Metro Exodus goes gold,...
Last post by Azrael
Today 04:44 AM
8 Replies, 683 Views

Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Weekend Boxoffice Chart

Liam Neeson's Taken 2 has defended its box-office title with a narrow win over Ben Affleck's Argo.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of October 12th to October 14th.
  1. Taken 2 $22.5/$86.7
  2. Argo $20.1/$20.1
  3. Sinister $18.2/$18.2
  4. Hotel Transylvania $17.3/$102.1
  5. Here Comes the Boom $12.0/$12.0
  6. Pitch Perfect $9.3/$36.0
  7. Frankenweenie $7.0/$22.0
  8. Looper $6.3/$51.4
  9. Seven Psychopaths $4.2/$4.2
  10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower $2.1/$6.1
  11. Atlas Shrugged: Part II $1.7/$1.7
  12. End of Watch $1.7/$36.3
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Strider
Evil Dead

Taken 2 might be the best movie ever, I just can't take it seriously.

Taken 3 - Now they're coming for his teddybear!
Taken 4 - Now they're coming for even more of your money!
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
Phinor
Evil Dead

Going to see Argo later today. Ben Affleck the director might be one of my favourite directors currently active and it's still weird to say it.
Phinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinor View Post
Going to see Argo later today. Ben Affleck the director might be one of my favourite directors currently active and it's still weird to say it.
Ben Affleck catches way more shit than he deserves.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Elrik Murder
Hero in a Half-Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Ben Affleck catches way more shit than he deserves.
He was in Daredevil. He deserves some of it.

"A guarentee from Gamestop is like a guarentee from a hooker; someone always gets screwed." ~Sandman
Elrik Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Are any of these movies actually good? Besides Atlas Shrugged of course.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

Argo viewers please report, I really like this style of movie (action/political/based on real story of AWESOMENESS), so I need to know if it's a theater or dvd movie.

Also, I agree, Affleck catches way more than he deserves, but he still deserves some...a lot of his early work was shit. Did anyone see him as an 8 year old in "Voyage of the Mimi" (I think) in school (not shit, just funny)? We were watching that they year Armageddon came out...was kinda trippy.
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

"Taken 2 might be the best movie ever, I just can't take it seriously."

I suppose if you haven't seen it then you can't take it in any way at all. You haven't seen it!

"He was in Daredevil. He deserves some of it." - At least Daredevil had some balls to show a super hero suffering (Un-cut version)
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrik Murder View Post
He was in Daredevil. He deserves some of it.
Daredevil was actually one of the best Marvel movies ever made. One of those movies people ignore the quality of and bash simply because of something they don't like (in this case Affleck, who did FINE). The Director's Cut was just fantastic.

Daredevil being so hated on to me is one of those bizarre mysteries. Great comic flick.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
MrWheeler460
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
Argo viewers please report, I really like this style of movie (action/political/based on real story of AWESOMENESS), so I need to know if it's a theater or dvd movie.

Also, I agree, Affleck catches way more than he deserves, but he still deserves some...a lot of his early work was shit. Did anyone see him as an 8 year old in "Voyage of the Mimi" (I think) in school (not shit, just funny)? We were watching that they year Armageddon came out...was kinda trippy.
Argo was excellent. It lost a little of the tension since I knew how it turned out but still a great film.
MrWheeler460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Daredevil was actually one of the best Marvel movies ever made.
According to you? To me it was one of the weakest next to the Spiderman sequels. Nah that is just being mean, Spiderman 3 was horrible. Below average, in just about everyones eyes..
Old 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
According to you? To me it was one of the weakest next to the Spiderman sequels. Nah that is just being mean, Spiderman 3 was horrible. Below average, in just about everyones eyes..
"Sequels?" 3 was horrible, 2 was hands down one of Marvel's best films.

Daredevil was everything you could want in a comic book flick, at least the Director's Cut was. But people would rather bitch about Ben Affleck than look at the quality of the film.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

I think Ben Affleck isn't the reason the movie was bad/below average. It just was not entertaining as a movie, it didn't try anything else and pretty much bored me. Great camera work though. Spiderman 2 was also pretty meh IMHO. One of Marvel's best films? You are saying that Spiderman 2 was better than Iron Man, The Avengers, Kick Ass, X-Men First Class and The Amazing Spider-Man?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #15
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
I think Ben Affleck isn't the reason the movie was bad/below average. It just was not entertaining as a movie, it didn't try anything else and pretty much bored me. Great camera work though. Spiderman 2 was also pretty meh IMHO. One of Marvel's best films? You are saying that Spiderman 2 was better than Iron Man, The Avengers, Kick Ass, X-Men First Class and The Amazing Spider-Man?
Neat, I didn't know Kick-ass was a "Marvel". Seemed to me that it was far away from the treatment Disney gives to the typical "Marvel" movie.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Oh, please. Avengers was a cash cow because it was a gigantic action movie and it was great for that. But Spider-Man 2 was a better FILM overall by a mile. Kick-Ass? Kick-Ass was good but also falls into that ridiculousness category. First Class and ASM are arguable.

I dunno how you don't find Daredevil entertaining. Watch the Director's Cut and if you're still saying that I'll just scratch my head, shrug and walk away. Michael Clarke Duncan alone made the movie memorable. It was also a much darker film than most marvel flicks, fitting more with the Blade mold (which was also excellent).
Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh, please. Avengers was a cash cow because it was a gigantic action movie and it was great for that. But Spider-Man 2 was a better FILM overall by a mile.
Spider-Man was also a cash cow because it started the whole "comic book films aren't complete shit anymore" trend. It was a decent film but saying it was better than The Avengers is pure madness. Also calling Kick Ass ridiculous when you praise the Blade films? Hilarious.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Most of these superhero films, Avengers included, are complete crap. They have almost no storyline and no acting to speak of. They put a few people in great costumes and green-screen the rest of the movie.

We are a long way off from a "good" superhero movie from Marvel. At least DC has Heath Ledger's The Joker to fall back on.

When we get Tony Stark going all "Perfect Midnight" in the demon-in-a-bottle storyline, then we might have a movie worth watching, but Marvel doesn't want to do that storyline because these films are now their cash cow and they can't take a risk on doing anything dark & edgy.

They are good summer movies for teens, but I don't own a single one of them. They really aren't worth watching a second time.

Oh, and Spider-Man 3 rocked. If you don't get what Raimi was doing with the Spider-Dance when they forced the Venom storyline on him, then I feel sad for you.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
Mazzicc
Evil Dead

So I saw Looper and enjoyed it. It was freaky to see how much they made JGL look like a younger Willis. Was that CGI, or pure makeup and acting?

I'm willing to take the premise that its best/easiest/the only option to send people into the past to kill them, as full of holes as that is. My problem however is this: (Spoilers ahead) If it's so difficult to kill people in the future, why did they shoot his wife and not seem to give a damn?

I thought the fact that the kid was the Rainmaker was blatantly obvious very early on, and even thought that Willis was inadvertently creating him, since that's what he does in 12 Monkeys, so that was a little disappointing, but the execution was so nice that I can overlook that.

As a bit of confusion too, I don't understand why Sara knew who Loopers were; that seemed significant considering his surprise, but it was never mentioned again. I also don't see why "loops" needed to be "closed".

I really liked how they showed you the "original" timeline, where he did what he was supposed to, and how it changed things. It's something this guy does quite well when analyzing movies. (link moved to end for people who want to know what it is but avoid spoilers). I also liked the idea that Willis couldn't actually "remember" any changes until "after" they happened... a neat workaround.

If you like thinking about time travel movies, http://www.mjyoung.net/time/ is a great site that analyzes them from the concept of "different timelines" and addresses how they all stabilize themselves to the version we see in the movie (usually).
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #20
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Most of these superhero films, Avengers included, are complete crap. They have almost no storyline and no acting to speak of. They put a few people in great costumes and green-screen the rest of the movie.
In terms of plot they are crap but then again aren't you into Star Wars...like alot? Wasn't that movie mostly a bunch of green-screen in crap outfits? People still liked it regardless right?

Quote:
We are a long way off from a "good" superhero movie from Marvel. At least DC has Heath Ledger's The Joker to fall back on.
Lots of talking about good and evil while generalizing didn't make the movie great you know. All the tension that built up to it did.

Quote:
When we get Tony Stark going all "Perfect Midnight" in the demon-in-a-bottle storyline, then we might have a movie worth watching, but Marvel doesn't want to do that storyline because these films are now their cash cow and they can't take a risk on doing anything dark & edgy.
A movie about alcohol dependency? Hasn't that been done/talked to about to death? Boring.

Quote:
Oh, and Spider-Man 3 rocked. If you don't get what Raimi was doing with the Spider-Dance when they forced the Venom storyline on him, then I feel sad for you.
Okay now you are just trolling.

Tags
daredevil sucked, psp needs a gf, weekend boxoffice chart