Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:21 AM
4 Replies, 896 Views

Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Free DLC Content for Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition Available Now

Quote:
New FREE content for Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition including a whole new map

Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition expands today with the Infested Mines DLC, available free to all players on PC, with the PS4 version coming soon, also for free. Included in the massive update is a new map, Infested Mines, playable in Solo Special Missions and Multiplayer Co-op. With more verticality than any other map, these twisting underground caverns and corridors strike a balance between terrifying claustrophobia and wide-open battlefields.

This brings the total multiplayer map count of the game to eight, each with a massive amount of replayability on different difficulties and with various squad compositions. With improvements made to the general balance of the game as well as specific issues with AI Terminator team-mates, single-player and multiplayer games are improved substantially.

Also included in this update is the ability to turn off the HUD. This can give an additional level of difficulty and realistic feel to the fighting, as well as being the perfect way to make your own fantastic screenshots. On top of that is a raft of bug fixes and tweaks to keep the game running smoothly.

The update is going live today on PC. The Infested Mines DLC will be available through the Steam platform using the DLC menu on the game page. For the occasion, Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition will benefit from a 50% off discount on Steam until August 19.

Both the map and update will come to PS4 very soon, including adding additional customisation items to PS4 that are already available on PC with the free DLC Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition is available now on PC and PlayStation 4. The Infested Mines update is available today on PC and soon on PS4.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Been wanting to play this since it was announced. But honestly, given what I played of the beta, and what people say, it's just not worth it.

I was excited when they announced an enhanced edition thinking "Maybe now's the time!", but everything I've heard is little has improved.

Anyone have any experience with it?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Vulture
Evil Dead

I went and ahead still bought it after playing the Beta, and these extra releases never fixed the core problem of a clunky game with brain dead companions , aiming glitches, etc. I retried just last week with a save and still saw the same in game problems from launch.
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Yah that's what I hear. The lack of AI companions even doing things in the most basic way is what's really putting me off. Well that and I hear there are no AI companions to fill in empty slots in multi?

The playerbase doesn't seem healthy enough to not have AI fill in empty slots, and even if they did if the AI can't function properly then it's a waste anyways.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
Skunk
Evil Dead

Bought it when it was 50% off and I have to say it's worth it at $20. At least for me it was.

I haven't touched it much past the first mission, but that's more because of my work schedule and huge log of "gotta play one match" skinner box games I have than anything else. AI was pretty dumb but you can make it work since you issue commands. Seems like if you're smart with positioning it's not too bad since all they need to do is face direction and fire/melee.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
space hulk deathwing