Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Toy Story 4 Teaser...
Last post by MavenACTG
Today 04:40 PM
7 Replies, 404 Views
Disney's Dumbo Trailer...
Last post by LostToys
Today 03:50 PM
10 Replies, 550 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by LostToys
Today 03:42 PM
10 Replies, 662 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by RAV
Today 03:27 PM
2,739 Replies, 350,258 Views
Marvel's Stan Lee Series...
Last post by Terran
Today 02:19 PM
43 Replies, 1,586 Views
PUBG Coming to PS4...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 10:37 AM
12 Replies, 631 Views
Shadow of the Tomb...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 08:08 AM
2 Replies, 483 Views
Strategy Shooter Void...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 08:07 AM
5 Replies, 773 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,183
Blog Entries: 20
Fallout 76 Official Live Action Trailer



The Appalachian Wasteland comes alive in the official live action trailer for Fallout 76 - available worldwide on November 14th.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,613
I just love live action trailers.... ugh.

Anyways, I think that the game will actually be probably pretty good, and the presentation is always great with Bethesda.

I might actually pick this up for launch.
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:52 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I just love live action trailers.... ugh.

Anyways, I think that the game will actually be probably pretty good, and the presentation is always great with Bethesda.

I might actually pick this up for launch.
I'm kind of in the same boat, actually. For one reason or another, my interest has been slowly gathering for this title; it's gone from "General Apathy" to "Fuck it, maybe I'll pick it up".

Realistically, I'll probably just toss it on my Christmas wishlist and hope someone buys it for me.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:27 AM   #4
walstib
Evil Dead
 
walstib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 284
wouldn't it be nice...

...if the game actually looked like that

-
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead
 
Dag-Sabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hai Shi Dao Hotsprings
Posts: 4,373
Did you watch some of the beta play throughs? It looks like a janky fallout 4 DLC.
__________________
...using emotionally-laden bold fonts.
Dag-Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,183
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat, actually. For one reason or another, my interest has been slowly gathering for this title; it's gone from "General Apathy" to "Fuck it, maybe I'll pick it up".

Realistically, I'll probably just toss it on my Christmas wishlist and hope someone buys it for me.
I think the more I see of this title, the less interested I am. It just feels like it wants to be a Fallout game and instead it's just a bad Fallout Mod. Like someone found some leftover multiplayer hooks in Fallout 3 and decided to go from there.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,456
No NPC's either make me question what on earth there is to do in this game apart from resource hunt and die over and over again.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,183
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
No NPC's either make me question what on earth there is to do in this game apart from resource hunt and die over and over again.
How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
Meusli
Subscriber
 
Meusli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: England
Posts: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.
It's madness I tell ya, madness.
__________________
Steam ID: Meusli
Gamertag: Meusli
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #10
koorb
Reaper
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 192
The live action trailer although not original (Call Of Duty have been doing them for years) is nice, but I am not sure if it feels very much like Fallout or has the same kind or level of comedy.
koorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,923
Terrible trailer. Just terrible. Horrible musical selection as well. Just bad all around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 866
I like how their idea of "beta testing" is giving the full 50GB game to people who preordered, but you can only play for 2 hours inside a specific window. Also if you click to install it automatically deletes everything forcing you to download all 50GBs again before they close testing.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
How can there be any storyline or quests without NPC's? That just doesn't make any sense.
You find recordings and computer terminals that you can play and interact with.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.

The Brotherhood of Steel, for example, would be an easily insertable NPC faction because they would pose a threat to anyone who tried to fuck with them, and they might as well be walking robots in their power armor.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,183
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
You find recordings and computer terminals that you can play and interact with.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.

The Brotherhood of Steel, for example, would be an easily insertable NPC faction because they would pose a threat to anyone who tried to fuck with them, and they might as well be walking robots in their power armor.
Thanks. I was probably going to skip this one anyway, because I've got Red Dead 2 and I never finished Fallout 4. My to-be-played pile is like 4 feet high.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:32 AM   #15
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add NPCs in the game as it progresses, particularly after they allow for private servers, to keep the game feeling fresh over the course of the months and to entice single-player players to give the game a chance.
They could have done that from the beginning by making, ya know, a real Fallout game instead of some PvP bullshit bastardized version of post-apocalyptic A.R.K.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 7,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
They could have done that from the beginning by making, ya know, a real Fallout game instead of some PvP bullshit bastardized version of post-apocalyptic A.R.K.
This. No thanks Bethesda, oh and btw bethsoft, think it's about time for an engine that doesn't suck.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:03 PM   #17
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 866
So apparently there's a recurring bug that's been in every Bethesda game using their shit engine. A bug that normally isn't a big deal in singleplayer games. Except FO76 is online and this particular bug works as a built-in speed cheat. If you set your framerate/vsync to unlocked/off your movement speed doubles. Have fun.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fallout 76

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.