1 Replies, 327 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
04-20-2019 11:12 AM
4,238 Replies, 719,196 Views

Old 04-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #4221
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Eagerly awaiting what Eats' excuses will be, I vote "Trump needs to be charged with obstruction and then impeached" Seems to be the lefts new angle now that the huge nothing burger of Russian Collusion has totally and utterly failed miserably.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:32 AM   #4222
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

There was some words there that said stuff along the lines of nothing rising to the level which would legally constitute obstruction. That strikes me as getting close to a technicality.

I mean we haven’t reached the same mealy mouth word parsing as saying Clinton’s security breech is fine cause it was just careless and she didn’t mean to be intentionally negligent. It would have been better if there was more definitive language in the report for people to chew on from Mueller or if Mueller had given the press conference. This ambiguity and messenger is just allowing foolish debate continue.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:52 AM   #4223
Terran
Evil Dead

Meuller's 'obstruction' bullshit was an egregious abuse of his position and an intentional slime of Trump. It leaves the door open just the slightest crack to the lunatic TDS fringe to continue hammering this nonsense politically for the next two years or more, until some other excuse comes up.

Quote:
After two years and spending an estimated $35 million, Robert Mueller issued a 448-page report that ignored the governing special counsel regulations. Those regulations required Mueller, at the conclusion of the special counsel’s work, to “provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.”

Yet, instead of issuing the mandated closing documentation, Mueller explained that his team “determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment” of whether “to initiate or decline a prosecution.”

But Trump has no process now to clear his name from the taint of obstruction of justice created by Mueller’s report. So, after two years of battling unjust and untrue charges of collusion with Russia, Mueller has destined President Trump to spend the second half of his first term combating claims of obstruction of justice—claims which, even if they had a basis in fact, have no basis in law.
It's not Trump's job to exonerate himself, it's the prosecutor's job to prove Trump's guilt. Mueller knew he wasn't guilty, but chose to take a shit in the White House on the way out so that the Democrats would have more fecal matter to throw around for a while.

This whole thing has been nonsense from the beginning. All of it. A political hit job, an attempt at a coup, a lunatic's voyage into a person's life to destroy him. It ultimately failed, but it harmed the country in countless ways by impacting the president's ability to conduct foreign policy with Russia in a way that might well have been more productive than was otherwise possible due to the progtards epileptic "MUH RUSSIA" seizure.

There will be consequences, and the Dems won't like them. When the Kavanaugh hit failed, the consequence was the RAMMING of conservative judges down the Dems throats. WINNING. The consequence of the media's constant shillery and lying on behalf of the Dems has been the collapse of trust in their institution and the realization that they are a wing of the Democrat Party. That's a win as well for conservatives, because the MSM has been lying for decades and is finally known for it.

You will pay a price, proggies. You will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #4224
Terran
Evil Dead

Read Michael Tracey on this. He's a SANE liberal reporter. There are a few around (Greenwald is another).

Tracey: "Time for the conspiracy fanatics to take one last hit from the collusion crackpipe. Suck in deeply and let the anticipatory euphoria wash over you. Addiction is difficult to treat but this is your first step on the road to recovery."

lolololol.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #4225
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

It's almost like the Democrats want Trump reelected.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #4226
Terran
Evil Dead

CNN, keeping the dream alive!

Two observations:
* Basic math is really hard for journalists. Perhaps they should learn to code. If you can't see the math error, you may also be a journalist!
* "NO COLLUSION" gets no mention, lol. Gotta keep the addicts coming back for more, after all, and they're not coming back when you take the needle away.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #4227
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

It should be pretty obvious to everyone at this point that the MSM is pushing agenda and not much else. All carefully crafted propaganda. I'm also going to enjoy the show with the dems, the way they're going, they are pretty much ensuring Trump get's reelected. They stay in their echo chambers too much, they have completely lost touch with reality and the American people. And no Eats, people who think like you are not a majority despite what the idiot box tells you.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #4228
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #4229
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The Babylon Bee:

CNN: 'God Allowed The Mueller Report To Test Our Unshakable Faith In Collusion'

Quote:
ATLANTA, GA—Anchors at CNN headquarters have made a bold statement of unwavering faith after the Mueller Report revealed no actual evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. "We believe in collusion with all our hearts and will never let the world's teachings get in the way of that," said Jim Acosta while mumbling mantras quietly in a room misty with burning incense.

"If God allowed this report to be written in the manner that it was, He did so to test our unshakable faith in what we know to be true," said Anderson Cooper.

"We believe in the one true Russian collusion, the one that was spoken into truth and made real far before any evidence was brought before this dark world," added Natalie Allen.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #4230
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post

Two observations:
* Basic math is really hard for journalists. Perhaps they should learn to code. If you can't see the math error, you may also be a journalist!
Uh, ackshually, if you divide 448 by 36 you get 12.44 so clearly CNN more properly rounded down to 12.43%. DUH!

In old math you'd technically need 44.8 pages of redaction to reach a 10% mark but this is a new century and something so historic SCREAMS for new approaches to calculations.

You can keep these folks away from any code I need to rely on. Math, old math, is important to my products and these guys don't got them skills. Maybe that's why they were so offended by Learn2Code; if they could they would.

The last line in the ticker there, if it were a democrat president, would have read: "Is unable to conclude any obstruction took place"
Old 04-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #4231
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:

Two observations:
* "NO COLLUSION" gets no mention, lol. Gotta keep the addicts coming back for more, after all, and they're not coming back when you take the needle away.
It's also odd how they seem to be taking issue with the fact that most of the redactions are about ongoing investigations (which was something anyone who was paying attention already knew would happen). The info was redacted because it contained stuff that could compromise ongoing investigations. Even if all of the investigations were directly tied to Trump himself, revealing that information prematurely would result in the exact opposite outcome they would want to see.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #4232
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Uh, ackshually, if you divide 448 by 36 you get 12.44 so clearly CNN more properly rounded down to 12.43%. DUH!

In old math you'd technically need 44.8 pages of redaction to reach a 10% mark but this is a new century and something so historic SCREAMS for new approaches to calculations.
LOL. You got me. They are better than us, aren't they!?!
Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #4233
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's also odd how they seem to be taking issue with the fact that most of the redactions are about ongoing investigations (which was something anyone who was paying attention already knew would happen). The info was redacted because it contained stuff that could compromise ongoing investigations. Even if all of the investigations were directly tied to Trump himself, revealing that information prematurely would result in the exact opposite outcome they would want to see.
Do you really think that’s odd? They’re selling a false story but they know the average plebe will buy it anyway.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #4234
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Not odd at all, CNN is going to push the collusion angle forever, that's what fake news does.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #4235
Terran
Evil Dead

CNN and MSNBC have both decided to butter their bread from the left, and the left (and leftist journalists, which populate both networks) demands constant Trump derangement or they tune out. Post collusion (over the past couple of weeks, after Barr previewed the Mueller report for the public), CNN's primetime ratings tanked 50%, MSNBC's 30%. They can't have that. They need to manufacture more outrage. Hence "OBSTRUCTION!"

HGTV has higher ratings than CNN, lol. Seriously.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #4236
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I want to mention something my liberal websites and stuff are pulling from the report, because it surely is a splitting of hairs which will appear here at some point.

In the conclusions of the Mueller report it says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Mueller Report
... if we had confidence after a through investigation of the facts that the President did not commit obstruction we would so state [...] while this report does not conclude the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.
The two things that keep popping up:

1) We don't feel confident he didn't obstruct.
This is now being used to further the Left's witch hunt. GIVE IT UP ALREADY. This is going to cause a landslide win for Trump and the senate for those fools who follow the impeachment bullshit in 2020 of the likes never before seen.

2) We cannot exonerate.
I keep hearing "Well that's what they said about Jussie! How's it feel now?!" Big difference people is that Trump was not charged so there is NOTHING TO BE EXONERATED for.

Jussie, lots of crimes charged, released (pixie dust democrat magic!) and documents sealed. Not exonerated.

Trump, no charges, no exoreration needed because no crime was committed.

I have never murdered anyone, so exonerating me for murder is a worthless gesture. (At least never been charged!)

Mueller never charged Trump with obstruction (or any crime) so exonerating him is a worthless gesture and hopefully just fed the democrats a fucking poison pill for 2020.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #4237
Terran
Evil Dead

The point of a criminal investigation is not to exonerate, it is to criminally charge or not to charge. Mueller (and/or Weissman, a class-A psychopath) dropped this little turdnugget on his way out for the Dems to use as a tool to hammer Trump with, but it's presecutorial misconduct of the highest order that turns the entire legal system on its head, with targets of investigations having to prove their innocence rather than the state having to prove their guilt.

In other words, fuck Mueller and his band of little progtards.

Also, I mentioned all this above:

Meuller's 'obstruction' bullshit was an egregious abuse of his position and an intentional slime of Trump. It leaves the door open just the slightest crack to the lunatic TDS fringe to continue hammering this nonsense politically for the next two years or more, until some other excuse comes up.

Quote:
After two years and spending an estimated $35 million, Robert Mueller issued a 448-page report that ignored the governing special counsel regulations. Those regulations required Mueller, at the conclusion of the special counsel’s work, to “provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.”

Yet, instead of issuing the mandated closing documentation, Mueller explained that his team “determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment” of whether “to initiate or decline a prosecution.”

But Trump has no process now to clear his name from the taint of obstruction of justice created by Mueller’s report. So, after two years of battling unjust and untrue charges of collusion with Russia, Mueller has destined President Trump to spend the second half of his first term combating claims of obstruction of justice—claims which, even if they had a basis in fact, have no basis in law.
It's not Trump's job to exonerate himself, it's the prosecutor's job to prove Trump's guilt. Mueller knew he wasn't guilty, but chose to take a shit in the White House on the way out so that the Democrats would have more fecal matter to throw around for a while.
Quote:
Old 04-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #4238
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
LOL. You got me. They are better than us, aren't they!?!
Columnist Mark Hemingway noted this as an effect described by author Michael Crichton called the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect:

Quote:
Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray’s case, physics. In mine, show business.

You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the ‘wet streets cause rain’ stories. Paper’s full of them. In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.
So if we see errors we should assume other pieces are likely to be wrong with the same ratio, not assume if we don't have the knowledge to catch the error they much not exist. This is a logical fallacy.

With Crab Fisherman in the Alaska Bering Strait they sample 100 crabs and, if in that haul of 100 you have too many undersized crabs - out of 100,000 or more lbs of cargo - they will sample 100 more crabs. If that shows too many undersized crabs the whole cargo is considered tainted and the captain gets fined a ton, as much at $20,000 per haul.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #4239
Terran
Evil Dead

WSJ: Mueller's Report Speaks Volumes. May be paywalled, but worth a read. Mueller and his rabid Dumbocrat team threw EVERYTHING they could at the wall to get something to stick, but all they got was process crimes and a pre-Mueller Manafort case. lolololololol.

Quote:
Yet jump to the section where the Mueller team lists its “prosecution and declination” decisions with regards the Russia question. And try not to picture Mueller “pit bull” prosecutor Andrew Weissmann collapsed under mountains of federal statutes after his two-year hunt to find one that applied.

Mr. Mueller’s team mulled bringing charges “for the crime of conspiracy—either under statutes that have their own conspiracy language,” or “under the general conspiracy statute.” It debated going after them for the “defraud clause,” which “criminalizes participating in an agreement to obstruct a lawful function of the U.S. government.” It considered the crime of acting as an “agent of a foreign government”—helpfully noting that this crime does not require “willfulness.”

Up to now, the assumption was that Mr. Mueller had resurrected long-ago violations of the rarely enforced Foreign Agent Registration Act of 1938 purely to apply pressure on folks like Paul Manafort and Mike Flynn. Now we find out that it was resurrected in hopes of applying it to campaign-period actions of minor figures such as Carter Page and George Papadopoulos.

Mueller’s team even considered charging Trump associates who participated with campaign-finance violations for the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Was that meeting “a conspiracy to violate the foreign contributions ban”? Was it “the solicitation of an illegal foreign source contribution”? Was it the receipt of “an express or implied promise to make a [foreign source] contribution”? The team considered that the law didn’t apply only to money—it could apply to a “thing of value.” Until investigators realized it might be hard to prove the “promised documents” exceeded the “$2,000 threshold for a criminal violation.” The Mueller team even credited Democrats’ talking point that former Attorney General Jeff Sessions had committed perjury during his confirmation hearings—and devoted a section in the report to it.
Quote:
Mr. Barr noted Thursday that we do not engage in grand-jury proceedings and probes with the purpose of generating innuendo.

Mr. Mueller may not care. His report suggests the actual goal of the obstruction volume is impeachment: “We concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority.”

Note as well what isn’t in the report. It makes only passing, bland references to the genesis of so many of the accusations Mr. Mueller probed: the infamous dossier produced by opposition-research firm Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. How do you exonerate Mr. Page without delving into the scandalous Moscow deeds of which he was falsely accused? How do you narrate an entire section on the July 2016 Trump Tower meeting without noting that Ms. Veselnitskaya was working alongside Fusion? How do you detail every aspect of the Papadopoulos accusations while avoiding any detail of the curious and suspect ways that those accusations came back to the FBI via Australia’s Alexander Downer?
Quote: