Last post by NESter the Unlikely
Today 06:09 AM
6 Replies, 484 Views

Old 10-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

All-New Heroes and Villains are Available Today in Gears 5

Quote:
It’s been just over a month since Gears 5 celebrated its worldwide launch with Xbox Game Pass, and today we’re evolving your Gears 5 multiplayer experience with four new characters: the COG Gear, the DeeBee, the Warden and General RAAM, the ruthless Locust military leader. Every character added to Gears 5 will feature powerful multiplayer abilities to master. These new Heroes and Villains are available today and can be earned through gameplay or purchased in the in-game store.

This update also brings two new characters from Terminator Dark Fate into Gears 5 multiplayer: Grace, featuring the voice of actress Mackenzie Davis, and the deadly new Terminator model Rev-9. Grace and Rev-9 join the previously released T-800 Endoskeleton and Sarah, voiced by none other than Linda Hamilton, in anticipation of the film’s worldwide theatrical release on November 1.

These new characters will certainly make their presence known on the battlefield. Each one brings powerful abilities to Versus Arcade to suit your playstyle; so whether your style favors the aggression of RAAM, the tactical advantage of the DeeBees or Grace’s explosive skillset, each new character offers a different way to flex your competitive muscle. In Escape and Horde, both the COG Gear and Grace bring new abilities and cards that will change how you build your team.

The COG Gear, the DeeBee, the Warden or RAAM are earnable through gameplay or available for purchase for 500 Iron each. Terminator Dark Fate are available together as a character pack for $19.99 USD; and if you didn’t get Sarah Connor (voiced by the legendary Linda Hamilton) and the T-800 Endoskeleton already, you can purchase them as a character pack for $19.99 USD as well. All characters will be available at 12:00 p.m. PT today.
Xbox Wire.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Gear of War Multiplayer is a more toxic hive of scum and villainy than Moss Eisley. I would never partake, much less spend hard earned currency to try and figure out which of these was OP enough to have a few minutes of fun before shotty roll came back.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Yeah let me finish Gears of War 3 first. Then Judgement. Then 4. Then I'll get to this.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:20 AM   #4
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I got into the "Xcloud" beta. I was playing Gears 5 and Halo 5 at work on my break. On my phone. It worked pretty flawlessly. It's the type of thing that makes you feel like we're "in the future." Full HD 60fps AAA games, playing with a controller on a phone with no console in sight. Really cool.

I can see myself using this quite often; I work in an ATC tower, and get around 2 hours worth of breaks per day, sometimes more. 10 years ago I would bring my Xbox 360 or PS3 to work in my "Gaems" suitcase. 8 years ago I would bring my $1500+ gaming laptop to work. Sometimes I'd bring a 3DS or Vita, more recently the Nintendo Switch. I've always been chasing the easiest way to play games while on these long breaks. This is just badass, can't wait until they add more games, but for now, I'll be playing a bunch more Gears 5 and Halo at work. On my phone, ha!

Go here to sign up to get in the beta!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:54 AM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
I got into the "Xcloud" beta. I was playing Gears 5 and Halo 5 at work on my break. On my phone. It worked pretty flawlessly. It's the type of thing that makes you feel like we're "in the future." Full HD 60fps AAA games, playing with a controller on a phone with no console in sight. Really cool.

I can see myself using this quite often; I work in an ATC tower, and get around 2 hours worth of breaks per day, sometimes more. 10 years ago I would bring my Xbox 360 or PS3 to work in my "Gaems" suitcase. 8 years ago I would bring my $1500+ gaming laptop to work. Sometimes I'd bring a 3DS or Vita, more recently the Nintendo Switch. I've always been chasing the easiest way to play games while on these long breaks. This is just badass, can't wait until they add more games, but for now, I'll be playing a bunch more Gears 5 and Halo at work. On my phone, ha!

Go here to sign up to get in the beta!
This is the concept behind Google Stadia as well. Of course you have to pay a fee... and still buy your games.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I played a little of Gears 5, and the best thing I can say is that it frees up a lot of space when you uninstall it.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I played a little of Gears 5, and the best thing I can say is that it frees up a lot of space when you uninstall it.
HaHa. That was my feeling with Gears of War 4 for sure. I'm not that far into the campaign for Gears 5, but I can say that I really don't give a rats behind about "Kat".

This series needs to be about Marcus, Dom and Cole. I think they should just do the "reboot" and kinda forget about all the stuff that has happened up to date and give us another Gears game set around the time of the first game.

Everything doesn't have to be a sequel. It's a game, it should be about shooting Locust. Not the "swarm" or DeeBee's or whatever other dumbed-down enemies they want to give us.

Bring back the enemies that were fun to fight. General Raam, tickers, Locust Snipers, etc. Even those annoying flying teeth that they stole from Pitch Black.

Tags
gears of war 5