find a use for them on another character at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard entertainment, diablo 3, diablo iii