Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Rockstar Begins Selling...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 12:07 PM
25 Replies, 668 Views
Below Launches December...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 11:53 AM
9 Replies, 842 Views
Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
Last post by AlfredT
Today 09:48 AM
0 Replies, 51 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 09:18 AM
6 Replies, 305 Views
World War Z Game ~ First...
Last post by Dag-Sabot
Today 08:40 AM
10 Replies, 845 Views
Metro Exodus goes gold,...
Last post by alienchild
Today 04:12 AM
7 Replies, 572 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by blackzc
Today 01:11 AM
2,939 Replies, 399,881 Views
A small request
Last post by blackzc
Today 12:22 AM
32 Replies, 1,013 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #21
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Spider-Man was also a cash cow because it started the whole "comic book films aren't complete shit anymore" trend. It was a decent film but saying it was better than The Avengers is pure madness. Also calling Kick Ass ridiculous when you praise the Blade films? Hilarious.
What you call madness I call an educated fact. An "end of the world" story that makes us feel sympathetic for no one. SM2 is an immensely better FILM.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Oh, and Spider-Man 3 rocked. If you don't get what Raimi was doing with the Spider-Dance when they forced the Venom storyline on him, then I feel sad for you.
Please tell me you are trolling you poor schmuck, lol.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
What you call madness
Opinion. One that you lose 9 to 1.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #23
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Opinion. One that you lose 9 to 1.
Only if you don't study and/or understand film. Spidey 2 has so much more substance that Avengers in the same category looks like a joke. Awesome big-budget action flick but in terms of drama and overall substance it's not even a blip on the radar held down by films like Spidey 2, X-Men 1 and 2, Punisher, Blade, Daredevil or ANY of DC's gems (TDK Trilogy, Watchmen). Not even close.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Only if you don't study and/or understand film.


It is because I like quality over false emotion. I guess you have opposite views on videogames to movies? Avengers was an actual enjoyable movie not a (yet another) poor take on Spiderman. You fail to notice how spiderman WAS A BIG ACTION FILM as well, but just because it is not as epic as Avengers you carry it on as a drama. Please. BTW Watchmen>Avengers.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Mazzicc
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: a mile in the sky (Denver)
Posts: 1,590
Really? Y'all are going film-school-hipster on fucking comic book movies? Really?
Mazzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzicc View Post
Really? Y'all are going film-school-hipster on fucking comic book movies? Really?
I'm glad you caught that pic I posted. Oh wait...
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #27
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
BTW Watchmen>Avengers.
Watchmen was tripe; far worse than any Spiderman or Dare Devil movie. Hell, Superman 4 was better.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #28
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post


It is because I like quality over false emotion. I guess you have opposite views on videogames to movies? Avengers was an actual enjoyable movie not a (yet another) poor take on Spiderman. You fail to notice how spiderman WAS A BIG ACTION FILM as well, but just because it is not as epic as Avengers you carry it on as a drama. Please. BTW Watchmen>Avengers.
Please define "false emotion." Sounds like you're trying to dismiss the core point of the argument. Spidey 2 was an action film but there was a lot of raw drama and charm to plot. Avengers was just high-budget action.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Watchmen was tripe; far worse than any Spiderman or Dare Devil movie. Hell, Superman 4 was better.
These comments just make me LOL big time. And if Watchmen was crap, so was its source material and that's just asinine.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #29
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Eh, Spiderman 2 isn't worth it. Maybe it was worth discussing it when all the kids were talking about it back in High School. All that energy to discuss about anything really, is rather pointless to me now. Maybe I can dig up one of my reviews from one of the RT site lol.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #30
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Eh, Spiderman 2 isn't worth it. Maybe it was worth discussing it when all the kids were talking about it back in High School. All that energy to discuss about anything really, is rather pointless to me now. Maybe I can dig up one of my reviews from one of the RT site lol.
You can "dig up" anything that fits your position from something like that to support your position no matter which end of the spectrum you are on. Ratings on sites like RT and IMBD don't mean SHIT. It's well known that a TON of morons with no intellectual understanding of film will vote 10 for any film they remotely like and 0 for anything they dislike at all "just because." The Room has a higher rating on RT than Green Lantern, for Chrissakes (not that GL is a great film, but COME ON).
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #31
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Also, your comment saying "It's not worth discussing" tells me you simply can't answer the question; I rest my case. Avengers is great for what it is, but what it "is" is not in the realm of substance in film compared to any of the comic films I mentioned.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #32
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
No. It is not worth discussing something that is so easily rebuffed by somebody who is dead set on their own opinions. You can go to the school of bs film making for all I care it doesn't change the fact that you actually called S2 a drama film when everybody in their mother can see it was an "action summer flick/super hero movie". (has not aged well compared to newer and better superhero films) It is also not worth discussing as it is not even a film worth talking about really, which is why I find it strange you praise it so highly, basically just because you can/don't follow up on what made it great/not calling it what it is. You might think it is the greatest thing out there since sliced bread but beyond your love towards the film even you behind close door agree with me to some extent; film was ok for it's time but it is one pale horse. I think I saw the thing under my bed a few months back, totally generic superhero film that was praised for it's special effects. We are done discussing this. With all means though go ahead and disregard everything I said. Just expect a reply, not over this. This is just silly. Freaking 2012 and talking about a "let's throw money at this sequel" 2004 movie. I'd rather go to imgur and see funny pics or something.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
No. It is not worth discussing something that is so easily rebuffed by somebody who is dead set on their own opinions. You can go to the school of bs film making for all I care it doesn't change the fact that you actually called S2 a drama film when everybody in their mother can see it was an "action summer flick/super hero movie". (has not aged well compared to newer and better superhero films) It is also not worth discussing as it is not even a film worth talking about really, which is why I find it strange you praise it so highly, basically just because you can/don't follow up on what made it great/not calling it what it is. You might think it is the greatest thing out there since sliced bread but beyond your love towards the film even you behind close door agree with me to some extent; film was ok for it's time but it is one pale horse. I think I saw the thing under my bed a few months back, totally generic superhero film that was praised for it's special effects. We are done discussing this. With all means though go ahead and disregard everything I said. Just expect a reply, not over this. This is just silly. Freaking 2012 and talking about a "let's throw money at this sequel" 2004 movie. I'd rather go to imgur and see funny pics or something.
Oh, jeez. So now ON TOP of the laziness we have strawman and exaggerations. You're clearly angry because I reached deep down to get a real answer out of you when you apparently have none.

Of course SM2 is an action film; I never called it a drama. I'm simply saying that even action films can be done in a way where they have substance and a REASON behind the action that can appeal to an audience's emotions. SM2 (and all the other films I listed) did that. Avengers did not. Clearly you are saying "it's not worth discussing" because you lack the insight to engage in a discussion about it and find it easier to dismiss what I'm saying.

But I don't expect much more from a guy who rags on games he hasn't played.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Oh, jeez. So now ON TOP of the laziness we have strawman and exaggerations.
Isn't that what 90% of all your posts are? Also I was only talking about S2. It is a mediocre, big budget film just like Avengers why can't you get that. Also if S2 moved you you are the most emotional/sensitive guy in the world. I gave you an answer although for some reason any answer that isn't what you want to hear is either wrong or it doesn't carry weight.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #35
Anenome
Autarchist
 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Recursion City
Posts: 49,888
Blog Entries: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
You can "dig up" anything that fits your position from something like that to support your position no matter which end of the spectrum you are on.
That's always been your modus operandi.
__________________
Choose your government: the majority ruling the minority, the minority ruling the majority, or everyone ruling themselves long as they do not initiate force, fraud, or theft against one another.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #36
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Isn't that what 90% of all your posts are? Also I was only talking about S2. It is a mediocre, big budget film just like Avengers why can't you get that. Also if S2 moved you you are the most emotional/sensitive guy in the world. I gave you an answer although for some reason any answer that isn't what you want to hear is either wrong or it doesn't carry weight.
No, that's closer to being 90% of YOUR posts. I look for the facts. All you are doing is putting forth empty statements backed by nothing while I am trying to get into the substance behind what I am saying and behind the films.

I asked you to tell me what you mean by "false emotion" and to you it "wasn't worth discussing" so since you're still posting please explain that or you may as well admit you are just either being lazy or cannot answer. You are exaggerating the hell out of my position and putting words in my mouth to cover up your failures and misquoting people is a pet peeve of mine. Take my posts as-is or don't waste my time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
That's always been your modus operandi.
No, my "modus operandi" is getting to the facts, not sugar coating things because I'm offending someone by not taking their inept opinions seriously because as I always say... sometimes opinions contradict facts. And speaking of, if you care to step in and discuss a topic with me, please do and refrian from the constant side comments, especially considering I shut you up in the Tekken topic. The thing is, I dislike you as a poster on occasion because of your naivety and lack of knowledge on frequent things you post about (I only post about things I have some knowledge of; I don't comment on EVERYTHING just to have a say in it like you do) meanwhile you dislike me as a poster because I speak the truth and you can't handle it and have to make excuses and the Street Fighter discussion (and you backing out leaving after me challenging you in the Tekken topic regarding this is a perfect example).
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #37
Anenome
Autarchist
 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Recursion City
Posts: 49,888
Blog Entries: 62
Quote:
especially considering I shut you up in the Tekken topic
LOLOLOL

I refuse to discuss anything with you ever again. Not because you won any argument but because you don't know how to discuss something dispassionately and fair. So, the talk of ours ended, in my opinion, because you're a jackass.

__________________
Choose your government: the majority ruling the minority, the minority ruling the majority, or everyone ruling themselves long as they do not initiate force, fraud, or theft against one another.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #38
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post

I asked you to tell me what you mean by "false emotion"
Bad acting for one. 2 words Kirsten Dunst. If felt like I was watching the first movie. Also that subway seen was corny as fuck. Sub standard plot as well. Also how the hell did this movie even fill you with emotion? I mean really? Do you have the emotional capacity of a watermelon or something?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #39
Anenome
Autarchist
 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Recursion City
Posts: 49,888
Blog Entries: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Do you have the emotional capacity of a watermelon or something?
Lmao, he certainly has the mental capacity of one ^_~
__________________
Choose your government: the majority ruling the minority, the minority ruling the majority, or everyone ruling themselves long as they do not initiate force, fraud, or theft against one another.
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #40
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Bad acting for one. 2 words Kirsten Dunst. If felt like I was watching the first movie. Also that subway seen was corny as fuck. Sub standard plot as well. Also how the hell did this movie even fill you with emotion? I mean really? Do you have the emotional capacity of a watermelon or something?
So... all subjective things on your part. Why am I not surprised? The acting was actually pretty good aside from Molina overracting a few lines. Kirsten Dunst is another person people shit on just because; she was fine in SM2, 3 is another story. One thing I agree with is that the subway scene WAS a bit corny, but it could still touch an audience's emotions. The "sub-standard plot" comment is so funny I could just shit myself; it's no worse than any other "plot" for a super-hero flick but it's far more simpler and believable than most others... including Avengers which virtually had no emotional value AT ALL so the fact you're even arguing a point about emotion is just silly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
LOLOLOL

I refuse to discuss anything with you ever again. Not because you won any argument but because you don't know how to discuss something dispassionately and fair. So, the talk of ours ended, in my opinion, because you're a jackass.
In other words your ego is hurt and you just can't admit you were silenced. You and I have a history of going back and forth for EONS with massive paragraphs of post but you expect me to buy THIS excuse after simply failing to answer a couple of simple questions in that topic? Sorry, you can lie to yourself all you want but I'm not stupid enough to buy into your excuses. I take you calling me a "jackass" simply for asking you to refute my points (and you couldn't) as a compliment because it shows how salty you are. I argue with someone if I see someone doesn't have their facts straight; I don't literally go into every topic and spew nonsense about things I have no knowledge of like you constantly do. When it comes down to it you're a sore loser. Stick to what you know and shut up about things you clearly don't.

Sorry but I see through your excuses so next time check them at the door or don't bother coming in.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daredevil sucked, psp needs a gf, weekend boxoffice chart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.