Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 04:42 AM
6 Replies, 423 Views

Old 02-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
1-99 Tetris. Battle Royale Tetris...Its so much fun, and its free.

If this doesn't excite you....Fuck you, ok. Your making shit up.

Yeah ive been down on the Switch lately. This drug me back in. Yoshi is going to be fun, i never finished LA so that will be cool. Mario Maker 2 looks really good.
Tetris Blackcz really? What is this 1989? I get that you dig retro gaming but the shit you guys get oh so excited for on the Switch just honestly makes me chuckle and eyeroll. Like you're having to convince yourself you didn't waste money on yet another underwhelming Nintendo product.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #22
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Again to each their own.
I guess this doesn’t count in this thread.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I guess this doesn’t count in this thread.
It actually does believe it or not, Personally I just don't get it. Perhaps if people would stp making excuses for the shit Nintendo does, they'd be forced to move forward rather than be stuck in the past.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #24
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

How good was the direct?

This good:

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #25
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
How good was the direct?
I... don't know. I'm not a Nintendo hater, but... there were very few new properties there. Most of those were minor sequels or ports, including ports of old games. I stopped getting excited about ports of old games after the 25th time they did it.

Remastering a game from 1990s that you can't play any more? Good.

Remastering a game from only 6 years ago that still runs perfectly fine? Cash grab.

I have a switch and I got Diablo III on it. Even though it's portable (the main selling point), it's horrible with a controller after playing it with mouse/keyboard. That's basically my experience with the Switch in a nutshell. Sounds great on paper, sucks in practice.

And the Mario games just do not do it for me. If you like the Mario games, don't stop playing them because eventually you will see them as childish. Take me for instance. I used to be able to play with with my Star Wars action figures all day long when I was younger. Now, 2-3 hours tops and I'm bored.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 AM   #26
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
You may as well have just posted "I like paying full price for inferior ports cuz mobile." would have saved time. Nintendo zealots and their excuses hilarious.This thread has been comedy gold. Oh and you may wanna wipe the bit of Miyamoto off your chin Pat.
As usual you spew out bile and venom but no real substance. Portability is a value proposition for LOTS of people. Portability doesn't just mean taking it on the bus it also means the ability to sit with your family in the living room and play a game while they watch TV. You may not do this but it is utterly foolish to claim that this is not something people want and enjoy.

Also the products are not inferior, this is your heavily biased opinion on a product you clearly want to hate despite never actually using. I bought Dead Cells last summer on Switch, played a good 40 hours on it on the TV over the course of a couple of weeks and then took my kid on holiday. He was in bed by 9:00pm and I had to stay with him so i would fire up the switch and play dead cells some more in the hotel room while drinking some wine, I loved it! The PC & PS4 versions cannot offer me that, please explain how this is an 'inferior product'...

Also your frequent claim that people are zealots is just stupid, it also mirrors your pathetic habit of calling someone a 'progressive' the second they say something you don't like. I play PS4 more than my Switch. I've been a gamer for 35 years and owned almost every console ever made. I'm open minded and just enjoy games regardless of platform. Put simply you are almost always wrong...and stupid. Oh and please don't forget - EVERYONE HATES YOU HERE.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:00 AM   #27
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
How good was the direct?

This good:
Member of the Nintendo offensive front.

Just now buying a switch. Wtf?
Old 02-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #28
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Member of the Nintendo offensive front.

Just now buying a switch. Wtf?
Hey, I'm cautious! I love Nintendo IP but I'm still not buying their consoles unless I can justify it. I'm a fanboy, but not a blind one.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 02-15-2019, 04:24 AM   #29
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I... don't know. I'm not a Nintendo hater, but... there were very few new properties there. Most of those were minor sequels or ports, including ports of old games. I stopped getting excited about ports of old games after the 25th time they did it.

Remastering a game from 1990s that you can't play any more? Good.

Remastering a game from only 6 years ago that still runs perfectly fine? Cash grab.

I have a switch and I got Diablo III on it. Even though it's portable (the main selling point), it's horrible with a controller after playing it with mouse/keyboard. That's basically my experience with the Switch in a nutshell. Sounds great on paper, sucks in practice.

And the Mario games just do not do it for me. If you like the Mario games, don't stop playing them because eventually you will see them as childish. Take me for instance. I used to be able to play with with my Star Wars action figures all day long when I was younger. Now, 2-3 hours tops and I'm bored.
You didn't see the new platinum games IP? A new fire emblem game is coming as well. Daemon x machina too. There's plenty of new material on the switch imo. Doubly so if you skipped the Wiiu. A mainline animal crossing game is coming, along with bayonetta 3 and eventually Metroid Prime 4. Those are just some of the things we know about. I have a pretty large steam library - I'd trade most of it in for Nintendo's library.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #30
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post

Also your frequent claim that people are zealots is just stupid, it also mirrors your pathetic habit of calling someone a 'progressive' the second they say something you don't like. I play PS4 more than my Switch. I've been a gamer for 35 years and owned almost every console ever made. I'm open minded and just enjoy games regardless of platform. Put simply you are almost always wrong...and stupid. Oh and please don't forget - EVERYONE HATES YOU HERE.
Yah I don't know how anyone could call us zealots. I'm critical as hell on Nintendo's missteps, i play PC games more than anything, and even as a big fan of Nintendo IP on the whole, I don't rush out blindly and buy their consoles. I literally just bought the switch today for $%& sakes!

Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 AM   #31
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
I literally just bought the switch today for $%& sakes!
What in the flying fuck?

This whole time you have been defending games you aren't even actively playing? Why buy a Switch now when there is talk of a revamp. You waited this long, might as well wait to get the new one most likely dropping late this year. Nothing great coming out anyhow.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:46 AM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
What in the flying fuck?

This whole time you have been defending games you aren't even actively playing? Why buy a Switch now when there is talk of a revamp. You waited this long, might as well wait to get the new one most likely dropping late this year. Nothing great coming out anyhow.

I've played them. I borrowed a Switch from a friend/coworker for quite a long time. I've beat Botw and odyssey and played a bunch more. But I owned a wiiu so I needed more than wiiu remasters to buy the console.

The revamp talks are pure rumor at this point. I know it's going to happen eventually but there are switch games I want to play now and this summer. Too many good games dropping in the summer to miss. When the revamp comes, I'll trade in my version of sell it to fund a good chunk of the cost of the revamped model.

I've played the switch to death. But I generally think long and hard (that's what she said) before investing in a console platform

Old 02-15-2019, 06:05 AM   #33
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
How good was the direct?

This good:
Grey Joy Con's? Fail.

Get Diablo 3, it's awesome.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #34
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Grey Joy Con's? Fail.

Get Diablo 3, it's awesome.
I'd gladly trade somebody, I regret getting the Switch with the Blue/Red joycons. When I take it to work it looks like a toy instead of a piece of tech, which it is.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #35
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I always kind of regretted getting the black GameCube back in the day. But I wanted it to look like tech and not a toy (it's both really.) I kept that in mind when I got the Switch and went with the red and blue. I think it would look better if they were both red or both blue though. I like the greenish yellow ones too. I wish they would do a spice version of the joycons.

I think the orange cons would look great with the black Switch.

Edit: Someone already did a custom one and I like it.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I always kind of regretted getting the black GameCube back in the day. But I wanted it to look like tech and not a toy (it's both really.) I kept that in mind when I got the Switch and went with the red and blue. I think it would look better if they were both red or both blue though. I like the greenish yellow ones too. I wish they would do a spice version of the joycons.

I think the orange cons would look great with the black Switch.

Edit: Someone already did a custom one and I like it.
Yah that's pretty dope. ESpecially paired with the black color.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
blah blah how dare you not like what I do
I have a phone and tablet, my wife has a phone and tablet, take your "oh but it's portable" whine and shove it. That isn't a feature I'd even give half a shit about. Compared to the PS4 and xbone its underpowered for the price of it. If one doesn't care for Nintendo IP and doesn't want lesser ports of 3rd party games at the same price there is zero reason to want the piece of shit. Deal with it.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #38
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
I have a phone and tablet, my wife has a phone and tablet, take your "oh but it's portable" whine and shove it. That isn't a feature I'd even give half a shit about. Compared to the PS4 and xbone its underpowered for the price of it. If one doesn't care for Nintendo IP and doesn't want lesser ports of 3rd party games at the same price there is zero reason to want the piece of shit. Deal with it.
*watching spec compare mobile gaming to playing a portable version of Diablo 3, DOOM, and others*

LOL

You should go play games with Terran. He loves mobile games. Little candy crush. You got all you need!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #39
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Deal with it.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #40
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
You should go play games with Terran.
LOL. Spent the evening with my family and then played a bunch of Path of Exile. That's a PC game, big boy! Man, 3.5 really mixed things up, and ALL in a good way. So sad they sold out to Tencent. Still, great game. LOVE IT.

So Patrick, why don't you let your testicles descend and kick yourself in the nuts for dragging me into your little bitchfest about Nintendo critics, eh? I'm not interested in your little circle jerk of stupidz, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo direct