Last post by vallor
Today 01:29 PM
6 Replies, 398 Views

Old 12-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #41
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
I think I know where you got the mix-up regarding 2x vs 4x. They're saying 2x more GPU power as the X1X, and 4x more powerful CPU.

I can't wait to see what the PS5 will look like now. Yes, the look of the things are not a big deal to some, but it still gets me excited to see the form factor. I do really like the XSEX because it's different, and I always like going against the flow or being different. TBH the power and specs mean less to me than it did in 2013, they're both going to be able to play 4k 60 which should be the minimum now. As long as they do that I'll be happy. Looking forward to the new graphics that these systems will usher in.
Let's hope that the real PS5 doesn't have that crazy V design of the debug units.

Design doesn't matter much unless you can stack them. With the Xbox One X, you can't even put games on top of it or put anything behind it because the thing is a little furnace. It almost melted my cable modem which was about a foot behind it.

I don't know if I would stack anything on top of my PS5, it gets warm, but no where near as hot as the X1. It would be nice to be able to stack the machines though, I'm running out of space.

But, the XboxSeX is still one ugly little machine with the disc slot in an odd place. Right at the bottom when it's standing up?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #42
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
That thing is dead ugly. And why is the disc slot at the bottom??? They might as well have just called it the Xbox Third Place and at least been accurate about it.
Well shit, i was gonna say its about time someone did something different. Its just kind of a box, at least its upright.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:53 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
You got me. It's shaped like something they want you to put on your desk and hook up to a monitor, but that just isn't how people play console games. I think because the are rolling out all their exclusives on the PC at the same time some idiot in marketing sold them on the idea of making it a "tower" like a PC.

Like somehow that was going to woo over PC gamers? If I was a PC gamer, I wouldn't need this thing in the first place, my PC would be more powerful and now they both play the same games.

And the name... Xbox Series X? WTF does that mean? Is there going to be a Series Y or a Series A or Series B?

One thing I have to give it to Sony with just sticking with the PlayStation and a number. Make it easy to understand. The 5 is newer than the 4. The 4 is newer than the 3. It's simple.

There are so many different SKU's for the Xbox at this point, I don't know if consumers would even understand that this is an upgrade over the XboneX.
I don't have a dog in this race but the PS5 is ugly as fuck as well.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #44
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that this is the end of the Xbox brand. How much longer are they going to continue throwing away money and getting nothing in return except B quality Halo & Gears of War games?
You are such a troll.... totally forgetting all the studios they just acquired.... Obsidian, InXile, and a CRAPLOAD of other awesome devs.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:24 PM   #45
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
It's worse. They are releasing the Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and an as-yet-untitled Xbox Series X with no hard drive.
NO DISC drive, not no hard drive. And that one wouldn't also be called Series X, hence the word "Series" which implies more than one. Go home, you're drunk!
Old 12-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #46
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

For the amount of time you've been covering this industry Evil, you sure do talk out of your ass when you have biases.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #47
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I can't believe you guys let Evil troll you the way he does
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #48
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
If coming off as extremely ignorant of the very industry he's dedicated all this effort to this many years is trolling, Evil's not very good at it imo.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #49
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Ahem...

You guys know Xbox Gamepass and PlayAnywhere is the key here, right?

With that you'll be able to play your games on Xbox and PC, without paying for it twice.

I'm pretty sure that's kind of a big deal.

Gaming PC's in some form or another are really popular, and it's not uncommon for both to be in a household now.

I'm actually excited about this new Xbox.

The ability to play my games with cross save is a big fricking deal.

I expect them to tie in this service to the SeXbox very strongly.

And really, do we need the fastest or bestest console out there to play 99% of the game released? Nope.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #50
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Let's hope that the real PS5 doesn't have that crazy V design of the debug units.
When was the last time a production model console actually looked like the dev kits? With a handful of exceptions, the final consoles rarely look much like the dev kits at all...and for good reason. The units used by developers are entirely function over form, in virtually every single case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Given his history, I'm not always convinced he's just trolling.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #51
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

No one else on Alan Watts voice over? No one? Figures.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #52
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

Quote:
You guys know Xbox Gamepass and PlayAnywhere is the key here, right?
So I was interested in seeing how much better Forza could run on my PC vs my Bone so I downloaded one of the demos to try it out, a mere ten DAYS later I was able to get the game to load. It turns out you need to have your computer patched in a certain fashion along with running multiple other apps,, none of which are documented *anywhere*.

Straight up, UPlay humiliates Microsoft's PC gaming functionality which is abhorrent compared to Origin which is so bad I've bought games on the PS4 I already owned on PC just to get out of using that garbage.

Microsoft doesn't have the slightest hint of a clue what to do in the gaming space on the PC.

Your game requires you to have an account through an external application, that you make, running a certain build of the OS, that you make, and your documentation, knowledgebase and even your support personnel aren't able to identify this?

Cross platform GamePass play, as it works today, is dreaming of the day it'll look like a train wrecked abortion
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #53
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
So I was interested in seeing how much better Forza could run on my PC vs my Bone so I downloaded one of the demos to try it out, a mere ten DAYS later I was able to get the game to load. It turns out you need to have your computer patched in a certain fashion along with running multiple other apps,, none of which are documented *anywhere*.

Straight up, UPlay humiliates Microsoft's PC gaming functionality which is abhorrent compared to Origin which is so bad I've bought games on the PS4 I already owned on PC just to get out of using that garbage.

Microsoft doesn't have the slightest hint of a clue what to do in the gaming space on the PC.

Your game requires you to have an account through an external application, that you make, running a certain build of the OS, that you make, and your documentation, knowledgebase and even your support personnel aren't able to identify this?

Cross platform GamePass play, as it works today, is dreaming of the day it'll look like a train wrecked abortion
*Wonders really hard what this guy is even talking about*

I have gamepass. I downloaded... Forza Horizon 4 on the Microsoft store. That's all I needed. There are no apps that run, and the game runs like a dream on my Rx 5700 XT and looks largely better than the Xbox Counterpart? I play it nearly every day and have 522 cars.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:23 AM   #54
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post

I have gamepass. I downloaded... Forza Horizon 4 on the Microsoft store. That's all I needed. There are no apps that run, and the game runs like a dream on my Rx 5700 XT and looks largely better than the Xbox Counterpart? I play it nearly every day and have 522 cars.
You said it for me. I don't know what he's is talking about. If you can use Steam...or Uplay...using the Xbox app is just as easy, if not easier. I would be more than happy to talk about the problems I've had, if there were any. But I just click on a game, download it, and play it. It's too easy.

Hey BenSkywalker, if you are stuck on anything give a shout, maybe we can help. Are you using a legit copy of Windows? That's the only thing that I can quickly think of that might mess things up. I know people that refuse to pay for Windows and the cracked copies they get always cause problems here or there.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #55
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
But I just click on a game, download it, and play it. It's too easy.
Yup, that's all there is to it.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #56
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yup, that's all there is to it.
Likely using a cracked version of Windows or one of those Linux douchecanoes.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #57
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Likely using a cracked version of Windows or one of those Linux douchecanoes.
Has to be, because there's literally no barrier between myself and the game. I click the game's icon on my taskbar, it loads. Downloading it was just through the windows store. There's no other app, there's no shit in the way. It's easy as fuck.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #58
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:

I had a similar experience to Ben for games that weren't 1st party.

Sea of Thieves, for example, let me start downloading for PC right away.

1) Xbox Game Pass for PC beta
-> Install Windows 10 update and it was apparently a big one
(I have automatic updates turned on so I am not sure what I am missing) long enough for me to get a ton of points on the Steam Store Winter Quests

-> ANOTHER Update, (20+ minutes to get to 75%)

So far I'm about an hour and forty-five minutes into trying to get access to The Outer Worlds with my Ultimate Game Pass.

I just got this new Alienware PC w/Windows a few months ago so there's no question about the legitimacy of my OS.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:22 PM   #59
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

UPDATE: After installing two required updates to make the Xbox Game Pass for PC beta client work I’ve now been staring at the blue Windows Start screen “Working on Updates” for over 5 minutes.

My machine is a i7-9900 w/32 GB ram running on an NVMe M.2 drive (3400 speed rating).

In the time since I’ve start writing this post it has gone from 21 to 22% so that means I could be looking at this screen for another 20 minutes (though MS has never been good at estimating these things, it could jump from 25% to 100% in an instant).
Old 12-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #60
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Final Update:

After 3 reboots and about 2 hours I finally have the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass for PC (Beta) app installed.

In the time between the last update and now I watched 1x Tucker Carlson and 2x Honest Trailers (Galaxy Quest and Aquaman).

After Starting the client and going to install The Outer Worlds, the client crashed...

Tags
xbox series x