5 Replies, 2,361 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Aquaman Movie Delayed Until December 2018

The Hollywood Reporter has the story.

Quote:
Aquaman will be swimming into theaters a little later than originally planned.

The DC/Warner Bros. film is moving from Oct. 5, 2018, to the middle of holiday season, Dec. 21, 2018. It will open in 3D.

Aquaman is moving into a slot that is currently still occupied by an untitled Fox film from James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment that was presumably being held for Avatar 2; however, that pic has not yet been given an official release date. Last week, Cameron said Avatar 2 would no longer be released in 2018 as expected.

Dec. 21, 2018, could now be the site of a DC vs. Marvel showdown. Sony Animation's Spider-Man movie, starring the character Miles Morales, is also set for that date. The closest the two comic book companies have come to a head-on box-office collision came when, for a time, the films that would become Captain America: Civil War and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice were both set for May 6, 2016. Marvel had initially staked out the date with an untitled film, and Warner Bros. moved their Batman-Superman showdown to the same date. Eventually, Warners moved BvS earlier to March.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
firecut
Evil Dead

I have absolutely zero interest in this. The look of Aquaman is just not what I want to see. I will also add that I am getting rather tire of the entire Superhero (and people with "powers") movies.
firecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Word is also out there that Warner Bros. is looking for another unannounced DC Hero film to fill the slot on the now-delayed Aquaman. I will be curious to see if they can turn a decent project around in a year to fill that opening after The Flash has been delayed & dropped several times.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Word is also out there that Warner Bros. is looking for another unannounced DC Hero film to fill the slot on the now-delayed Aquaman. I will be curious to see if they can turn a decent project around in a year to fill that opening after The Flash has been delayed & dropped several times.
I heard that they wanted to move to December to get out of the way of all the endless Disney films, and they haven't announced a Star Wars for that December (yet).

As for the unannounced film I've heard a lot of rumblings about an Armie Hammer Nightwing movie and that he'll possibly become Batman later when Affleck's contract ends.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
I heard that they wanted to move to December to get out of the way of all the endless Disney films, and they haven't announced a Star Wars for that December (yet).
Yeah, it seems like Disney is going to be shifting Star Wars back to the Summer at some point; its rumored that Ep10 will be back in the May-ish area.

As much as I love Star Wars during the summer, I actually kind of like it in December. After LotR and The Hobbit trilogies and the two Star Wars films, I enjoy having a big tentpole film at the end of the year. It's kind of nice to be able to get out of the bustle of the Summer movie season and still have a major film to look forward to.

Quote:
As for the unannounced film I've heard a lot of rumblings about an Armie Hammer Nightwing movie and that he'll possibly become Batman later when Affleck's contract ends.
I'd love to see this arch...but, it feels like it's going to be rushed, just like very other aspect of DC's cinematic universe. It was painfully obvious they were trying to play catch-up with BvS, I wish they had opted for the long game and emulated what Marvel did. Sure, it would take longer for the Avengers-style crossover in Justice League...but they would have been doing things right.

I'd be all sorts of excited to see Nightwing and his "ascension" to the role of Batman...but, they're going to rush it and spoil a golden opportunity for some awesome films.

This was actually my favorite period in the Batman comics over the past decade; they did such a good job and I loved the dynamic between Dick and Damien as Batman and Robin. I actually stopped reading once they brought Bruce back; Dick had truly come into his own as Batman and I felt like it was becoming something interesting and special...until they hit the big ol' Reset Button and brought Bruce back to life.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
Azzy
Cthulian

At least DC is staying timely with the IPs that nobody gives a shit about.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 AM   #7
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
At least DC is staying timely with the IPs that nobody gives a shit about.
Next up, Cyborg! I can't wait for a bunch of people in line to be interviewed by a late night show, having no idea it's a comic book film. The only problem, of course, is the idea of anyone being in line to see a film about Cyborg.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #8
GinRummy
Evil Dead

Didn't they film the few non-CGI scenes for this a year or two ago? I guess filling up the other 110 minutes is just computer grunt work.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

I can't wait... to ignore this movie completely. Sorry but I just can't.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Next up, Cyborg! I can't wait for a bunch of people in line to be interviewed by a late night show, having no idea it's a comic book film. The only problem, of course, is the idea of anyone being in line to see a film about Cyborg.
Totally agree. DC needs to get moving on the characters people want to see and ignore the ones that we don't. The Flash could be great, instead we are getting Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg. Meh.

I know I'll be a broken record here, but given the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, I would totally be doing Legion of Super Heroes if I was Warner Bros. It has the most potential for a big budget Sci Fi epic to compete with Guardians.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I wonder if at this point they shouldn't do more villains focused vehicles. Their heroes just aren't doing it for DC. Instead of the JLA let's go against marvel and their heroes flesh out the rogues gallery.

A Joker/Harley movie for example might be a real winner even if they have to change them to be an anti-hero at the end to make it palatable to a wider audience.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Average movie script is 89 to 120 pages of script. Double spaced. You are talking about something like 50 real pages of actual writing. I could knock out a new super hero movie I a week and a half and it would probably carry more emotional weight than Doctor Strange or the last two Avengers movies.

Anyone know someone at WB we can call? I would love to bring the Legion to Life for DC and totally blow Guardians of the Galaxy out of the water. The GotG are all shallow, the bar just isn't that height.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 AM   #13
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Always in the minority here as usual, but I'm really looking forward to Aquaman. A James Wan take already has my interested, and after reading Geoff Johns New 52 Aquaman awhile back, I'm all in. Could suck. Probably won't.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 AM   #14
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
I could knock out a new super hero movie I a week and a half and it would probably carry more emotional weight than Doctor Strange or the last two Avengers movies.

Anyone know someone at WB we can call? I would love to bring the Legion to Life for DC and totally blow Guardians of the Galaxy out of the water. The GotG are all shallow, the bar just isn't that height.
Well, put your money where your mouth is and get it done. Sounds like a lot of hot air to me...
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #15
Azzy
Cthulian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I wonder if at this point they shouldn't do more villains focused vehicles. Their heroes just aren't doing it for DC.
Now this is what they should do. Bats is the only hero in the dc-verse that I've ever cared about. It probably helped that he rarely had anything to do with the rest of those weirdos. DC superheroes are like those cereals that come in the huge bags rather than the shiny boxes, they might still be colorful and shit but they just don't do it.
Their good villains however always seemed just a liiitle edgier, more adult. Hell, one of them is the president now, that's scary shit.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #16
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
I know I'll be a broken record here, but given the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, I would totally be doing Legion of Super Heroes if I was Warner Bros. It has the most potential for a big budget Sci Fi epic to compete with Guardians.
Man, anything but Legion of Superheroes. Wish DC would seal that IP away in an underground bunker somewhere and just forget about it. The only thing they're good for is ruining solid books with pages and pages of nonsense sci-fi babble and deus ex machina. If DC has to resort to shallow time travel shenanigans this early into the DCCU, they might as well go ahead and shelve it.

Tags
aquaman, dc comics, warner bros.