Ubisoft’s giving away...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 03:40 PM
67 Replies, 2,035 Views

Old 04-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Say the Name! Shazam! tops the Box Office for 2nd Week

Shazam! topped the box office for the second weekend in a row, while the Hellboy reboot bombed with a $12 Million opening weekend.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of April 12th to April 14th, 2019.
  1. Shazam! $25.1/$94.9
  2. Little $15.4/$15.4
  3. Hellboy $12.0/$12.0
  4. Pet Sematary $10.0/$41.1
  5. Dumbo $9.1/$89.9
  6. Captain Marvel $8.6/$386.5
  7. Us $6.9/$163.4
  8. After $6.2/$6.2
  9. Missing Link $5.8/$5.8
  10. The Best of Enemies $2.0/$8.1
  11. Unplanned $1.8/$15.8
  12. Five Feet Apart $1.5/$43.9
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

I went and saw Hellboy last night. It was...alright? I really like director Neil Marshall, and the Hellboy costume looks great. David Harbour as Hellboy was good, no complaints there.

The story was just "meh." There were a couple good action scenes. The ending felt weird, like it was rushed, like someone said "Okay, the budget is gone, wrap it up!" and the director was like "uh, okay then."

I don't know, not the worst thing ever. I liked it better than I did Pet Sematary. I'd give it about a 5.5/10. Just barely on the positive side of the scale.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:10 AM   #3
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Hellboy Review

Many, many years ago, a film arrived (2004) that was quite crazy. It featured excellent creature design, a creepy nature and it did okay. It wasn't for everyone.

Then, around 2008, the second film hit with an extended budget, a great cast and quite a good story. Heck… Luke Goss was the bad guy and boy could he fight/act. Again, the creature design and creepy nature wasn't for the mass market.

Del Toro has a certain flair for these films and they look stunning. The subject matter simply wasn't for everyone.

Fast forward to 2019 and the new Hellboy arrives.

The first Hellboy could be conferred as being the first time you meet a quirky, interesting, presentable female/male. You’re interested, get on quite well, but the quirky nature needs time to settle. The second film is the very first date. The best face forward, the smiles, both eloquently dressed and set to impress. All so very, very good.

The new Hellboy is similar to arriving, to a restaurant, to see that the person waiting is wearing a stained, baggy T-shirt, as well as ruffled hair. They’re confused and are wondering why you've dressed the way you have.

The new Hellboy, when compared to the previous two, is a very large disappointment. I just don’t know why they even bothered. The effects are okay, sometimes good, sometimes terrible, with a story that could have been written on the back of a Fiat 500. Stop laughing. The fake British accents really, REALLY annoy me.

The new Hellboy, when not compared to the previous two, is a rental at best. When bored. Or when cleaning the cooker is the only other task for the night.

Positives:
-I had snacks.
-At least they tried.

Negatives:
-No Brie Larson. (Oh god don't mention that name!)
-They tried but the boots were far too big.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:01 AM   #4
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

Hellboy was awful. Not all of it was bad, but the editing, pacing, and tone were some of the worst qualities I have seen in a contemporary film.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
Grumsh
Evil Dead

Didn't we create a multi page thread here on EA many months ago predicting Hellboy would suck?

We might be cynical, but for good reason!

1:When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong.
Grumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:01 AM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1814 View Post
Hellboy Review

Many, many years ago, a film arrived (2004) that was quite crazy. It featured excellent creature design, a creepy nature and it did okay. It wasn't for everyone.

Then, around 2008, the second film hit with an extended budget, a great cast and quite a good story. Heck… Luke Goss was the bad guy and boy could he fight/act. Again, the creature design and creepy nature wasn't for the mass market.

Del Toro has a certain flair for these films and they look stunning. The subject matter simply wasn't for everyone.

Fast forward to 2019 and the new Hellboy arrives.

The first Hellboy could be conferred as being the first time you meet a quirky, interesting, presentable female/male. You’re interested, get on quite well, but the quirky nature needs time to settle. The second film is the very first date. The best face forward, the smiles, both eloquently dressed and set to impress. All so very, very good.

The new Hellboy is similar to arriving, to a restaurant, to see that the person waiting is wearing a stained, baggy T-shirt, as well as ruffled hair. They’re confused and are wondering why you've dressed the way you have.

The new Hellboy, when compared to the previous two, is a very large disappointment. I just don’t know why they even bothered. The effects are okay, sometimes good, sometimes terrible, with a story that could have been written on the back of a Fiat 500. Stop laughing. The fake British accents really, REALLY annoy me.

The new Hellboy, when not compared to the previous two, is a rental at best. When bored. Or when cleaning the cooker is the only other task for the night.

Positives:
-I had snacks.
-At least they tried.

Negatives:
-No Brie Larson. (Oh god don't mention that name!)
-They tried but the boots were far too big.
No tits, no ass, (ass double lol) and a toxic 3rd wave feminist douchenozzle, what's not to love about Brie Larson?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Oh but the hair... she has marvellous hair!

Watched Split last night. Liked it a lot. Nice change from defending (trying to and failing) Brie
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Yeah sorry, there's really no defense for the toxicness that is progressive ideology at this point.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #9
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Every FUCKING time i see this.

I think it's a Kazaam sequel. Let down. again. Fuck this super hero bullshit.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart