Yesterday 07:16 AM
9 Replies, 1,031 Views

Old 10-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Spider-Man PS4 DLC The Heist Adds Three New Spider-Suits

Quote:
Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist Out Next Tuesday, Adds 3 New Suits

Since we launched Marvelís Spider-Man, weíve been absolutely floored by the amazing response from everyone. Since then, one of the most common questions we have received is, ďwhen can I get more content to play?Ē Youíll be happy to know that our first chapter of our Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC Series, Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist, will release in one week on October 23rd. Weíre thrilled to continue expanding our original Spider-Man universe with this first of three add-on chapters.

As we have throughout the year for the base game, we worked with Marvel artists on some brand new art for Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist. This art illustrating Spider-Man and Black Cat, comes from famed Marvel illustrator and suit designer Adi Granov.

As you play Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist, youíll encounter the beginning of a new, interconnected story taking place over the three chapters of Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps. A robbery at an art museum entangles Spider-Man and MJ with an old flame from Peter Parkerís past, Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat. Beyond new story missions, thereís a whole new faction of enemies, new crimes, new challenges, new trophies, and of course, three brand new suits.

Hereís a first look at the three new suits. One weíd love to highlight is the Resilient Suit, by famed Marvel illustrator Gabriele DellíOtto. We loved bringing original suits to the game, starting with our Advanced Suit, and continuing with Adi Granovís Velocity Suit, and this is another great one. Additionally we have two more suits that fans of the comics will recognize, Spider-Manís suit from Scarlet Spider II, and the Spider-UK suit from the Spider-Verse.

Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist can be purchased on the PlayStation Store for $9.99 USD MSRP. If you want to save a few dollars, you can order the entire Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps series for $24.99 USD MSRP, which will get you Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist, as well as the two additional chapters releasing later this year.

Havenít picked up Marvelís Spider-Man yet? Check out the Digital Deluxe Edition Ė which for $79.99 USD MSRP gets you the full game, as well as all three chapters of Marvelís Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps upon their respective individual release!

Marvelís Spider-Man: The Heist releases on October 23rd.
blog.us.playstation.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
LostToys
Evil Dead

I really want to play the DLC for this game, but not willing to pay for the DLC. So I will be waiting for a Game of The Year or other edition to be released so I can rent it and play through the missed content.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Primus
Valar Morghulis

The suit selection for this game is atrocious. Motherfucker has been around for over 50 years and they consistently choose his least iconic shit.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Subscriber

The suit on the left is goddamn sexy. Like, I would wear it.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

WTF is it with the 50 different spidey suits? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any other superhero having this many suit designs?
It's like he's Fashionistoman.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Different suits for different universes or timelines, mixed with story arcs.

such armored spider suit, iron spider suit, venom, scarlet spider suit when spiderman was cloned, such a long running character is bound to have crazy suits especially with how nuts marvel is about the different worlds and universes.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:01 AM   #7
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

I really need to get back to "Spider-Man". It looks phenomenal (makes my PS4 Pro scream like no other game did before), but I got sidetracked by "Yakuza Kiwami 2". And now "Forza Horizon 4"... which only made me remember how great "Forza Motorsport 7" was, so I got back into that. And then there's "Dragon Quest XI", which is a silent, slightly accusing reminder that I finished neither "Dragon Quest Builders" nor "Final Fantasy XV" or "Persona 5".

Sorry, where were we? Ah, yes, Spidey suits. Personally, I appreciate that they're there, and they certainly look cool (for the most part), but I lament the way they're acquired. I believe constumes should be handed to the player
a) as part of the storyline,
b) as a reward for beating a particular challenge/quest,
c) after finishing the game (Captain Universe suit with flight powers), or they should be
d) simply hidden somewhere in the game, for the player to find.

This whole crafting thing makes them more of a chore than a reward in my opinion (many games do this nowadays), and most of their abilities are simply not worth the hassle.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I do wonder why they keep avoiding the classic pre-venom black suit. That is one of the best ones ever created and really the only suit he actually wore for any time in the comics other than his original suit.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I do wonder why they keep avoiding the classic pre-venom black suit. That is one of the best ones ever created and really the only suit he actually wore for any time in the comics other than his original suit.
There's a very, very specific reason for why the black suit isn't in the game. Not only did Insomniac state that the entire black suit storyline is too big and/or important to cram into this first game...but the ending teases certain things that I won't go into any further.

Beat the game, sit through the credits and you'll understand why the black suit isn't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
WTF is it with the 50 different spidey suits? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any other superhero having this many suit designs?
It's like he's Fashionistoman.
He's had a ton of costumes over the years, but they typically don't stick around very long. This doesn't even count all of the alternate versions, like 2099, the two Scarlet Spiders, or Noir.
They're typically situational, like the armored ones - used for when he lost his Spidey Sense, or when he had to take on the Sinister Six - or the Stealth/Big Time suit. He inevitably goes back to his standard garb, but will bust out something new if the situation calls for it.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #10
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
I believe constumes should be handed to the player
a) as part of the storyline,
b) as a reward for beating a particular challenge/quest,
c) after finishing the game (Captain Universe suit with flight powers), or they should be
d) simply hidden somewhere in the game, for the player to find.

This whole crafting thing makes them more of a chore than a reward in my opinion (many games do this nowadays), and most of their abilities are simply not worth the hassle.
When you think about it, the suits are unlocked, as you described. You are not able to make a suit unless you have accomplished specific goals. So instead of the game giving you a suit explicitly (the game still does, such as the one you get for completing the Black Cat side mission, the first real costume after fighting Fisk and the two end-game costumes), you have a choice as to which suit you will want to unlock and wear.

Even if you do not like that type of system, at least Insomniac was smart enough to make the suit powers transferable, so you can use the suits power on any other suit. It makes selecting the look you want with the power you want all that much easier.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Even if you do not like that type of system, at least Insomniac was smart enough to make the suit powers transferable, so you can use the suits power on any other suit. It makes selecting the look you want with the power you want all that much easier.
Yeah, that was the best decision they could have made. I'm glad they didn't permanently tie specific powers to specific suits; it's nice being able to use whatever suit ability you want with any of the costumes.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #12
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There's a very, very specific reason for why the black suit isn't in the game. Not only did Insomniac state that the entire black suit storyline is too big and/or important to cram into this first game...but the ending teases certain things that I won't go into any further.

Beat the game, sit through the credits and you'll understand why the black suit isn't available.
People keep saying this but I don't get why that stops them from adding it. All the suits are superfluous and have no anchor in the story outside of maybe the first 3.

I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive. You could have a black suit in the game for those who want it and then actually make a storyline game featuring a much more fleshed out version of the same suit.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #13
LostToys
Evil Dead

Because then it deprives Spider-Man of collecting a costume or assuming an identity if you allow for it in the current game if the future game is designed to tell a story that will involve such a suit. There are plenty of suit options, something like 50 after the DLCs are released, so it is not like there is not a suit out there that will become an instant favorite by the player.

Personally, I chose the Black Cat outfit I got for finding all Black Cat stakeout locations.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #14
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Because then it deprives Spider-Man of collecting a costume or assuming an identity if you allow for it in the current game if the future game is designed to tell a story that will involve such a suit. There are plenty of suit options, something like 50 after the DLCs are released, so it is not like there is not a suit out there that will become an instant favorite by the player.

Personally, I chose the Black Cat outfit I got for finding all Black Cat stakeout locations.
I go back and forth between the classic Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider and the new PS4 Suit.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #15
LostToys
Evil Dead

I liked the cell shaded comic book Spider-Man. It looked absolutely bonkers when the game would switch to a cutscene with Spider-Man interacting with hyper realistic people. Like the interaction with him and Miles while Spider-Man teaches him how to punch took on a whole new level of crazy/awesome.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:26 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I don’t have that cell shaded suit yet. I think I will go and finish up the single player campaign this weekend. I don’t think I’m all that far into the game because I spend all my time just swinging around doing all the little stuff. Heh.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #17
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Insomniac need to make an Iron Man game next, featuring all 40+ Marks from Iron Man 3.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #18
NESter the Unlikely
Death Knight

ESU Suit is all you need.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:35 PM   #19
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Insomniac need to make an Iron Man game next, featuring all 40+ Marks from Iron Man 3.
Totally on board. Did you see the new one released today? I'm just wringing out the spooge towel now.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #20
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
People keep saying this but I don't get why that stops them from adding it. All the suits are superfluous and have no anchor in the story outside of maybe the first 3.

I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive. You could have a black suit in the game for those who want it and then actually make a storyline game featuring a much more fleshed out version of the same suit.
Out of all of the costumes, the black suit is the one that is tied to one of Spider-Man's most famous and beloved on again/off again villains. Insomniac doesn't want to just toss it in as an unlockable costume; they feel it deserves its day in the spotlight, because it belongs to a story they feel needs to be told (and they want to tell the Insomniac version, which looks like it could be pretty awesome).

I like the symbiote suit just as much as anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's...but I can appreciate the fact that they want to save it for the inevitable sequel. With the post-credits scene they included in the current title, I can honestly say I'm glad they held off on it.

Tags
spider-man