1922 Trailer: Thomas...
Last post by Terran
Today 04:59 AM
3 Replies, 293 Views
» Promotion

Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

According the NPD, console sales growth for April was up solely due to the Switch. The number 2 selling console was the NES-Mini.

And now we got Twinelle blowing up the net!
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I'd easily argue the opposite. Who would honestly buy an inferior version of NBA2k18, where you're stuck to your living room TV playing it. Suckers. They're born every minute.

The numbers are already starting to prove you wrong. I'll continue to meet you right here over the next 8 months. I wonder who will get the last laugh. Gee, I have no idea, it's going to be too close to call. I can't even. guess. who. will. get the last laugh. Time will tell.
Lol bro fuck your mobile, the thing doesn't even have basic tablet functionality. If you honestly think this pos is going to magically sell more units over all than the other 2, even with the Scorpio around the corner, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:18 AM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol bro fuck your mobile, the thing doesn't even have basic tablet functionality. If you honestly think this pos is going to magically sell more units over all than the other 2, even with the Scorpio around the corner, you're dumber than I gave you credit for.
lol bro fuck your PS4, the thing doesn't even have basic PC functionality.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
lol bro fuck your PS4, the thing doesn't even have basic PC functionality.
Really because last I checked it had a web browser and most streaming services. Does your shitty 400 dollar Nintendo branded tablet?
Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Really because last I checked it had a web browser and most streaming services. Does your shitty 400 dollar Nintendo branded tablet?
If you actually use the PS4 web browser, I'm sorry. Netflix is most likely coming in a later update, which is fine. I bought it to, y'know...play games. If I want to watch Netflix, I can do it on my toaster. Shit's on everything, now.

The fact of the matter is you're bagging on the Switch for being a half-assed tablet, when the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
If you actually use the PS4 web browser, I'm sorry. Netflix is most likely coming in a later update, which is fine. I bought it to, y'know...play games. If I want to watch Netflix, I can do it on my toaster. Shit's on everything, now.

The fact of the matter is you're bagging on the Switch for being a half-assed tablet, when the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
Obviously who would, but it has more PC functionality than the Switch. That was my point. I found your comment somewhat odd if you were somehow trying to defend Nintendo. We actually use our PS4 for Netflix quite a bit since it's fairly easier than using screen mirroring. I much rather watch shows on our 48 inch tv than on either of our tablets. Fact of the matter is the Switch currently IS a half assed tablet. With far less power or capabilities of it's competition. If you're into mobile gaming I can see the draw, but I have a phone and tablet, I don't need a mobile console as well especially since I grew out of Nintendo's IP many years ago. Mario and Zelda just doesn't do it for me like they did when was 7.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Obviously who would, but it has more PC functionality than the Switch. That was my point. I found your comment somewhat odd if you were somehow trying to defend Nintendo. We actually use our PS4 for Netflix quite a bit since it's fairly easier than using screen mirroring. I much rather watch shows on our 48 inch tv than on either of our tablets. Fact of the matter is the Switch currently IS a half assed tablet. With far less power or capabilities of it's competition. If you're into mobile gaming I can see the draw, but I have a phone and tablet, I don't need a mobile console as well especially since I grew out of Nintendo's IP many years ago. Mario and Zelda just doesn't do it for me like they did when was 7.
Here's why I don't give a shit about my phone or tablet when it comes to gaming; all of the games are, more or less, absolutely terrible. Name one decent title and I can show you 15 terrible ones, all from the top Google Play list. Most mobile games are garbage, which is why I liked having a 3DS and now a Switch.

You keep bringing up the lack of Netflix/Hulu/other flavors of streaming services on the Switch...but, I guarantee the vast majority of people who own it already have a myriad of devices capable of accessing those services. I don't need the Switch to offer those services, because I've got three other devices hooked up to the same TV that can access everything. So the Switch doesn't have a web browser or a Netflix app; who actually fucking cares?

I bought the Switch because I can disconnect it from my TV and still continue playing. I don't necessarily even care that I can take it with me; I just like being able to play Mario Kart - or whatever I happen to be playing - while we've got something else going on with the TV. I don't care that it's not as powerful as my PS4/Xbox One/PC, because that's not why I bought the fucking thing in the first place. It enables me to play games I want to play, anywhere I want to play them. If I want maximum graphical fidelity, I'll hop on my PC. If I want to play in the living room, I'll flip a coin and buy the PS4/One version. If it's also available on the Switch, I'll additionally factor in the ability to continue playing regardless of what is happening with the TV.

Also, we know. You're too cool for school and don't like Nintendo's IP; you only bring it up in every single thread. You're worse than a vegan.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Here's why I don't give a shit about my phone or tablet when it comes to gaming; all of the games are, more or less, absolutely terrible. Name one decent title and I can show you 15 terrible ones, all from the top Google Play list. Most mobile games are garbage, which is why I liked having a 3DS and now a Switch.

You keep bringing up the lack of Netflix/Hulu/other flavors of streaming services on the Switch...but, I guarantee the vast majority of people who own it already have a myriad of devices capable of accessing those services. I don't need the Switch to offer those services, because I've got three other devices hooked up to the same TV that can access everything. So the Switch doesn't have a web browser or a Netflix app; who actually fucking cares?

I bought the Switch because I can disconnect it from my TV and still continue playing. I don't necessarily even care that I can take it with me; I just like being able to play Mario Kart - or whatever I happen to be playing - while we've got something else going on with the TV. I don't care that it's not as powerful as my PS4/Xbox One/PC, because that's not why I bought the fucking thing in the first place. It enables me to play games I want to play, anywhere I want to play them. If I want maximum graphical fidelity, I'll hop on my PC. If I want to play in the living room, I'll flip a coin and buy the PS4/One version. If it's also available on the Switch, I'll additionally factor in the ability to continue playing regardless of what is happening with the TV.

Also, we know. You're too cool for school and don't like Nintendo's IP; you only bring it up in every single thread. You're worse than a vegan.
Like I've said to you before Chimpy, no one is telling you not to like Nintendo's IP, at the same time you're going to just have to deal with those who don't. People have different prerogatives when it comes to games. At a 400 dollar price point I want power and as close to cutting edge in visuals, you and the rest of the zealots don't, you just want the same ol tired mario platformers.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Like I've said to you before Chimpy, no one is telling you not to like Nintendo's IP, at the same time you're going to just have to deal with those who don't. People have different prerogatives when it comes to games. At a 400 dollar price point I want power and as close to cutting edge in visuals, you and the rest of the zealots don't, you just want the same ol tired mario platformers.
I guess you'll just never get it through your thick skull that I didn't buy a Switch just for the Nintendo IP or for straight power. Also, it's a $300 machine; if you're going to bash the price point, at least get it right.

I bought the device for it's overall flexibility. If I want straight power, I'd use one of the other three devices I've got. How many times do I need to repeat this before you actually understand?

Frankly, I don't care whether or not you love or hate anything from Nintendo. It doesn't matter to me in the least. What gets annoying is how you flaunt it and wear it on your sleeve, proudly proclaiming it at every possible moment. You're the Vegan of video gaming. We get it; you don't need to reaffirm your distaste for Nintendo in every single thread, lest we forget and assume you might actually almost like them at this particular junction.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I guess you'll just never get it through your thick skull that I didn't buy a Switch just for the Nintendo IP or for straight power. Also, it's a $300 machine; if you're going to bash the price point, at least get it right.

I bought the device for it's overall flexibility. If I want straight power, I'd use one of the other three devices I've got. How many times do I need to repeat this before you actually understand?

Frankly, I don't care whether or not you love or hate anything from Nintendo. It doesn't matter to me in the least. What gets annoying is how you flaunt it and wear it on your sleeve, proudly proclaiming it at every possible moment. You're the Vegan of video gaming. We get it; you don't need to reaffirm your distaste for Nintendo in every single thread, lest we forget and assume you might actually almost like them at this particular junction.
Get used to it, I'm not going to censor myself just because poor little Chimpy doesn't like it. What exactly is a vegan of video games btw? Is it someone that doesn't want to play shitty looking games with archaic 90's gameplay like mario kart and a tired old mario platformer or titles aimed at kids like Splatoon? Or perhaps it's someone with no interest in scaled down ports of PS4 titles like NBA 2k or scaled down 7 year old PC games like Skyrim.

Personally those who want that type of experience seem more vegan if you want to settle for shit visuals and 30 fps when there's better options available.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Get used to it, I'm not going to censor myself just because poor little Chimpy doesn't like it. What exactly is a vegan of video games btw? Is it someone that doesn't want to play shitty looking games with archaic 90's gameplay like mario kart and a tired old mario platformer or titles aimed at kids like Splatoon? Or perhaps it's someone with no interest in scaled down ports of PS4 titles like NBA 2k or scaled down 7 year old PC games like Skyrim.

Personally those who want that type of experience seem more vegan if you want to settle for shit visuals and 30 fps when there's better options available.
You know the addage about Vegans always telling everyone they're vegan? That's what you do, only with hating Nintendo.

I'm not asking you to censor yourself, but endlessly repeating the same shit in every single thread does absolutely nothing. You're a broken record; you repeat the same tired shit, only to move onto the next Nintendo thread to repeat the same shit. When you're not repeating yourself, you're just making up bullshit in an attempt to support your position.

You just can't get it through your head that most people are using the Switch as a companion device. It's there to complement the other devices I have, not replace them. Using your logic, there's really no need for a PS4 because it's significantly underpowered compared to my PC.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #32
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
the PS4 is just a half-assed PC.
And AMD chips to boot! Lol.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
And AMD chips to boot! Lol.
And still more powerful than the Switch lol! So desperate the Nintendo defensive front. So desperate.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:29 AM   #34
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
And still more powerful than the Switch lol! So desperate the Nintendo defensive front. So desperate.
Is it really desperation when everyone readily admits and acknowledges that it's not the most powerful device on the market?

It's not my fault you have a double standard.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #35
TafJaf
Subscriber

Hey guys, remember Sony All-Stars and their "prolific" IPs. They didn't even get Snake, Cloud, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Pac Man, Sonic, and etc. to even appear in that game even though they had games on the Playstation before. It seems like every major dev out there RESPECTS Nintendo and willing to work with them or something.
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #36
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TafJaf View Post
Hey guys, remember Sony All-Stars and their "prolific" IPs. They didn't even get Snake, Cloud, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Pac Man, Sonic, and etc. to even appear in that game even though they had games on the Playstation before. It seems like every major dev out there RESPECTS Nintendo and willing to work with them or something.
Something something underpowered blah blah blah seven-year-olds.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Something something underpowered blah blah blah seven-year-olds.
Such a little whiny baby
Old 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #38
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Such a little whiny baby
When in doubt, resort to baseless character attacks!

(Also, I'm Independent.)

Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
When in doubt, resort to baseless character attacks!

(Also, I'm Independent.)

Of course you are, you're so independent that you side with the left 10 out
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #40
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Of course you are, you're so independent that you side with the left 10 out
Except for when I don't, which is often enough. You like to say I side with the Left, though...but you're never able to provide concrete examples.

Tags
mario kart 8 deluxe, nintendo, nintendo switch, switch