Action RPG Persona 5...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 08:23 PM
1 Replies, 135 Views

Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Rage 2 - Everything vs. Me Trailer

Insane factions, lethal hazards, smug cliffs and so much more! The chaotic open world of RAGE 2 is out to get you, so youíll just have to get it first.Ē
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

That is an AMAZING trailer. I'm going to pick it up just off that, so I guess marketing works.

Wait, damn, uh. This is EvilAvatar, gotta politicize it. Everything vs. Me, a Privileged White Guy?

(lol, "Plot Armor / Player immortality" as coded white privilege)

Edit: double lol, they may have actually went this angle to capitalize on white / nerd rage, or at least baked it into the characterization to show how it manifests and its fallacies. Or it could just be a funny thing they did.

Last edited by MavenACTG; 04-12-2019 at 09:21 AM..
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Yeah that was a good trailer. It definitely has me considering picking it up... or at least putting it on the wish list.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
RAV
Reaper

Cool trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG
Wait, damn, uh. This is EvilAvatar, gotta politicize it. Everything vs. Me, a Privileged White Guy?

Edit: double lol, they may have actually went this angle to capitalize on white / nerd rage, or at least baked it into the characterization to show how it manifests and its fallacies. Or it could just be a funny thing they did.
May as well have been a stab at all the "Me Too" outrage or the actual burning street riots, and how the patriarchy/system is out to get you, or how all media is encoded with normative sexism.
And every form of this insanity and fallacy, you find a plenty on other gaming news sites, which will simply ban any opinion criticizing the sort of politics you like reading there.
I still remember a lot of game projects that have been slammed simply for what "could just be a funny thing they did" -- never saw you standing up for that though.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks awesome. These trailers make it look like the best looking console game ever. Remember when the PC was the king of graphics? HaHa. Not any more, Baby!
Old 04-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
That is an AMAZING trailer. I'm going to pick it up just off that, so I guess marketing works.

Kill yourself cuck.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looks awesome. These trailers make it look like the best looking console game ever. Remember when the PC was the king of graphics? HaHa. Not any more, Baby!
That may be the dumbest comment you've ever made.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:10 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
That may be the dumbest comment you've ever made.
HaHa. Just trying to see if you were paying attention. It is the best looking console game Iíve ever seen. Red Dead Redemption 2 was amazing, but when they slow things down and you really get a look at the art, Rage 2 is something.

I think it shows that console games still have a lot more to offer in terms of graphics. I think some people were saying that games have come about as far as they can and the envelopes will keep getting pushed with systems like the Xbox One X and the PS5. Titles developed exclusively for the PS5 (down the road about 4 years) will look fantastic.

That trailer was posted by Sony, but you know it was probably captured on some high-end PC.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
Antdude
Evil Dead

Whoever's guiding the ad campaign for this game is a fucking genius.
Antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
HaHa. Just trying to see if you were paying attention. It is the best looking console game Iíve ever seen. Red Dead Redemption 2 was amazing, but when they slow things down and you really get a look at the art, Rage 2 is something.

I think it shows that console games still have a lot more to offer in terms of graphics. I think some people were saying that games have come about as far as they can and the envelopes will keep getting pushed with systems like the Xbox One X and the PS5. Titles developed exclusively for the PS5 (down the road about 4 years) will look fantastic.

That trailer was posted by Sony, but you know it was probably captured on some high-end PC.
At what cost though? Because you're still not getting the kind of visuals a PC can do on mid to high end hardware at 60fps most of the time. Or the type of draw distance you can often get on the PC either. It's not like the old days, there is zero need to upgrade every couple years and still run all the bells and whistles.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
At what cost though? Because you're still not getting the kind of visuals a PC can do on mid to high end hardware at 60fps most of the time. Or the type of draw distance you can often get on the PC either. It's not like the old days, there is zero need to upgrade every couple years and still run all the bells and whistles.
The point I've been making for years about Console vs PC is that no one develops games exclusively for the PC any more, so what the PC COULD do doesn't much matter any more because there are no PC-only developers left. Certainly, there aren't any PC developers who are pushing out high-end graphics. There are lots of PC-only indie developers doing 8-bit games and games with middle-of-the-road graphics, but no one is out there just straining the hardware.

It only matters that console games are getting better, because that's where the developers are.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
The point I've been making for years about Console vs PC is that no one develops games exclusively for the PC any more, so what the PC COULD do doesn't much matter any more because there are no PC-only developers left. Certainly, there aren't any PC developers who are pushing out high-end graphics. There are lots of PC-only indie developers doing 8-bit games and games with middle-of-the-road graphics, but no one is out there just straining the hardware.

It only matters that console games are getting better, because that's where the developers are.
That might be true to a marginal degree, however with the scalability of engines, etc, I definitely don't entirely agree. There are a LOT of mainstream AAA games even, cross platform, that just look flat out look superior and play smoother on PC compared to their console counterparts. Sure there are occasional bad ports with stability issues on PC, but all in all PC will be the platform of choice for games that push graphics.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rage 2