PlayStation Announce New...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 06:18 PM
0 Replies, 135 Views

Old 01-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Razer Project Valerie Revealed, Trailer #CES2017

Click on the Headline for the Press Release and Trailer.

Quote:
Go beyond extreme with the world’s first automated triple display gaming laptop — Project Valerie: http://rzr.to/valerie

Calling your gaming experience epic is an understatement as you watch three stunning 17.3” 4k screens unfold before you through an innovative automated deployment system. Indulge in immersive gaming at a resolution of 11520x2160 with full native support for NVIDIA Surround View. See it to believe it at CES 2017.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
LAS VEGAS (CES 2017) – Razer™, the leading lifestyle brand for gamers, today revealed a multi-monitor laptop computer concept that sets a new standard for immersive entertainment and multipurpose portable computing.

Dubbed “Project Valerie,” the system is the world’s first portable laptop with three built-in monitors. Each 17.3-inch 4K IGZO display is equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology that is capable of producing the smoothest possible framerates and expansive 180 degree NVIDIA Surround View gaming. Creative professionals can look forward to 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy and the greatest amount of screen real estate ever assembled in a single computer.

Project Valerie uses an automatic deployment mechanism designed by Razer. Each display mechanically slides out of the side of the main screen and adjusts into place, making it easy for users to deploy. With integrated multi-monitor support, users will no longer have to deal with the cable clutter from traditional desktop setups. The result is a clean gaming and working environment that’s just as easy to maintain.
“The complexities of a traditional multi-monitor setup are a thing of the past with Project Valerie,” says Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. “Equally important, the power of a desktop computer and graphics capabilities of three top-end monitors are included in the system. There is no shortcoming in the way of performance in the face of its amazing portability and features.”
Project Valerie adds to the professional capabilities of the new 17-inch Razer Blade Pro. The system was conceived with enthusiasts and power users in mind who want multitasking capabilities and desktop performance on the go. Packed with more screens than previously possible in a notebook, Razer’s Project Valerie is capable of handling virtually any PC task, anytime, anywhere.

The proposed system retains the iconic Razer design, while at the same time accommodating triple-monitors. A unibody CNC aluminum chassis measures just 1.5-inches thick and weighs less than 12 pounds. An included compact AC adapter is much smaller than similarly powered systems, furthering complementing Project Valerie’s mobility.

Project Valerie retains the remarkable thermal management system for which Razer’s line of laptops is known. A custom-designed fan and dynamic heat exchangers pair with a vapor chamber to maximize heat dissipation.

Project Valerie is the second Razer notebook to utilize Razer’s Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches. Each switch features a true actuation and reset point. Key presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard, trackpad, extended monitors are also Powered by Razer Chroma™, which unlocks a virtually endless array of dazzling lighting effects that can be customized by the user or synced to in-game events.

Similar to Razer’s newest systems, Project Valerie equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 exceeds the minimum hardware requirements of HTC Vive™ and Oculus Rift, making it one of the most immersive, mobile VR-ready devices for enthusiasts and developers.

“Multi-monitor desktop set-ups are becoming more necessary for professionals, creators, and gamers,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “For the first time, we’ve engineered a solution that users can take with them. Project Valerie promises all of the functionality of three screens and none of the hassle.”

The triple monitor, 17-inch Project Valerie complements Razer’s award-winning systems lineup. The 14-inch Razer Blade sets the benchmark for mobile gaming, while the 12.5-inch Razer Blade Stealth, with a starting MSRP of $899, earned official “Best PC” and “People’s Choice” honors at last year’s CES.

Razer won official “Best of CES” awards with other systems innovations in the past, including the Razer Switchblade, Project Fiona and Project Christine concepts. The Razer Edge tablet won the CES “Best of Show” in 2013, besting a field of more than 20,000 electronic devices at the world’s most prestigious tech tradeshow.

For more information on the Project Valerie, and to register for announcements, visit razerzone.com/projectvalerie.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
dirtbag
El Matador

This looks perhaps the slightest bit gimmicky
dirtbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

They invented t hese things called Desktop PC's.....
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Razer Project Someone Walked By and Broke My Expensive Laptop and Extended Screen Accidentally Now I Gots To Stabs A Motherfucker.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:49 PM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

In a few years, Nintendo will release a console based on the design.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
screwyluie
Evil Dead

It's prototype not production. They're looking for feedback and interest levels.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:00 PM   #8
Wolfe
Soul Reaper

Quote:
It's prototype not production. They're looking for feedback and interest levels.
Laptops are for typing a document or tinkering with a spreadsheet whilst on the go... they are not gaming machines. Their design inherently prohibits running as a performance platform. When will these asshat companies get it into their skulls?

That cover feedback and interest for you?
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #9
screwyluie
Evil Dead

Just because you don't use them to game doesn't mean others don't. They've been making gaming laptops for years, clearly there's a market.
And you don't type documents on a GTX 1080 12k setup....
Old 01-06-2017, 01:53 AM   #10
Azrael
Evil Dead

I WANT IT!!!!! Mind you i've been sitting here holding out on a razor core waiting for it to be sold locally and Razer just dosnt seem interested in bringing it to the Aus market
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #11
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
Just because you don't use them to game doesn't mean others don't. They've been making gaming laptops for years, clearly there's a market.
And you don't type documents on a GTX 1080 12k setup....
Kind of the point. You also don't game on a laptop...

The planet is full of clumps and tubes. That's the market for this shit.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:01 AM   #12
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Laptops are for typing a document or tinkering with a spreadsheet whilst on the go... they are not gaming machines. Their design inherently prohibits running as a performance platform.
Okay. I'd like you to do something for me please... Venture off to read a review of an MSI GT62vr then, once done, come back here.

To fill you in, without venturing forward, that machine and others like it offers a nearly silent laptop along with an nVidia 1060/1070. Now, sure, older machines, which also includes the 980m, didn't really offer amazing 1080p gaming so people dropped to 1366x768. The 1060 REALLY offers 1080p gaming.

Due to the 1060 I can finally say that laptops are perfectly fine gaming machines. The final hurdle is, of course, battery life.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:47 AM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

For gamers on the road a lot a gaming laptop is pretty indispensable. There's nothing ridiculous at all about that, because it's far less limiting than, say, not having access to your PC games at all while away from home. I'm away from home a solid five to seven weeks a year. I like to bring my Steam library with me. Can I run everything maxed out on my ASUS laptop (a very nice beast)? Naturally, no...but then, I'm also not going to 'walk' to work out of offense at not having a Mercedes available to drive, lol; I'll happily settle for a Honda Accord or similarly capable approach.

This particular product looks silly to me (the hinges...they will break, lol), but then again, so does this beautifully ridiculous thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
Kind of the point. You also don't game on a laptop...

The planet is full of clumps and tubes. That's the market for this shit.
There's a pretty large market for gaming laptops; Razer has been tapping into it for a few years, now. For a variety of reasons, not everyone has the luxury of being able to have and/or use a gaming desktop. Razer is there to provide these folks with the sort of hardware and performance they want in a more portable design.

Owning a gaming laptop doesn't make 'em an idiot.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
Wolfe
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Okay. I'd like you to do something for me please... Venture off to read a review of an MSI GT62vr then, once done, come back here.
Holy fucking christ.. how much money? £1,900 for a portable? And for that you get an underclocked i7 which core wise is overkill for gaming, a teensy 15.6" screen, 16GB RAM, 1 x 1TB hd & 1 x 256GB ssd, and a 1070 which will flatten your battery in about 45 mins of full on usage. Heh.. the last time I used a 15" screen to game on my my ancient CRT screen back in 1996...

For such stupid money, I can get myself a 4GHz i5, with 64GB Ram, 1 x 256GB ssd & 2 x 2TB sshd, nice silent Corsair obsidian case, mechanical keyboard, decent mouse, 1070 gtx again and a lovely 34" 4K 100Hz screen... and have a load of cash (i.e. £500) left over to splurge on a bunch of games.

Anything more than £350 for what is basically disposable one-piece tech is ludicrous.

Now tell me what sort of consumer is going to spend that much money on a laptop, which is hardware locked and basically a throw away. No ability to upgrade over time and should a component break outside of warranty, good luck. These 'gaming' laptops are only viable for those with massive amounts of expendable cash and not something for a normal user to afford. I have a large selection of friends who all game on high spec PCs which are made affordable by the incremental upgrade process that their modular design allows - none of us are in anything more than a low income job but we can all enjoy 1080p+ gaming at max detail in the region of 100+ fps at a sensible outlay.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #16
screwyluie
Evil Dead

I'm sorry to say this Wolfe, but you're an idiot. Your version of the world does not and will never apply to everyone. We're all different with different needs.

For instance, please tell me how you're going to that pc you just specced on your lap? or on a plane... 6 hour hold over in the next airport, take it to school? There's so many use cases for a gaming laptop you'd have to be a complete knob to not see it.

Last edited by screwyluie; 01-07-2017 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: phone typing is hard
Old 01-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #17
Vulture
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Holy fucking christ.. how much money? £1,900 for a portable? And for that you get an underclocked i7 which core wise is overkill for gaming, a teensy 15.6" screen, 16GB RAM, 1 x 1TB hd & 1 x 256GB ssd, and a 1070 which will flatten your battery in about 45 mins of full on usage. Heh.. the last time I used a 15" screen to game on my my ancient CRT screen back in 1996...

For such stupid money, I can get myself a 4GHz i5, with 64GB Ram, 1 x 256GB ssd & 2 x 2TB sshd, nice silent Corsair obsidian case, mechanical keyboard, decent mouse, 1070 gtx again and a lovely 34" 4K 100Hz screen... and have a load of cash (i.e. £500) left over to splurge on a bunch of games.

Anything more than £350 for what is basically disposable one-piece tech is ludicrous.

Now tell me what sort of consumer is going to spend that much money on a laptop, which is hardware locked and basically a throw away. No ability to upgrade over time and should a component break outside of warranty, good luck. These 'gaming' laptops are only viable for those with massive amounts of expendable cash and not something for a normal user to afford. I have a large selection of friends who all game on high spec PCs which are made affordable by the incremental upgrade process that their modular design allows - none of us are in anything more than a low income job but we can all enjoy 1080p+ gaming at max detail in the region of 100+ fps at a sensible outlay.
people will pay, remember Tadpole
They come with on-board Weitek P9000 graphics accelerator; IBM Corp Thinkpad keyboard with an integrated Pointing Stick and internal 12V Nickel Metal Hydride or external 12V Nickel Cadmium battery pack; the Sparcbook 3 costs $10,95
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #18
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
For instance, please tell me how you're going to that pc you just specced on your lap? or on a plane... 6 hour hold over in the next airport, take it to school? There's so many use cases for a gaming laptop you'd have a be a complete knob to not see it.
And you're going to get this monstrosity on a plane or on your lap and take it to school without it immediately being stolen and yourself mugged on the daily and beaten and ridiculed?
Old 01-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #19
screwyluie
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaara View Post
And you're going to get this monstrosity on a plane or on your lap and take it to school without it immediately being stolen and yourself mugged on the daily and beaten and ridiculed?
this one single non production example does not equate to gaming laptops being pointless and you know it.

and being ridiculed? really? do we still live in an age where gamers fear ridicule for exposing their hobby in public? grow up, grow a pair, be proud of who you are and stop being douche bags to people who are different than you... for fuck sakes people.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 PM   #20
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

I'm talking about this. I've been talking about this all along. If you get that out on a plane you'll start a fight. If you take that to school it's getting stolen. You're getting beat up for being rich as and ridiculed for being a flash git.

Gaming laptops were entirely stupid (until the mobile pascal stuff came out) and targeted at rubes and chumps who want lights all over their laptop.

I am currently studying Comp Sci. So I know lots of people with gaming laptops. Do you know how many use them for gaming? None. Because they all have desktops. Do you know how many use them to go on facebook and weeaboo or whatever it is, or run Visual Studio? All of them.

There's no reasonable scenario where a gaming laptop is the best option.

You need a desk to use one properly. So you can put a desktop there instead.

No one is gaming on their laps, not seriously. If they are they're a chump and a rube.

If flying on a plane is your excuse, well, how often exactly do you fly on a plane to necessitate a gaming laptop to spare you the boredom (thee's other stuff you can do on planes btw)?

You can either spend way less on a desktop and get the same performance or spend the same and get way more.

If you're serious enough about PC gaming to feel the need to own a gaming laptop and insist you're not a chump or a rube then you're a filthy casual. But worse than that, a bigtalk casual.

That Project Valerie is stupid. It serves no practical function, but as has been stated, chumps and rubes will buy it if they make it.

Like seriously man. Unless you're living in one of those Japanese tubehouses or a business mogul perpetually in business class they're pointless.

Ain't saying don't own a good laptop, I do. But gaming laptops are stupid.

Tags
pc master race, razer