Detroit: Become Human...
Last post by Terran
Today 01:56 PM
12 Replies, 886 Views

Old 01-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Horizontal TV stand

Has anyone seen or heard of a rolling TV stand that allows the TV to tilt 90 degrees so that the viewing surface is horizontal, with the screen around 30" from the floor? Essentially I want to use a TV like a map table. But I want to be able to tilt the display to vertical and roll it away to storage.

Background:
In the last two years I've gotten back into playing D&D and I run a couple games. One for my kids(20 something's) and their friends and one for some friends of mine. I've started using Fantasy Grounds to automate a lot of the DM tasks and display images and maps on a TV for the players miniatures in combat. I have an old 47" TV with dead HDMI ports that I am using right now. Connected to my laptop via VGA port. With it laying flat on a table it sits a little too high. And I don't want to drop a couple grand on the custom made wooden tables that people are making today. I also don't have all of the woodworking tools to do it myself.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I haven't heard of anything like that myself in the mainstream stand area. I'm pretty sure you're going to have to go to custom land however what I'd do is hit craigslist and hire a carpenter.

I wanted to create a custom litter box for my cats once and didn't have the tools or know-how so I hired a carpenter on craigslist. Between materials and labor it cost me ~$200 but it wasn't much more than an elaborate box with some drawers and folding ramps. Mostly what I needed was labor and tools.

I suspect if you had a basic design you could get a few bids from craigslist from some carpenters and get something custom for much cheaper.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Hagetaka
Evil Dead

I also have not seen anything, despite looking for a solution.

Our group ended up using MapTools, and just using laptops to connect together and control our tokens. Convenient, but sort of dissapointing after painting so many miniatures.
Hagetaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Another thought i had with a wooded table is that it would be made to fit one size tv. So I was thinking about trying to get a mount that will attach to one of the rolling carts and try something along those lines.

Right now I am using the tv by laying it flat on a folding table it works. I'm just trying to think of a better solution.