Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 11:07 AM
3 Replies, 963 Views

Old 10-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan Ghost Ship Trailer

Quote:
Embark on a Troublesome Journey With the Mysterious Curator in The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe has released a Halloween trailer for the upcoming horror game Man of Medan, revealing the enigmatic and mysterious character of the Curator.

The Curator, an omniscient voyeur of our protagonists’ progress and choices, will be played by British actor Pip Torrens (The Crown and Preacher). He joins the previously revealed all-star cast of Man of Medan, which includes Shawn Ashmore (X-Men) as Conrad. Although, unlike the ever changing cast of each story in the anthology, the Curator will be an ever-present part of each chilling experience.

The Curator is a figure beyond time, chronicling stories of both life and death in his own private compendium as part of a vast repository, containing every story ever told. He’s been doing it for thousands of years, he supposes, but he can’t remember when he started, or whether there was ever a beginning to what he does.

But now, for reasons that he can’t quite understand, he’s been given the opportunity to talk to somebody. To you, The Player.

He knows that there are ‘rules’ with being an observer. He’s not supposed to interfere, but he’s excited, and can get a little carried away. He has seen things that the player has probably missed. Important things. But he’s not permitted to tell them what these things are, not directly that is. So, he drops hints where he feels he can, in the hope that the player will recognise his brilliance in hindsight. But don’t expect him to be straightforward. His hints can be somewhat ambiguous and cryptic.

“We were absolutely thrilled by the response to the announcement of The Dark Pictures in August, and we’re delighted to introduce an important character today that will be present throughout The Dark Pictures Anthology, The Curator.” said Pete Samuels, Executive Producer for The Dark Pictures Anthology, at Supermassive Games. “Voiced by Pip Torrens, you’ll see him for the very first time in our Man of Medan Halloween Trailer and he acts as a guide for the players to navigate their stories.”

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe also confirms that Man of Medan will be voiced in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian.

The Dark Pictures is a series of stand-alone, cinematic horror games, designed to present a new, terrifying experience on a regular basis. Each game is unconnected and will feature a brand new story, setting, and a new cast of characters. In the first story, Man of Medan, four young Americans set sail on a holiday diving trip, to find a rumored WWII wreck. As the day unfolds, and as a storm rolls in, their trip soon turns into something much more sinister. Who will live? Who will die?

The Dark Pictures: Man Of Medan will launch in 2019 in both boxed and digital editions for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and PC.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I enjoy their games, so I'll definitely be picking this up!
Old 11-01-2018, 10:43 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I still have o play Until Dawn. I will have to give it a shot after Call of Cthulhu.

Of course, Red Dead owns my soul right now.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
Cranium
Reaper

The decisions & repercussions bit made me think about Donkey Kong.
Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I like the narrative. But a lot of games have gone down the whole "decisions have consequences" line and none have panned out. Frost Punk, the Gods Will Be Watching, This War of Mine, and Mass Effect 3 to name a few recent ones but they all failed because the decisions don't really mean anything meaningful to the narrative at the end of the day.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man of medan