Last post by LostToys
07-15-2019 07:15 PM
45 Replies, 2,022 Views

Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Neil Gaiman's Sandman Is Becoming an Expensive Netflix Series

Quote:
A TV series based on the “The Sandman” comic books created by Neil Gaiman has officially been ordered to series at Netflix.

Allan Heinberg will write and serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, with Gaiman and David S. Goyer also writing and executive producing. Gaiman, Heinberg and Goyer will co-write the first episode. Warner Bros. Television will produce, with the series receiving a 10-episode commitment.

“We’re thrilled to partner with the brilliant team that is Neil Gaiman, David S. Goyer and Allan Heinberg to finally bring Neil’s iconic comic book series, ‘The Sandman,’ to life onscreen,” said Channing Dungey, vice president of original series at Netflix. “From its rich characters and storylines to its intricately built-out worlds, we’re excited to create an epic original series that dives deep into this multi-layered universe beloved by fans around the world.”

“The Sandman” follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic–and human–mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.

This marks the latest in a growing number of Gaiman’s works to be adapted for television. Starz recently ordered a third season of “American Gods,” while Amazon debuted the series adaptation of “Good Omens” last month. Meanwhile, “Lucifer” was revived by Netflix for a fourth season after Fox canceled it, though it was announced that the show’s upcoming fifth season will be its last.
Variety.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

#GetWokeGoBroke

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:54 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Not sure Netflix is all that Woke.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:18 AM   #4
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

I haven't read any Gaiman comics/books (I have a copy of American Gods that i haven't read yet).

Any comments on Sandman?, Is it any good?
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
#GetWokeGoBroke
You're not tired of posting like this yet?
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It's funny that those who cry the loudest about trolling, troll worse than anyone else.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
It's funny that those who cry the loudest about trolling, troll worse than anyone else.
Haha, yah i think im over it. It amused me probably far longer than it should have. But cmon. On the Alan Wake thread?

#GetWakeGoBrake

It made me chuckle to myself.

Okay, okay. I'm over it.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
I haven't read any Gaiman comics/books (I have a copy of American Gods that i haven't read yet).

Sooooo...

No one?
Old 07-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Sooooo...

No one?
I haven't read it yet, but I do plan to. I had a coworker a few years ago who read through it all (there is a lot) and she really got into it. I looks really good, may have to move it up on my reading list so I read it before the show.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #10
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
I haven't read it yet, but I do plan to. I had a coworker a few years ago who read through it all (there is a lot) and she really got into it. I looks really good, may have to move it up on my reading list so I read it before the show.
Thanks mate!
Old 07-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

It was fantastic back in the 90's when it came out, but I haven't looked at it in decades so I don't know how it has aged. There was some great storyline stuff in there about Lucifer quitting being the Devil and closing up Hell.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #12
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
It was fantastic back in the 90's when it came out, but I haven't looked at it in decades so I don't know how it has aged. There was some great storyline stuff in there about Lucifer quitting being the Devil and closing up Hell.
I won't go all spoiler here but to piggyback on EA it was a really interesting series that for it's time was really ahead but in a time with books and shows like Preacher which I still feel kind of borrows from Sandman, Sandman won't seem as shocking as it did back them.

It deals with topics about humanity, depravity, self reflection, someone bored with their cosmic job, and really at times realizing that he too is just a cog with a role in the grander scheme.

I could go back and read it and probably not be bored, which is coming from a guy who is easily bored on 2nd visits, but Gaimen has a way of writing that makes him worth a 2nd read to pick out those little details you missed because you didn't know to look on 1st go.

If you like Preacher you would like Sandman. If not I would say you wouldn't like Sandman. Eithr8way give it a read it can be dark and grisly but self reflective and inspiring for self reflection at the same time.

Edit: To add, I find Gaimen hit (American Gods) or miss (Anansi Boys), I think he uses the same theme a lot (divinity and humanities triviality), and he is at his best paired with other authors (Good Omens).

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.

Last edited by Grumsh; 07-06-2019 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Additional point
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandman