Today 06:30 AM
7 Replies, 636 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-23-2017, 03:43 PM   #561
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotoco View Post
If you wouldn't mind sharing what and how you did it?
No magic, just a stable family life, a lot of time and effort invested, involvement in extracurricular competition (karate, which rewards effort with tangible progress via belts), college classes from an early age (13) to challenge her, etc., etc..

We gave her an environment where she could rise as far as she was able to, which is all I ask of my other five kids as well...to do their best, no more and no less.

They're all different. Good luck and God bless with your first and any further future kids!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #562
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
No magic, just a stable family life, a lot of time and effort invested, involvement in extracurricular competition (karate, which rewards effort with tangible progress via belts), college classes from an early age (13) to challenge her, etc., etc..

We gave her an environment where she could rise as far as she was able to, which is all I ask of my other five kids as well...to do their best, no more and no less.

They're all different. Good luck and God bless with your first and any further future kids!
The first part seems like something I would do already.

The second part seems to be a key problem. You see, it is illegal to NOT send your kids to state approved school. And that has a tendency to brain wash and destroy most kids.

I know you said you homeschooled. Any good pointers in how to do that?

Remember that I am from a country where this is outlawed (but is being battled through the judiciary system and should be resolved before my daughter hits school age), so I have absolutely NO experience what is homeschooling, I just know what it means. Any good books?

About challenging my kids I keep saying my kids will learn what was supposed to be College level knowledge by 12 and people mock me, saying that I will destroy their life and that they need to take it slow. I will not force it on then, but I will present the challenge and real incentives for then to learn.

School makes children lazy. Anything useful that I have learnt in my life I learned by myself or through other means.

Not even my Electrical Engineering College. And I graduated top of my class. It taught a lot of useless stuff, mostly academic knowledge of which I used very little, practically nothing of the practical knowledge that I do use and had to learn on my own.

I know that my children will not join any College I currently know of.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #563
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
The first part seems like something I would do already.

The second part seems to be a key problem. You see, it is illegal to NOT send your kids to state approved school. And that has a tendency to brain wash and destroy most kids.

I know you said you homeschooled. Any good pointers in how to do that?

Remember that I am from a country where this is outlawed (but is being battled through the judiciary system and should be resolved before my daughter hits school age), so I have absolutely NO experience what is homeschooling, I just know what it means. Any good books?

About challenging my kids I keep saying my kids will learn what was supposed to be College level knowledge by 12 and people mock me, saying that I will destroy their life and that they need to take it slow. I will not force it on then, but I will present the challenge and real incentives for then to learn.

School makes children lazy. Anything useful that I have learnt in my life I learned by myself or through other means.

Not even my Electrical Engineering College. And I graduated top of my class. It taught a lot of useless stuff, mostly academic knowledge of which I used very little, practically nothing of the practical knowledge that I do use and had to learn on my own.

I know that my children will not join any College I currently know of.
Move to a better country? Not sure what to tell you bud. That sucks that home schooling is illegal there.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #564
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I think if school is mandatory, just make time before they go to sleep to teach them something. My daughters are always going one step ahead of school from what my wife teaches them.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #565
Terran
Evil Dead

Homeschooling may be illegal for you, so how about private schooling? Making use of the time you have available after school and on weekends would also be wise. Have them read some classic literature with you outside of school, for example.

The 'common' school, known today as the public school, was created out of the desire of the state to indoctrinate children into ideologically acceptable thinking. The earliest European public children's schools had exactly that purpose. The earliest American common (public) schools were created with similar 'progressive' inclinations, to remove parental influence from kids (because the state knew better) and to replace them with state-sanctioned right thinking.

Don't get me wrong, there are terrific public schools out there, and most teachers don't walk around thinking of ways to brainwash children. That being said, some of them DO think along those lines, as do some state and federal education officials. An excellent example is the drive to use schools to force children (and their parents) to deny reality by calling a boy a girl or a girl a boy in the interest of 'the feelings' of folks with mental illnesses. The state as a tool of reality denial is the ultimate in lunacy.

You do your best with what's available. I know a few of my younger kids are going to be a challenge. I don't know that any of the rest of mine will rise to a 35 ACT, though they may. I'll be happy if they do the best they can each do individually. I've got about a decade left before I have an empty nest! Good luck!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:24 AM   #566
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Homeschooling may be illegal for you, so how about private schooling? Making use of the time you have available after school and on weekends would also be wise. Have them read some classic literature with you outside of school, for example.

The 'common' school, known today as the public school, was created out of the desire of the state to indoctrinate children into ideologically acceptable thinking. The earliest European public children's schools had exactly that purpose. The earliest American common (public) schools were created with similar 'progressive' inclinations, to remove parental influence from kids (because the state knew better) and to replace them with state-sanctioned right thinking.

Don't get me wrong, there are terrific public schools out there, and most teachers don't walk around thinking of ways to brainwash children. That being said, some of them DO think along those lines, as do some state and federal education officials. An excellent example is the drive to use schools to force children (and their parents) to deny reality by calling a boy a girl or a girl a boy in the interest of 'the feelings' of folks with mental illnesses. The state as a tool of reality denial is the ultimate in lunacy.

You do your best with what's available. I know a few of my younger kids are going to be a challenge. I don't know that any of the rest of mine will rise to a 35 ACT, though they may. I'll be happy if they do the best they can each do individually. I've got about a decade left before I have an empty nest! Good luck!
When I was doing IT for a municipality here on the north shore in Mass, they taught the kids nothing, it was all about the administration patting themselves on the back while students were fucking off on youtube or flat out goofing off. For every 1 decent teacher there are 10 shitty ones who are more interested in wasting the district's money on shit they didn't need.

Even on the town level itself you could just sit back and watch corruption at work. People in positions that they weren't qualified for, my boss at the time was actually stealing equipment and not paying the bills he was supposed to be paying and the town didn't want to prosecute him because THEY didn't want it on the news to show just how incompetent they are. So they let him walk with no consequences. The kicker? It's a town that has money, just zero brains running it. The topper? My boss was getting paid over 100k a year and stealing. Guy is a total douchebag.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:37 AM   #567
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Move to a better country? Not sure what to tell you bud. That sucks that home schooling is illegal there.
Unless I convert to Islam I can't think of any good countries that take immigrants.

If you asked me about one year ago I would we are on sharply upwards curve. Now I don't know anymore.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:44 AM   #568
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Unless I convert to Islam I can't think of any good countries that take immigrants.

If you asked me about one year ago I would we are on sharply upwards curve. Now I don't know anymore.
Obama is no longer in office, the US would take you I'm sure. Lots of his shit is getting reversed or thrown the fuck out as it should be.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #569
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Obama is no longer in office, the US would take you I'm sure. Lots of his shit is getting reversed or thrown the fuck out as it should be.
I know some people who got green cards, but every single one of then got it through some sort of Obama/Democrat program. Mostly by going as an illegal and then finding a way.

I wouldn't do that from a moral and ethical point of view and on a family and career point of view.

I'm an engineer for 9 years already, my wife is a Ginecologist and Obstetrician, we both have other post graduation courses.

My wife if pregnant of 5 months. There is no way I would ever put my family and daughter through stress and wash dishes until we get an anchor baby and get a dreamers citizenship.

So, no, no USA for us.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #570
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Depending upon your engineering degree you might be able to find a US company to get you an H1B visa to come over and work for them. I know we had a couple of our support guys at our office in Brasilia get moved over to the UK at the company's cost. Portuguese and Spanish speakers are valuable to global support organizations and typically get paid extra for it.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #571
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
I checked around for how legal immigration changed in the last half a year or so and I can't see anything supporting your claim whatsoever. If there were efforts in place to streamline the process for people with higher education or an extension on the amount of people with those kinds of backgrounds versus refugees I would have agreed with you, but I can't find any evidence of that anywhere.

The only reference to something akin to that would be the RAISE act, but that is not in place yet and is not looking like it will be this year or even the next. Considering it is also looking to cut actual immigration numbers down to half of what they are now it is not going to raise Jotoco's chances much, if any.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #572
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
If anything, immigration is going to become that much more difficult under the current administration; reversing things done under Obama's administration isn't going to make things any easier for people trying to get into the country, legally or otherwise.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #573
Jotoco
Evil Dead

I have read that H1B visas are being cut (in half I think). Later tonight I might go looking for where I read it.

And as Phoenix said, legal immigration is being cut. But illegal is as strong as ever.

Only Mexican border immigration is being stopped. It is as easy today as last year to illegally immigrate to the us.

I have a passport and a tourist visa and have been to the USA twice. If I wanted to simply go and miss my flight back it would be nigh impossible to extradite me.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #574
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If anything, immigration is going to become that much more difficult under the current administration; reversing things done under Obama's administration isn't going to make things any easier for people trying to get into the country, legally or otherwise.
Sure it will. Do you think Trump is going to allow Christians wanting to come to the US be denied like they were under Obama on purpose? I highly doubt it. Will it be harder for Muslims and unvetted potential terrorist? Likely. No more lottery visas for your poor special interest group sorry.

These are the people you support Chimp. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...eat-democracy/

These are the race baiters who openly outright hate white people because it's ok to do so now. Thanks Obama!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #575
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Sure it will. Do you think Trump is going to allow Christians wanting to come to the US be denied like they were under Obama on purpose? I highly doubt it. Will it be harder for Muslims and unvetted potential terrorist? Likely. No more lottery visas for your poor special interest group sorry.

These are the people you support Chimp. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...eat-democracy/

These are the race baiters who openly outright hate white people because it's ok to do so now. Thanks Obama!
I'd love it if you could show me where I showed any support for anyone in my statement. The previous administration was relatively lax in terms of immigration control, whereas the current administration is at least paying lip service toward tightening up restrictions.

I wasn't exactly a fan of Obama, nor am I a fan of the current president.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #576
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'd love it if you could show me where I showed any support for anyone in my statement. The previous administration was relatively lax in terms of immigration control, whereas the current administration is at least paying lip service toward tightening up restrictions.

I wasn't exactly a fan of Obama, nor am I a fan of the current president.
That's fine but you're always arguing the leftest point of view. So if that makes you a centralist it's kinda hard to tell since you come off like the typical whiny liberal cunt.

Trump isn't against legal immigration, his fight and rightfully so is against the millions of illegals the left wants to flood the US with. Can't stay in power without votes.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #577
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
That's fine but you're always arguing the leftest point of view. So if that makes you a centralist it's kinda hard to tell since you come off like the typical whiny liberal cunt.
I'm much more central/moderate/whatever in most other conversations; the balance is skewed so far to the right on this site, which means most of the time when I chime in it's because my (comparatively) more moderate tendencies are conflicting with the hard-right viewpoint shared by many of the more vocal posters here.

I think 95% of it has to do with the fact that I don't agree with you, so you automatically assume I stand for the exact opposite of what you're arguing for. Plus, you're just impossible to take seriously with all of the ridiculous names you spew toward people who don't agree with you.

Quote:
Trump isn't against legal immigration, his fight and rightfully so is against the millions of illegals the left wants to flood the US with. Can't stay in power without votes.
He may not be wholly against legal immigration, but his overall attitude toward immigration is a far cry from what the Republican stance used to be. Granted, we're nearly 40 years removed from this particular debate...but, many of the issues they were discussing sound awfully similar to what we're seeing in 2017.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #578
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm much more central/moderate/whatever in most other conversations; the balance is skewed so far to the right on this site, which means most of the time when I chime in it's because my (comparatively) more moderate tendencies are conflicting with the hard-right viewpoint shared by many of the more vocal posters here.

I think 95% of it has to do with the fact that I don't agree with you, so you automatically assume I stand for the exact opposite of what you're arguing for. Plus, you're just impossible to take seriously with all of the ridiculous names you spew toward people who don't agree with you.

He may not be wholly against legal immigration, but his overall attitude toward immigration is a far cry from what the Republican stance used to be.

I think it's more so you tend to argue against what should be common sense agreements. The NFL situation for example, you suggest to simply ignore it and maybe it'll go away rather than call it out for what it is, pushing racism.

In calling out the huge increase of Islamic terror daily in the world today, you decide to point to white domestic incidents, some of which happened 20-30 years ago. Also you often try to tell people to shut up essentially because you don't like their viewpoint. These are things progressives do, not middle of the road centralist. So it's not my fault that you come off as a raging moronic progressive cunt more often than not.

Those who are middle of the road, generally wouldn't take a far left position every time doncha think? Just own it. Or are you another one of those "Liberal libertarians" like good ol Bean?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #579
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
I think it's more so you tend to argue against what should be common sense agreements. The NFL situation for example, you suggest to simply ignore it and maybe it'll go away rather than call it out for what it is, pushing racism.
The messages behind the kneeling are numerous and jumbled. I agree - to an extent - with the original intent behind the protests, which was to help start a conversation about the bullshit some (but clearly not all) of the police in this country allow to happen or perpetrate themselves. Now, it's just a distraction and noise. Our attention is being directed toward the "unpatriotic football players" while actual, significant things are happening.

As things currently stand, turning the cameras away would be a viable solution.

Quote:
In calling out the huge increase of Islamic terror daily in the world today, you decide to point to white domestic incidents, some of which happened 20-30 years ago.
Time and again, you blatantly choose to ignore why I was talking about "right-wing" terrorism in the first place; the list of examples I provided was because we were discussing terrorism in a game about right-wing terrorists. My list started at the most recent major significant event (1995) and spanned through that point in 2017

You also choose to blatantly ignore the equally lengthy list of Islamic terrorist incidents in this country along since 2001, while also stating that it is one of the largest global threats we face. The list I provided started the most recent significant event (2001) and spanned through that point in 2017.

The thread in question was about the upcoming Farcry game. It's clearly about a sect of right-wing terrorists, to which some folks said wasn't really a thing. I provided a myriad of examples, along with an accompanying list of Islamic terrorist acts for the sake of discussion. At no point did I mention that Islamic terrorism wasn't one of the most dangerous things we face, but I did mention that the NSA's most-watched domestic threats were not Islamic terrorists.

Stating that other shithead terrorists exist does not in any way, shape or form minimize the threat of the Islamic shithead terrorists.

Quote:
Also you often try to tell people to shut up essentially because you don't like their viewpoint. These are things progressives do, not middle of the road centralist. So it's not my fault that you come off as a raging moronic progressive cunt more often than not.
When have I told anyone to shut up when I don't agree with their viewpoint?

What I have done is ask people - such as yourself - to move the fuck on when all they (you) do is spew the same bullshit each and every time a subject comes up. You made your point countless threads ago, yet you continue to show up simply to say the same shit again.

I'm not asking for an echo chamber. I'm asking for you to move the fuck on.

Quote:
Those who are middle of the road, generally wouldn't take a far left position every time doncha think? Just own it. Or are you another one of those "Liberal libertarians" like good ol Bean?
I rarely take a far-left position on anything. All of your "examples" are culled from your foggy memory and the fact that you choose to blatantly ignore what I've written and make up your own story. It may seem like far-left from way the hell over in your direction...but, it's really not.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 11-30-2017 at 06:27 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #580
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:

Alright, let's try and unwrap this one. You first incorrectly state that there was some official message going on to disallow Christians coming to the US, a really old meme that's been proven wrong... how many times now?

You then compare that (by extension) to Jotoco's situation that was being discussed before despite him and his family very obviously not being refugees, which is what that meme was about (the prioritizing of Muslim refugees over Christian ones from Iraq etc).

And then you just make up a scenario that Trump will work towards based on pretty much no evidence whatsoever. The actual immigration policies being discussed and implemented right now are plainly available and can be checked out via official channels without too much effort and they just don't, in any way, relate to Jotoco's situation. The RAISE act from before MIGHT impact him or people like him, depending on how it shakes out, but so far Trump has made no effort on any real level to do what you are saying you think he wants to.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote