149 Replies, 19,608 Views
» Promotion

Old 10-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Marvel Drops Northrop Grumman Partnership After Backlash

The Hollywood Reporter has the story.

Quote:
A planned partnership between Marvel and the defense technology company Northrop Grumman has been cancelled hours before its official unveiling at New York Comic Con, following a wave of outrage that met the first tease of the team-up.

The partnership was originally announced on Twitter Friday afternoon, in a tweet reading, "Marvel and @northropgrumman join forces! Come check out the #MarvelNYCC booth tomorrow at 3pm EST." A digital comic appeared on Marvel's website, promoting the partnership, with images suggesting that Northrop Grumman was the "reality" to the fantasy of Marvel's Tony Stark and the Avengers.

Reaction was both swift and harsh, both at the convention and online. But response went beyond the fanbase, with some Marvel creators also commenting on the partnership on social media. Marvel author Saladin Ahmed wrote: "so hey: Marvel's mythos is powerful & ubiquitous I intend to use it to tell stories that scorn war & greed my best answer right now, sorry."

The proposed Saturday event was cancelled via Twitter late Friday night, with a statement issued by the company soon after. "The activation with Northrop Grumman at New York Comic Con was meant to focus on aerospace technology and exploration in a positive way," it read. "However, as the spirit of that intent has not come across, we will not be proceeding with this partnership including this weekend’s event programming. Marvel and Northrop Grumman continue to be committed to elevating, and introducing, STEM to a broad audience."
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Saladin can phuk off! Screw that racist piece of shit and his shitty books.

Seriously, he's a disgusting piece of racist garbage and if I ever see him I'm going to punch his phuking mouth.

Northrup probably realized they were about to team up with a fucking idiot.

https://gizmodo.com/the-great-intern...men-1690376231

Oh yeah, phuk Marvel, too.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Pressing on, the title of the article should read: Marvel Capitulates To Small Number Of SJW Complainers, Ruining A Good Opportunity To Engage Young Children In STEM

For those of you who don't know, America NEEDS it's children to get more involved in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math career fields if we are to remain a leader in those industries.

Stupid tranny, racist lefties are ruining this country and the big pussy executives without a backbone are letting it happen.

Just because the purple or blue-haired freaks scream the loudest doesn't mean they own a majority opinion.

Fuck you twice, Marvel. I'll never spend another dollar on your franchises until you grow a pair and stop letting these racist anti-whites direct our future!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Marvel has gone full SJW cuck. I'm hearing nothing but horror stories about the NYCC going on. Critics being bullied and threatened with violence by Marvel employees. The place is a dump. Sales are in the toilet. Then canceling the Punisher panel and surprise Netflix premiere made their presence entirely pointless.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Only conservatives work at Northrop Grumman. Only SJW libtards work at Marvel AND compose 95% of its audience (young brainwashed dummies). Who thought this would be a good idea?
Old 10-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Like most media, Marvel is run by SJW pussies who can’t figure out why their sales are in the toilet because they no longer cater to that core audience of young affluent white males. That is the sales reality they cannot escape and until they embrace it again, they will have a smaller and smaller market until the parent company (Disney) realizes that they don’t need the comic division to create and sell comic book movies. Which I predict will happen sooner than you think.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

Northrop Grumman is the "devil" and part of the Military–industrial complex xD

If you want kids to go to science Look for companies like Space-X ...

Not stealth bombers that carry nukes

Yours
A Hard core Capitalist
Old 10-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #8
DingBat
Evil Dead

Sigh. I'm gonna take this one in the teeth, but oh well...

Canadians have a unique perspective on the US. We're American watchers, par excellence, just as a matter of course. And we love our American friends.

But guys, I'm no SJW, but seriously, in recent years your military and militaristic messages (I won't call it propaganda) have increased immensely. Your football games were always feel good patriotic, but never like this.

We try to honor our veterans as well, but the "Thank you for you service" is starting to feel knee-jerk and expected.

Lord knows you've had reason to worry about your security, but it really does feel as if there's a general campaign to overload the general consciousness with military messages. Isn't anyone else concerned?
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Disney has driven ESPN into the financial toilet with their progressive, politicalized drivel force-fed to fans who want SPORTS NEWS and SPORTING EVENTS, not political shit.

They've been busy doing the same with Marvel. Give them time to ruin that too...take a little while.

Quote:
Your football games were always feel good patriotic, but never like this.
Obama began the practice of paying for patriotic displays at NFL games. Then his progressive buddies decided they'd rather destroy the NFL than use it as a patriotic vehicle, so they drove it into the toilet among its fan base by protesting the flag.

So fuck the NFL and progressives. No problems moving along from pro football here! Dropped ESPN years ago as well. LATER!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #10
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post

Canadians
You could have stopped there.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #11
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Sigh. I'm gonna take this one in the teeth, but oh well...

Canadians have a unique perspective on the US. We're American watchers, par excellence, just as a matter of course. And we love our American friends.

But guys, I'm no SJW, but seriously, in recent years your military and militaristic messages (I won't call it propaganda) have increased immensely. Your football games were always feel good patriotic, but never like this.

We try to honor our veterans as well, but the "Thank you for you service" is starting to feel knee-jerk and expected.

Lord knows you've had reason to worry about your security, but it really does feel as if there's a general campaign to overload the general consciousness with military messages. Isn't anyone else concerned?
Well, from my perspective the messaging since 08 has been anti-American from just about any and all media. Hell, even Fox wasnt exactly kind to Trump during the campaign.

So, I don't know where you get your influence from but with very anti-American views all over the media it wouldn't surprise me you have been impacted.

Trumps election was a reaction by patriotic Americans to this cap being shoved down out throats since 08.

The Obama years left a really bad taste in many of Americans mouths, and Trump is the mouthwash.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

shit for mouthwash ? LOL
Old 10-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #13
DingBat
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Well, from my perspective the messaging since 08 has been anti-American from just about any and all media. Hell, even Fox wasnt exactly kind to Trump during the campaign.

So, I don't know where you get your influence from but with very anti-American views all over the media it wouldn't surprise me you have been impacted.

Trumps election was a reaction by patriotic Americans to this cap being shoved down out throats since 08.

The Obama years left a really bad taste in many of Americans mouths, and Trump is the mouthwash.
Well, no doubt the majority of Canadians view Trump with a jaundiced eye. I don't make judgments on other peoples political choices.

But there does seem to be some extreme polarization of views in the US. If you ask me why I care, well, this kind of thing could easily bleed over into Canada. We have managed in the past to maintain a fairly polite political discourse. And, honestly, it does bother many Canadians to see the US go through hard time.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #14
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Well, no doubt the majority of Canadians view Trump with a jaundiced eye. I don't make judgments on other peoples political choices.

But there does seem to be some extreme polarization of views in the US. If you ask me why I care, well, this kind of thing could easily bleed over into Canada. We have managed in the past to maintain a fairly polite political discourse. And, honestly, it does bother many Canadians to see the US go through hard time.
The extreme polarization is due to one thing only, the DNC embracing identity politics. Once shamed as a low-brow tactic, the modern left has run with it as the primary method of platform delivery. The effect has been widespread political polarization.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIronTree View Post
shit for mouthwash ? LOL
When the choice was either shit or AIDS blood with a side of razor blades...
Old 10-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #16
Skunk
Evil Dead

Here is some interesting food for thought:

Nobody likes civilian casualties of war, and liberals especially use this horrible result as justification for the opposition of war (reserve comment for liberal vs conservative war presidents).

So the military industrial complex spends billions on R&D over the past 50 years to increase the precision of ordnance, to the point where its expected and possible to drop a bomb on a house with a sniper and the rest of the community intact.

And the people who are able to provide this wholesale preservation of life are called monsters.

Cool stuff.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #17
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
The extreme polarization is due to one thing only, the DNC embracing identity politics.
Once they decided their path to power was in appealing to racial tribalism, once they decided to declare whites racist by the very fact of being white, once they decided to demagogue and destroy folks who disagree with them in the public square...that's when Trump got elected and millions of folks decided to tell them to FUCK THE HELL OFF.

When they stood for, or at least pretended to, the little guy they had an electoral blue wall that made a Republican presidential victory a very narrow needle to thread. Now, they're banished from two-thirds of the legislatures and state houses in the U.S., looking at an entrenched disadvantage in the Senate, and if California ever succeeds in secession (please GOD let it happen!) they won't win again nationally in my lifetime.

To a progressive EVERYTHING is political, and that's why everything has become political, including this website, football, DR. MOTHERFUCKING SEUSS, cake baking, and on and on and on.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #18
blackzc
Evil Dead

Yeah you cant get away from it anymore. I do want it to continue though.

Many more normies need waking up. And also, until someone can openly declare their beliefs without fear of getting fired, stalked and abused without severe repercussion to the offenders we have a long way to go. That is unless its perfectly acceptable to treat the left with the same rules. Id be down for that.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #19
blackzc
Evil Dead

I have no idea what these cops in these big cities are thinking when they let antifa and BLM run wild and when the white nationalist come to town its treated completely different. They have never once gotten violent or even killed 5 cops in dallas.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 PM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
The extreme polarization is due to one thing only, the DNC embracing identity politics. Once shamed as a low-brow tactic, the modern left has run with it as the primary method of platform delivery. The effect has been widespread political polarization.
Not only embracing but continually doubling down on identity politics. Gotta keep the blacks on the democrat plantation doncha know.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel