Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Star Wars: The Last Jedi...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Today 07:16 PM
4 Replies, 617 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by blackzc
Today 05:59 PM
12 Replies, 533 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by blackzc
Today 05:58 PM
14 Replies, 624 Views
Destiny 2 Faction...
Last post by PacerDawn
Today 04:47 PM
15 Replies, 1,007 Views
Gamer's Shopping Guide,...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 01:48 PM
5 Replies, 1,990 Views
PlayerUnknown's...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Today 12:11 PM
14 Replies, 1,310 Views
Ron Howard Tweets a Han...
Last post by Skunk
Today 09:53 AM
7 Replies, 649 Views
1922 Trailer: Thomas...
Last post by Terran
Today 04:59 AM
3 Replies, 293 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
Hellstorm
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,944
According the NPD, console sales growth for April was up solely due to the Switch. The number 2 selling console was the NES-Mini.

And now we got Twinelle blowing up the net!
__________________
"Downward F#%king Dog!!!"
"Some people F%#k at funerals. I cut off heads."
--The Wisdom of Travis Touchdown
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I'd easily argue the opposite. Who would honestly buy an inferior version of NBA2k18, where you're stuck to your living room TV playing it. Suckers. They're born every minute.

The numbers are already starting to prove you wrong. I'll continue to meet you right here over the next 8 months. I wonder who will get the last laugh. Gee, I have no idea, it's going to be too close to call. I can't even. guess. who. will. get the last laugh. Time will tell.
Lol bro fuck your mobile, the thing doesn't even have basic tablet functionality. If you honestly think this pos is going to magically sell more units over all than the other 2, even with the Scorpio around the corner, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 AM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol bro fuck your mobile, the thing doesn't even have basic tablet functionality. If you honestly think this pos is going to magically sell more units over all than the other 2, even with the Scorpio around the corner, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.
lol bro fuck your PS4, the thing doesn't even have basic PC functionality.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
lol bro fuck your PS4, the thing doesn't even have basic PC functionality.
Really because last I checked it had a web browser and most streaming services. Does your shitty 400 dollar Nintendo branded tablet?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Really because last I checked it had a web browser and most streaming services. Does your shitty 400 dollar Nintendo branded tablet?
If you actually use the PS4 web browser, I'm sorry. Netflix is most likely coming in a later update, which is fine. I bought it to, y'know...play games. If I want to watch Netflix, I can do it on my toaster. Shit's on everything, now.

The fact of the matter is you're bagging on the Switch for being a half-assed tablet, when the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If you actually use the PS4 web browser, I'm sorry. Netflix is most likely coming in a later update, which is fine. I bought it to, y'know...play games. If I want to watch Netflix, I can do it on my toaster. Shit's on everything, now.

The fact of the matter is you're bagging on the Switch for being a half-assed tablet, when the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
Obviously who would, but it has more PC functionality than the Switch. That was my point. I found your comment somewhat odd if you were somehow trying to defend Nintendo. We actually use our PS4 for Netflix quite a bit since it's fairly easier than using screen mirroring. I much rather watch shows on our 48 inch tv than on either of our tablets. Fact of the matter is the Switch currently IS a half assed tablet. With far less power or capabilities of it's competition. If you're into mobile gaming I can see the draw, but I have a phone and tablet, I don't need a mobile console as well especially since I grew out of Nintendo's IP many years ago. Mario and Zelda just doesn't do it for me like they did when was 7.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Obviously who would, but it has more PC functionality than the Switch. That was my point. I found your comment somewhat odd if you were somehow trying to defend Nintendo. We actually use our PS4 for Netflix quite a bit since it's fairly easier than using screen mirroring. I much rather watch shows on our 48 inch tv than on either of our tablets. Fact of the matter is the Switch currently IS a half assed tablet. With far less power or capabilities of it's competition. If you're into mobile gaming I can see the draw, but I have a phone and tablet, I don't need a mobile console as well especially since I grew out of Nintendo's IP many years ago. Mario and Zelda just doesn't do it for me like they did when was 7.
Here's why I don't give a shit about my phone or tablet when it comes to gaming; all of the games are, more or less, absolutely terrible. Name one decent title and I can show you 15 terrible ones, all from the top Google Play list. Most mobile games are garbage, which is why I liked having a 3DS and now a Switch.

You keep bringing up the lack of Netflix/Hulu/other flavors of streaming services on the Switch...but, I guarantee the vast majority of people who own it already have a myriad of devices capable of accessing those services. I don't need the Switch to offer those services, because I've got three other devices hooked up to the same TV that can access everything. So the Switch doesn't have a web browser or a Netflix app; who actually fucking cares?

I bought the Switch because I can disconnect it from my TV and still continue playing. I don't necessarily even care that I can take it with me; I just like being able to play Mario Kart - or whatever I happen to be playing - while we've got something else going on with the TV. I don't care that it's not as powerful as my PS4/Xbox One/PC, because that's not why I bought the fucking thing in the first place. It enables me to play games I want to play, anywhere I want to play them. If I want maximum graphical fidelity, I'll hop on my PC. If I want to play in the living room, I'll flip a coin and buy the PS4/One version. If it's also available on the Switch, I'll additionally factor in the ability to continue playing regardless of what is happening with the TV.

Also, we know. You're too cool for school and don't like Nintendo's IP; you only bring it up in every single thread. You're worse than a vegan.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Here's why I don't give a shit about my phone or tablet when it comes to gaming; all of the games are, more or less, absolutely terrible. Name one decent title and I can show you 15 terrible ones, all from the top Google Play list. Most mobile games are garbage, which is why I liked having a 3DS and now a Switch.

You keep bringing up the lack of Netflix/Hulu/other flavors of streaming services on the Switch...but, I guarantee the vast majority of people who own it already have a myriad of devices capable of accessing those services. I don't need the Switch to offer those services, because I've got three other devices hooked up to the same TV that can access everything. So the Switch doesn't have a web browser or a Netflix app; who actually fucking cares?

I bought the Switch because I can disconnect it from my TV and still continue playing. I don't necessarily even care that I can take it with me; I just like being able to play Mario Kart - or whatever I happen to be playing - while we've got something else going on with the TV. I don't care that it's not as powerful as my PS4/Xbox One/PC, because that's not why I bought the fucking thing in the first place. It enables me to play games I want to play, anywhere I want to play them. If I want maximum graphical fidelity, I'll hop on my PC. If I want to play in the living room, I'll flip a coin and buy the PS4/One version. If it's also available on the Switch, I'll additionally factor in the ability to continue playing regardless of what is happening with the TV.

Also, we know. You're too cool for school and don't like Nintendo's IP; you only bring it up in every single thread. You're worse than a vegan.
Like I've said to you before Chimpy, no one is telling you not to like Nintendo's IP, at the same time you're going to just have to deal with those who don't. People have different prerogatives when it comes to games. At a 400 dollar price point I want power and as close to cutting edge in visuals, you and the rest of the zealots don't, you just want the same ol tired mario platformers.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Like I've said to you before Chimpy, no one is telling you not to like Nintendo's IP, at the same time you're going to just have to deal with those who don't. People have different prerogatives when it comes to games. At a 400 dollar price point I want power and as close to cutting edge in visuals, you and the rest of the zealots don't, you just want the same ol tired mario platformers.
I guess you'll just never get it through your thick skull that I didn't buy a Switch just for the Nintendo IP or for straight power. Also, it's a $300 machine; if you're going to bash the price point, at least get it right.

I bought the device for it's overall flexibility. If I want straight power, I'd use one of the other three devices I've got. How many times do I need to repeat this before you actually understand?

Frankly, I don't care whether or not you love or hate anything from Nintendo. It doesn't matter to me in the least. What gets annoying is how you flaunt it and wear it on your sleeve, proudly proclaiming it at every possible moment. You're the Vegan of video gaming. We get it; you don't need to reaffirm your distaste for Nintendo in every single thread, lest we forget and assume you might actually almost like them at this particular junction.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I guess you'll just never get it through your thick skull that I didn't buy a Switch just for the Nintendo IP or for straight power. Also, it's a $300 machine; if you're going to bash the price point, at least get it right.

I bought the device for it's overall flexibility. If I want straight power, I'd use one of the other three devices I've got. How many times do I need to repeat this before you actually understand?

Frankly, I don't care whether or not you love or hate anything from Nintendo. It doesn't matter to me in the least. What gets annoying is how you flaunt it and wear it on your sleeve, proudly proclaiming it at every possible moment. You're the Vegan of video gaming. We get it; you don't need to reaffirm your distaste for Nintendo in every single thread, lest we forget and assume you might actually almost like them at this particular junction.
Get used to it, I'm not going to censor myself just because poor little Chimpy doesn't like it. What exactly is a vegan of video games btw? Is it someone that doesn't want to play shitty looking games with archaic 90's gameplay like mario kart and a tired old mario platformer or titles aimed at kids like Splatoon? Or perhaps it's someone with no interest in scaled down ports of PS4 titles like NBA 2k or scaled down 7 year old PC games like Skyrim.

Personally those who want that type of experience seem more vegan if you want to settle for shit visuals and 30 fps when there's better options available.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Get used to it, I'm not going to censor myself just because poor little Chimpy doesn't like it. What exactly is a vegan of video games btw? Is it someone that doesn't want to play shitty looking games with archaic 90's gameplay like mario kart and a tired old mario platformer or titles aimed at kids like Splatoon? Or perhaps it's someone with no interest in scaled down ports of PS4 titles like NBA 2k or scaled down 7 year old PC games like Skyrim.

Personally those who want that type of experience seem more vegan if you want to settle for shit visuals and 30 fps when there's better options available.
You know the addage about Vegans always telling everyone they're vegan? That's what you do, only with hating Nintendo.

I'm not asking you to censor yourself, but endlessly repeating the same shit in every single thread does absolutely nothing. You're a broken record; you repeat the same tired shit, only to move onto the next Nintendo thread to repeat the same shit. When you're not repeating yourself, you're just making up bullshit in an attempt to support your position.

You just can't get it through your head that most people are using the Switch as a companion device. It's there to complement the other devices I have, not replace them. Using your logic, there's really no need for a PS4 because it's significantly underpowered compared to my PC.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #32
Hellstorm
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
And AMD chips to boot! Lol.
__________________
"Downward F#%king Dog!!!"
"Some people F%#k at funerals. I cut off heads."
--The Wisdom of Travis Touchdown
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
And AMD chips to boot! Lol.
And still more powerful than the Switch lol! So desperate the Nintendo defensive front. So desperate.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:29 AM   #34
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
And still more powerful than the Switch lol! So desperate the Nintendo defensive front. So desperate.
Is it really desperation when everyone readily admits and acknowledges that it's not the most powerful device on the market?

It's not my fault you have a double standard.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #35
TafJaf
Subscriber
 
TafJaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 110
Hey guys, remember Sony All-Stars and their "prolific" IPs. They didn't even get Snake, Cloud, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Pac Man, Sonic, and etc. to even appear in that game even though they had games on the Playstation before. It seems like every major dev out there RESPECTS Nintendo and willing to work with them or something.
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #36
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TafJaf View Post
Hey guys, remember Sony All-Stars and their "prolific" IPs. They didn't even get Snake, Cloud, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Pac Man, Sonic, and etc. to even appear in that game even though they had games on the Playstation before. It seems like every major dev out there RESPECTS Nintendo and willing to work with them or something.
Something something underpowered blah blah blah seven-year-olds.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Something something underpowered blah blah blah seven-year-olds.
Such a little whiny baby
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #38
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Such a little whiny baby
When in doubt, resort to baseless character attacks!

(Also, I'm Independent.)

__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
When in doubt, resort to baseless character attacks!

(Also, I'm Independent.)

Of course you are, you're so independent that you side with the left 10 out
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #40
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Of course you are, you're so independent that you side with the left 10 out
Except for when I don't, which is often enough. You like to say I side with the Left, though...but you're never able to provide concrete examples.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mario kart 8 deluxe, nintendo, nintendo switch, switch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 PM.