20 Replies, 770 Views
Official Trailer:...
Last post by Inkabodcrane
Today 01:46 PM
7 Replies, 485 Views

Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 AM   #21
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Do you get the mail OK? Shoot me an address and I will send you our patch the next time I go into the post office.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #22
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Sooo.. Fuck Al-Jazeera. Seriously when a youtube channel can do more research than you, it cannot be by accident. Screw their slanted appeal to emotion reporting.
I don't know much about what happens in that part of the world but it breaks my heart to see this sort of suffering and knowing the international community doesn't have the balls to stand up and stay "Stop".

It is one thing when we're talking about a war zone, it is entirely different when we're talking about a genocide (or several as seems to be the case here) where one part of the population is preying on the other.

I don't know how the world could have forgotten the horror of Bosnia/Serbia (and partially Rwanda though this was more civilian driven than government driven slaughter) so easily that we're allowing it to happen under our noses.

It sickens me and, perhaps worse, I don't have any solution. Once again it goes to show how impotent the UN is.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:07 AM   #23
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I don't know much about what happens in that part of the world but it breaks my heart to see this sort of suffering and knowing the international community doesn't have the balls to stand up and stay "Stop".

It is one thing when we're talking about a war zone, it is entirely different when we're talking about a genocide (or several as seems to be the case here) where one part of the population is preying on the other.

I don't know how the world could have forgotten the horror of Bosnia/Serbia (and partially Rwanda though this was more civilian driven than government driven slaughter) so easily that we're allowing it to happen under our noses.

It sickens me and, perhaps worse, I don't have any solution. Once again it goes to show how impotent the UN is.
Yea, the cynic in me says that it is because it is not a resource rich region that there isn't much attention to this other then the initial media feeding frenzy. Also the government has shut off Internet in the whole state, as now there is another insurgency involving the ethnic Rakhine in the area.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:52 AM   #24
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Wow, what a great thread. Thanks for sharing man!!!
Old 09-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #25
AlfredT
Evil Dead

I'll share more.. I've been busy with the Bureaucracy here in trying to get a new National ID Card. I lost my wallet.. somehow.. in my car.

It literally vanished, and I have no explanation lol.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Could it have disappeared into the Burma-uda Triangle?

* ba dum passh. See what I did there? Terrible, wasn't it? lolol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:49 AM   #27
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I'll share more.. I've been busy with the Bureaucracy here in trying to get a new National ID Card. I lost my wallet.. somehow.. in my car.

That's happened to me too. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2019, 04:49 AM   #28
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by terran View Post
could it have disappeared into the burma-uda triangle?

* ba dum passh. See what i did there? Terrible, wasn't it? Lolol.
nice !
Old 09-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #29
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Yea its gone. So I'm going to have to go through some BS getting a new card.

Atm though I am more or less staying at home for a few days... there has been a US/Canada/Myanmar Gov't security alert stating a possible bomb plot. Most likely its BS, but you never know. I plan for the worst but hope for the best.

Its most likely BS, but better safe then blown up. The govt. here has pissed off a buncha terrorist lately and imho, its best not to dismiss these vague threats when your ass maybe on the line.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:38 AM   #30
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
The govt. here has pissed off a buncha terrorist lately and imho, its best not to dismiss these vague threats when your ass maybe on the line.
Outside of the "rebels" what other terrorist factions are in scope?

Standard east vs. west Islamic factions or unexpected players?

Have fun getting the card, it's bad enough in the states when you lose your picture ID, I can't imagine what it is like in a 3rd world country.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:39 AM   #31
Eats
Developer

You should just buy discount games and flip them on g2a. You will make more than 500/month doing that. Get a bunch of humble monthly subs, etc

Sell digital things, if you can get in selling the 10 game bundles and 1 premium game bundles you will make at least $100/day doing almost no work.

At one point I was selling some of our games on g2a and moved over 100k in a year. 500+/mo is very doable.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:06 AM   #32
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Outside of the "rebels" what other terrorist factions are in scope?

Standard east vs. west Islamic factions or unexpected players?

Have fun getting the card, it's bad enough in the states when you lose your picture ID, I can't imagine what it is like in a 3rd world country.

Well due to the Rohingya issue, ISIS/Al-Qaeda has been making threats. Then there is the local rebel armies who have been acting up lately that the Burmese army let the ceasefire expire.

TBH the Burmese army outnumbers and outgears them by like a factor of 20, but likes to keep them around as a bogeyman to make the public think they need the Burmese army, and for the public to ignore their oppression and brutality.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:07 AM   #33
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
You should just buy discount games and flip them on g2a. You will make more than 500/month doing that. Get a bunch of humble monthly subs, etc

Sell digital things, if you can get in selling the 10 game bundles and 1 premium game bundles you will make at least $100/day doing almost no work.

At one point I was selling some of our games on g2a and moved over 100k in a year. 500+/mo is very doable.
Did you have any issues with G2A's payment systems, or the scammers on their site?

I was selling some XBcodes etc., and some people would redeem them and then ask for a refund like a week later. I had a hard time with G2A's customer support suspending my account and shit. And this was in Canada, so I don't know how well they will respond to someone in Burma/Myanmar.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #34
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:

I know Humble now has expiration on many of their codes. They have to be redeemed in 30 days or something before the code is deactivated.

Not sure about other outlets.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:02 PM   #35
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Did you have any issues with G2A's payment systems, or the scammers on their site?

I was selling some XBcodes etc., and some people would redeem them and then ask for a refund like a week later. I had a hard time with G2A's customer support suspending my account and shit. And this was in Canada, so I don't know how well they will respond to someone in Burma/Myanmar.
It is almost impossible to get a refund on g2a now. I actually never cared about losing product though because my marginal cost of generating a steam code for games we own is $0.

G2A is run by sketchy people though. They never scammed me outright but they do nickel and dime you with a intentionally complex and difficult to understand revenue share structure.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:25 AM   #36
AlfredT
Evil Dead

So this week in Myanmar is holidays (Thadingut - The light festival). I decided to go to the nearby town of Taungnyo (Literally translates to Brown Mountain) for some local market shopping and also because I was bored as hell.

As I mentioned before, I lost my wallet including my driver's licence and international licence. I got stopped by the police on the way, and the first cop (civilian cop) had no issue as I showed them a letter from my local police station confirming I lost my IDs and pictures of my IDs taken before I had lost them.

On the way back, the second police station (Military cops) interviewed me and initally told me they were going to confiscate my vehicle registration, and perhaps my vehicle as well. I just told them the truth, and after a few minutes of conversation where I regaled them with the tale of how I stupidly and mysteriously lost my wallet and my willingness to pay the fines and deal with the confiscation legally, they decided to let me go as the interview officer found my honesty refreshing. They strangely did not even ask for a bribe, which is standard procedure.

Goes to show that even in a corrupt third world country, you can find some decent people who appreciate not having smoke blown up their ass.

*Typed with my phones internet and on battery mode for laptop as the fucking power just went out!*
Old 10-11-2019, 04:08 AM   #37
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
...in a corrupt third world country...the fucking power just went out!*
You sure you're not in California?
Quote:
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #38
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You sure you're not in California?
lol. We don't need any forest fires for the power to go out, just a regular occurrence. But hey, it was waaaay worse 20 years ago.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 AM   #39
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Remarkably entertaining AND informative! Thanks for the share; I actually watched and enjoyed the whole thing (rare).
Yeah, thanks for sharing this channel AlfredT. And for sharing the stuff about your life back home. I've always been fascinated with this kind of stuff.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #40
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Yeah, thanks for sharing this channel AlfredT. And for sharing the stuff about your life back home. I've always been fascinated with this kind of stuff.
Ditto. It definitely made me rethink Myanmar as a retirement destination.

With Mexico (and most of Central America) off the list I guess we're back to SE Asia if you really want your dollar to stretch.