Yesterday 01:50 PM
45 Replies, 2,057 Views

Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

No Man’s Sky 11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch Trailer

Quote:
A a message from developer Hello Games’ Sean Murray

Hello everyone – it’s an exciting and super busy month for Hello Games and No Man’s Sky as we have our massive NEXT update launching across all platforms on July 24, and for the first time on Xbox One!

We will be sharing more details about the new content in the run up to launch. But a question we get asked all the time is ‘what’s changed in No Man’s Sky?’, so our friends at 505 Games have made a handy vid “11 Things That Have Changed in No Man’s Sky Since Launch” to remind everybody about the many many things that have changed… since launch.

There are a lot more than 11, in fact there are 100’s as you can see in the lists here: Foundation Update - Pathfinder Update - Atlas Rise Update

But we chose our favourite 11 as the video would go on for far too long...

Changes we’ve highlighted include a regenerated universe, newly opened portal stargates, new biomes, deeper trading, exocraft for advanced exploration, new modes (Survival / Permadeath / Creative), base building, new missions/story, terrain manipulation, crashed / interstellar freighters, and deeper space combat.

Thanks so much,

Sean
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Wow, they're still updating this turd. Polish all you want, you lost me on launch day Hello Games!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Wow, they're still updating this turd. Polish all you want, you lost me on launch day Hello Games!
The game is quite different from what it was at launch. It's apparently quite good, even.

I'm not going back to it anytime soon...but at least they were seemingly able to fix their mistakes.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:07 AM   #5
Apex
Developer

Too bad nobody cares.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I feel they need to do a No Man's Sky 2: Electric BoogaLoo release or something to really get the point across that it's been updated in big ways.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #7
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The game is quite different from what it was at launch. It's apparently quite good, even.

I'm not going back to it anytime soon...but at least they were seemingly able to fix their mistakes.
That's cool, It's just too bad they put such a bad taste in my mouth the first time around. I just have no desire to reinstall it.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
That's cool, It's just too bad they put such a bad taste in my mouth the first time around. I just have no desire to reinstall it.
I'm in the exact same boat.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #9
EGO
Evil Dead

It really doesn't matter what they do or what they did. The internet is filled with just hate, so there's no way ANYTHING they did was going to appease the angry comments warriors and their interwebz megaphone.

I honestly don't know why devs even bother doing anything any more. All there is is hate. I know if I were a dev I wouldn't. Doesn't seem worth it.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

After all the hype, and fail, and patching, and updating...

I think it's silly that they have to do a "11 Things That Have Changed Since Launch Trailer".

May as well have named the trailer "This game isn't garbage anymore, we swear! Please come back!"

And maybe that's true - that the game is improved. But it's a tough sell. Especially in gaming. There's always the next amazing game to play. Unless you're a fanatic about something, it's tough to go back and visit from a time ago. Limited time coupled with competition from the games you are already playing coupled with competition for the next big game right around the corner. Especially when the first experience was mediocre at best.

I think, in large, the ship has sailed on this one. And really it's their fault. They should have made the full and complete "vision" first, then released.

It's the same with movies nowadays. Do you want the cash grab now, or do you want quality that will stand the test of time, and build a following for decades.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Too bad nobody cares.
I'm excited, the next update will allow me to play coop with others (which is why I bought the game in the first place and now collects dust).
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #12
Exodus
Evil Dead

Is there multiplayer?
Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Is there multiplayer?
Is there multiplayer?

"Yah, but the world is so large, the odds of you running into anyone is almost impossible"

No Man's Sky? More like... No Guy Buy! Hehehhh!

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 07-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #14
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I still play the game a few minutes here and there when I'm too tired or drunk to read. It's way more stable since launch and the numerous mods have improved the rest. Space combat and flight control remains terrible and as non-intuitive as you can possibly get. The new story is kinda neat for a 3-4 hour time waster. The worlds and creatures are still very much the same. For a game that supposedly renders the whole universe all of the biomes, plants, animals, landmasses, etc. feel like they are from the same planet. The simplistic solar system modeling is absolute shit and I hate how the sun is merely a 2d skybox and the planets are stationary. Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.

Play Elite Dangerous instead if you want good space stuff.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #15
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.
LOL. That's pretty great. Laughed out loud for the first time today.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #16
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The original game was just a giant tech demo to fund further development. They should have just released it as an Xbox Game Preview instead of a $60 PS4 retail game. I might buy it again for my X1X. I loved it but got really upset when my Atlas quest glitched and I quit playing.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #17
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Currently the way "multiplayer" works is if you enter a zone with up to a dozen or so players you see each other as orbs of light that cannot be interacted with.

Play Elite Dangerous instead if you want good space stuff.
But the update coming out in two weeks will allow you to see them as they are and interact with the world together. You will also be able to join parties instead of hoping to find someone. But yeah, its retarded right now.

Also, thanks for the heads up on Elite Dangerous, going to check out a trailer now.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #18
92miata
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
I feel they need to do a No Man's Sky 2: Electric BoogaLoo release or something to really get the point across that it's been updated in big ways.
What a great reference. I just watched Turbo and Ozone in that movie. All Time Classic!!!!!
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #19
Juan
Evil Dead

How is the studio still open, where is the money coming from? Updating this game is utterly pointless, of the 10 people they may convince to buy the game, 9 will get it secondhand for £5.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #20
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Having never played it initially, I would be curious to try it, but not at the price point they are selling it for. They still have not dropped the price.

$20, tops.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no mans sky