3 Replies, 303 Views
» Promotion

Old 03-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #21
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
That's a pretty tan Asian.
No it's not. My wife, who is Vietnamese, is more tan than that.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #22
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Feel free to be the judge.
Wow, the character models in this game suck. Also, wow...after sending at least one of the racists who worked on this game packing, they appear to have patched in the skin color he didn't like! I'd pat them on the back if they weren't still driven by the same hatred as before.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #23
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Yup, the character creator is pretty bad. The default male I don't mind at all, but anything is better than the default female lol.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #24
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Also since when do we care about reviews?
That is exactly too many people on this site. If a game gets all 9's and 10's; it is because the reviewer was paid off. If a game gets mostly 7's and 8's; it is a complete piece of shit. Not to mention many of these people were never interested in the game in the first place; and just like to jump on the bandwagon. I know who you are.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #25
brandonjclark
Subscriber

If someone would release the face of the real model as a patch, I'd play it.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #26
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
That is exactly too many people on this site. If a game gets all 9's and 10's; it is because the reviewer was paid off. If a game gets mostly 7's and 8's; it is a complete piece of shit. Not to mention many of these people were never interested in the game in the first place; and just like to jump on the bandwagon. I know who you are.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #27
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Lol no guys, don't trust the reviews or word of mouth, you weren't going to buy it anyway. Entitled gamers.

ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #28
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

I've been playing since 9pm. So far I've mostly been exploring a planet, shooting bad guy aliens, and leveling up. Also I created a white male character. Idk, it all feels like Mass Effect to me. Haven't had any technical issues either on Xbox.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #29
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
I know who you are.
LOL. This part literally made me laugh out loud. Whatever you say internet tough guy and defender of the poor little rich multi-million dollar video game companies.

I don't believe anyone here who is critical of games is emotionally attached to them. At least not as obvious as the few white knights.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:01 AM   #30
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Well, it's almost 5am here, and I've got to get some sleep soon. I've been playing this game since it released at 9pm 3/20 PDT.

I played a few matches of MP, and several hours of SP.

I am sensitive to SJW crap and all that modern BS. I hate it and avoid it and try to not spend my $$$ on it. I like what I like, and will not apologize nor move an inch to make some internet SJW happy.

Well, at least so far in these first several hours, I haven't seen anything to annoy me. It's just been a fun game. I played the first trilogy almost a full 3 times; I really liked it. It was one of, if not my favorite, franchises of the last gen.

This feels like a natural progression. I was looking at this game like it was the first game of a new company. I assumed there was pretty much no one left from the prior games' staff making this one. I was looking at it as a new franchise inspired by the old games.

Well, it feels like a sequel. So far anyways. I really like what I'm playing. Although I will say there is no one that I'm interested in having a romance with. So far everyone is meh in that aspect, but I know I haven't even finished the prologue stuff yet, so we'll see.

Anyways, so far, so good.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 AM   #31
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

I'll try to update this thread or any new ones with my thoughts. I have no biases; if the game sucks, then I'll say so. I'm not getting paid to say otherwise, and I don't want anyone to buy it if it sucks. I'll tell you if there's any BS. I've heard there's some trans and gay stuff in it. I saw a thread on NeoGAF complaining that you can't get a certain achievement in you want to be a gay character. {btw fk typing while drinking}

I saw a thread complaining that there's an achievement for romancing 3 people, but if you choose to be a gay male, you can only romance 2 dudes. So if you're gay you have to be bi to get the achievement.

wtf ever. I'll care when I'm dead.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:11 AM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

What a bummer this game flopped pretty hard compared to expectations and previous entries in the series. I personally love ME 1-3. Yes, I didn't even mind the ME3 ending. Will anything knock Zelda off for Game of the Year? Maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 or Mario Odyssey. Or Last of Us part II if it comes out this year, which is unlikely.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 AM   #33
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
What a bummer this game flopped pretty hard compared to expectations and previous entries. Will anything knock Zelda off for Game of the Year? Maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 or Mario Odyssey. Or Last of Us part II if it comes out this year, which is unlikely.
Well it sure flopped critically, for what that's worth (nothing).

Zelda is amazing; I love it. There is a dark horse in the new Assassin's Creed. We haven't seen anything yet, and based off the last couple I wouldn't fault you for assuming it's meh, but I'm hoping it'll be good. They skipped last year, so let's see if that paid off at all.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:21 AM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Well it sure flopped critically, for what that's worth (nothing).

Zelda is amazing; I love it. There is a dark horse in the new Assassin's Creed. We haven't seen anything yet, and based off the last couple I wouldn't fault you for assuming it's meh, but I'm hoping it'll be good. They skipped last year, so let's see if that paid off at all.
Yah, I'm going to try it anyway. The series has enough very high quality entries to earn enough points with me to buy it and see it for myself - even if opinions are mixed, and form my own opinion.

Zelda is pretty amazing, I think open world games will have a tough go beating that out, but I do really hope Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft find a way to do something new and invigorate the franchise, and improve the way they do open world games. I'm admittedly a bit sour on the IP at this point, but if they produce something great, I'm going to play it. A year off was a good idea. Maybe it was enough time to refocus.

Great year, either way, as far as games go. I still have to get back to Torment: Tides of Numenera. Red Dead 2 coming, and a lot of other games that could really surprise. Vampyr, Sea of Thieves, etc.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #35
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Why does GOTY have to be a sequel? It's only March. Is nothing else with promise coming out the rest of 2017 that isn't already a franchise?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Why does GOTY have to be a sequel? It's only March. Is nothing else with promise coming out the rest of 2017 that isn't already a franchise?
Yah, no, I completely agree. I listed 2 above. Vampyr and Sea of Thieves are getting pretty promising attention, and could be pretty massive sleeper hits. Just saying, its shaping up to be a pretty great year as far as games go. Even if MEA disappoints some people. (still going to try it for myself at some point this year)
Old 03-21-2017, 05:34 AM   #37
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Yah, I'm going to try it anyway. The series has enough very high quality entries to earn enough points with me to buy it and see it for myself - even if opinions are mixed, and form my own opinion.
Dude, that's the best thing I may have ever read here. "buy it and see it for myself"...I know that takes courage and also budget concerns; but I feel making your own independent educated opinion based on physical experience is the best way to have an opinion worth listening to.

Not everyone can do it easily, but I always prefer to hear the opinions of someone who has played something for themselves (that they paid for) and given it a fair shake to a reviewer or random commenter on the internet.

I have liked many games that have been bandwagon-hated or reviewed less than a 7/10. People are too varied and have their own baggage to go with their opinion. I can't take the "hivemind" as gospel. If I did I'd be in church every Sunday and never drink or watch rated R movies.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #38
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I'm always a try for myself kind of guy, and that's what I'll be doing when I get off work today, go home and play Mass Effect. I liked what I played so far, which was really only multi, and I'm sure the single player will be a great experience like it has been in the past.

When it comes to reviews, I put little stock in them. I always like to bring up Guilty Gear 2 (panned by critics and fans alike) as I happen to think it was a great game.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #39
Orphiuchus
Evil Dead

The whole "You can fuck anybody!" thing has gone beyond cringe at this point.

Beyond all of the other shit, its just not engaging character development.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:45 AM   #40
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphiuchus View Post
The whole "You can fuck anybody!" thing has gone beyond cringe at this point.

Beyond all of the other shit, its just not engaging character development.
I didn't mind that stuff in Witcher 2 because it's part of the character. The games are kinda tame when Geralt rails almost anything on two legs in the books. Bioware romances come across as if designed by an awkward teenage virgin who jacks it to an old Sears catalogue.

Tags
bioware, ea games, mass effect andromeda, mass effect: andromeda