Mortal Kombat 11's Final...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 08:14 PM
29 Replies, 1,218 Views

Old 04-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Star Wars Episode IX Teaser: The Rise of Skywalker

Every generation has a legend. Watch the brand-new teaser for Star Wars: Episode IX.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The problem here is that I just don't care about any of these characters. It again gives us MaRey Sue who is super powerful and basically unstoppable.

The fan service by making her a Skywalker and bringing back the Emperor is just trite beyond belief and it's full of the quick cuts and fast action that JJ Abrams is known for, and he is also known for his movies being shallow action flicks.

I don't have high hopes. I'm not sure I can even get my family to go see it after the last one. They just don't care about Star Wars any more.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I don't have high hopes. I'm not sure I can even get my family to go see it after the last one. They just don't care about Star Wars any more.
Same, same, and same here again. Really a shame. We went from Jar Jar to Mary Sue. Bad to worse, worse to bad...either way, just terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Looking forward to this as I do with every Star Wars film. I absolutely love the Kylo Ren character and think Adam Driver is great as him. Looks like we'll see some more Lando which is also awesome, and I can only wonder what that Emperor laugh is doing there again. Supposedly Ian McDiarmid was up on stage during this as well so I'm interested to see what they're doing with that.

Can't wait for Christmas!
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaDangerous View Post
Looking forward to this as I do with every Star Wars film. I absolutely love the Kylo Ren character and think Adam Driver is great as him. Looks like we'll see some more Lando which is also awesome, and I can only wonder what that Emperor laugh is doing there again. Supposedly Ian McDiarmid was up on stage during this as well so I'm interested to see what they're doing with that.

Can't wait for Christmas!
Abrams said today that the Emperor is alive.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh did he? That's very interesting! Thanks for letting me know!
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
He is. His name is Bob Iger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Please no Chickwalker.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:47 PM   #9
DingBat
Evil Dead

As far as I'm concerned, it's been all steeply downhill since The Empire Strikes Back. That last one of these I saw in a theater was RotJ.

I realize I'm out of step with the majority and I'm ok with that, but I just don't see the appeal of these movies.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #10
VideoMike101
Dread Lord

The Emperor is Darth Plagueis confirmed.
VideoMike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I have a feeling that even if this one is decent, it won’t matter. They’ve lost too many of the fans. It’s almost unfair at this point. The movie would have to be amazing for everyone to come around again.

And Evil is right. It’s just hard to care about the characters. My sons are in the prime Star Wars age range and the only Star Wars they care about is re-watching the Clone Wars series. To them, that is Star Wars. They never even mention the movies. The only one in the family who’s a fan of the new stuff is my wife.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:56 PM   #12
Cefca
Dread Lord

Screw Star Wars. It's been dead for years, there's no way I'm spending a second of my life watching this movie. I don't even care to see the trailer.

I also feel NOTHING for these characters... But that has happened to me since episode 1...
Cefca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #13
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

Doesn't bode well for this generation if their legend is a Mary Sue.

It didn't click it was Rey Skywalker until I came here. I was wondering ehich one it was referring to.

Leia is the mother. Gonna be fun to explain that one.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #14
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Unfortunately, it looks like generic shit. Hate to be "generic internet negative guy" but in this case it is true. The Emperor laughing at the end is bait for longtime fans. I mean, I'll watch it, I have AMC moviepass, I watch a lot of crap, like last weeks' Pet Semetary and from what I hear this weeks' Hellboy.

So I'll probably end up seeing it, and I assume it won't be as revolting as TLJ, but I don't have high hopes.

Calling it now: Rotten Tomatoes score of over 85% from the critic shills.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #15
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Me and the wife have been living in central Florida for a little over a year now, and around half of that time we have been annual pass-holders to Disney World and loving it. A few weeks ago a coworker asked me what my favorite Disney character was and I replied "Kylo Ren" without hesitation. I love his character in cannot wait to see more of him in the new movie. Day one for me.

No shame to be found here. Booting up Apex Legends whilst impatiently awaiting this movie.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:32 AM   #16
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Unless you like Rey as a character I didn't see much in this trailer to get excited about.

It is nice seeing Lando coming back, but I'm sure that's because he's the last of the main Human OG cast members they haven't killed yet. Han and Luke are toast so they've only got this last movie to put Lando and Leia down.

Rise of the Skywalker makes no sense, it's one thing to have Rey's parents be nobodies it is another thing to now retcon the whole thing and she's a skywalker if that's what this implies. People were looking for a nice surprise and twist with her parentage which made her the new Messiah.

How-about she has a bloodline that traces back to Mace Windu, or the some other genealogy that was thought to be snuffed out by Vader when he killed the old Jedi? What if she was born of a bloodline of Jedis who were found to be lovers (but you aren't supposed have lovers or mary as a jedi) so they were exiled and that's how she came to be?

There are a lot of ways to do it without her being a solo or skywalker.

I dunno, I will see this in the theater probably, for as cheap as I can, because Star Wars movies have to be seen on the big screen at least once. Even the shitty ones. But I doubt this will be good enough to redeem TLJ or the missteps they have made with the final trilogy in general.

JJ Abrams just isn't that great a director or writer. He's good but between Kathleen Kennedy, JJ's setup with MaRey Sue, and Rian Johnston shitting out TLJ they've pretty much waged a "Burn the fields and salt the earth!" campaign with the IP.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:10 AM   #17
Transylmania
Evil Dead

I know I'm being proven wrong but the laugh at the end of the trailer sounds like Mark Hamill to me. Did Luke join the dark side? I'm not being facetious at all I'm just curious.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #18
eth3rton
Evil Dead

It was a good run-on, now die...

PLEASE focus on the following or a better story line in general. You have so much lore to chose from why keep rehashing the Skywalker and Vader line?!!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (4.6 KB, 53 views)
eth3rton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:00 AM   #19
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

I still think the Skywalker in the title refers to Kylo. I always thought Rey was a Kenobi. They both have British accents, and other British actors (Finn) don't get to use their accents in the films.

I liked 7 very much. I thought 8 was good enough if you ignore the Canto Bight scene, so my opinion is probably a lot different than many people here.

The Mary Sue thing is annoying, but it doesn't bother me too much. I think JJ has nailed the feel of the universe, and I like seeing it again. Though the new droid looks like it was made with an old tire and a badmitton birdie, and reminds me of Tom Servo.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:08 AM   #20
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTribe View Post
No shame to be found here. Booting up Apex Legends whilst impatiently awaiting this movie.
Ha! Reading this almost makes me feel like I'm personally being trolled.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars episode ix