Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 08:14 PM
29 Replies, 1,218 Views

Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Disney+ Unveils Exclusive Series, Movies, Launch Date & More

Quote:
During Disney’s investor presentation today, Disney+ unveiled their plans for the series, movies, classics and upcoming exclusives that will be available on the streaming service when it launches on November 12. A monthly subscription will cost $6.99 a month, with an annual subscription set at $69.99. You can check out some of the details revealed during the presentation below as well as photos of the presentation in the gallery!

When Disney+ launches, 7,500 episodes, 25 original series, 400 library movie titles, and 100 recent theatrical film releases will be available. The service will be ad-free, supported solely by subscription fees, and will be available on gaming consoles, smart TV’s, and connected streaming devices.

Disney+ will allow downloading, meaning all content from the service will be accessible offline. As part of the new system you’ll be able to create your dream Disney+ profile by building your own custom avatar with characters from the library, including customized settings and profiles.

Captain Marvel will be available on day one of the subscription streaming service’s launch, and so will Disney’s entire Signature Collection. The extensive Disney+ library, including Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland (2010) and much more will all be available the day the streaming service launches. To celebrate the upcoming Frozen 2, a first-of-its-kind documentary series called Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 will feature behind-the-scenes looks at the film. All Pixar films will be available on the first year of launch, with theatrical shorts, including the Oscar-winning Bao, watchable at launch. A new short called Lamp Life, featuring Toy Story’s Bo Peep, will also be available on Disney+.

The presentation included big news for Marvel fans, who can expect to see Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany reprising their roles as Wanda Maximoff and The Vision in the Disney+ series, WandaVision. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are also teaming up in the streamer’s The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, with Tom Hiddleston starring in a new series titled Loki.

Star Wars fans will be excited to know that all of the Star Wars movie will roll out on Disney+ within the first year of launch. Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk will be joining forces once again for a new show based on Cassian Andor for the streamer. Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian, the first ever live-action Star Wars series, will premiere on Disney+ at launch.

Noelle is a holiday comedy starring Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader that will premiere exclusively on Disney+ sometime after launch. Timmy Failure, based on the book series by the same name, will also be coming to the streamer from Academy Award-winning director Tom McCarthy. Stargirl, based on the best-selling book, will also be available. Togo, starring Willem Dafoe, tells the real-life tale of a man and his lead sled dog’s journey through the Alaskan tundra, will premiere in one year on Disney+. The live-action Lady and the Tramp will arrive on the streamer at launch.

Additionally, more than 250 hours of content from National Geographic will be available on the streamer at launch. Content will include Oscar winner Free Solo and The World According to Jeff Goldblum. Disney Channel content, including original movies, will stream on Disney+ at launch, including the new The Phineas and Ferb Movie and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. Previously announced unscripted series will also be available on the streamer.

Classic movies and television shows, from The Sound of Music to Malcolm In the Middle, will be available with 7,500 episodes and 500 years being added to Disney+ in year one. Disney+ will also serve as The Simpsons’ exclusive streaming home, starting at launch.
ComingSoon.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty cool. I'm sure I'll check it out. Did they even announce a launch date that I might have missed?

Edit: Nevermind, it launches 11/12/19. Just went to the Disney+ site and it says it right there.

Last edited by MechaDangerous; 04-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Found the answer myself. Yay me.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Skunk
Evil Dead

If it's Jon Favreau's show, I'll watch it with fully raised expectations.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

70 bucks a year. Cheaper than Netflix or Prime. Hopefully they will have Archer and other former Fox IPs on the service aswell.
I would rewatch some simpsons from like season 2 to about 9 or 10 before it became mostly Lisa on her soapbox.

Last edited by EL CABONG; 04-12-2019 at 06:32 AM..
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Good price. Better price is free which is about how much I'll be paying for any new Disney content post Endgame. I prefer my entertainment to entertain, not with an extra twist of forcefed wokeness.

I am interested to see how this messes with Netflix though. At one point people argued it was Netflix that needed the Disney IPs to push the service, then a few years ago the argument shifted to say any IP is better off launching on the strength of the Netflix brand, including the later Marvel shows.

Also, what idiot is naming these shows? WandaVision? The Falcon and The Winter Soldier? Loki? Good lord, the lack of creativity is a Marvel to behold.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #6
Azzy
Cthulian

This seems like a sharp launch for them.
Sadly, I give almost no shits about any of their IPs these days. I wish I did, I'd be all over this.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

4K HDR Dolby Atmos or BUST!!!!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
4K HDR Dolby Atmos or BUST!!!!
Doubt you're getting that for that price on a streaming service.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #9
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I'm really hoping they re-release Malcom in the Middle in HD for all seasons. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney+