0 Replies, 75 Views
World War Z Launches in...
Last post by Robberbaron
Today 01:27 PM
3 Replies, 481 Views

Old 02-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Burnout Paradise Remastered Launching March 16th!

Quote:
Burnout Paradise Remastered is Coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 16th March

Criterion Games, a studio of Electronic Arts, today announced Burnout Paradise Remastered will become available 16th March, 2018 on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, inviting players to wreak havoc and unleash automotive anarchy once more. Players will be transported back into the world of Paradise City to tear it up in the ultimate driving playground, from hectic downtown avenues to the wild mountain roads. Pull off high-octane stunts and create insane car destruction in one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever created.

Burnout Paradise Remastered includes the original base game and the eight add-on game packs released during the Year of Paradise, including the extension to the drivable world with Big Surf Island. Burnout Paradise Remastered also features a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity, including high resolution textures for players to explore Paradise City in 4K with supporting 60FPS on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.

“When people think of Criterion Games, they often remember the Burnout franchise and for good reason. What we created 10 years ago, we feel is still fun and unique to this day in the gaming industry,” said Matt Webster, General Manager at Criterion Games. “Burnout Paradise is an arcade racer built to provide players the thrill of racing with their friends, in a free form way that was both seamless and immersive, but also a little crazy with all the different stunts and crashes players could pull off. With the release of this remaster, we’re able to share this action-packed ride with a whole new generation of players.”

Burnout Paradise Remastered is rated PEGI 7 and is available digitally and in stores for £34.99 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will be available later this year on Origin for PC, bringing the Big Surf Island add-on to PC players for the very first time. EA Access members will also get to play Burnout Paradise Remastered before its worldwide launch, starting on 9th March, 2018 via the Play First Trial.

For more information about Burnout Paradise Remastered, please visit ea.com//burnout-paradise-remastered.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
thatlukeguy
Soul Reaper

It would be nice if it carried over your unlocks from the original. I dunno if I could go through unlocking all the same stuff over again.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Generation Remaster! Not that I'm complaining about Shadow of the Colossus.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #4
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Goddamn YES YES YES!

Now bring on remastered versions of Burnout 3 and Revenge!
Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
shadow763
Lord of Woe

The game that cemented my hatred for Paradise City.

Great game though, but fuck that song.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
The game that cemented my hatred for Paradise City.

Great game though, but fuck that song.
totally agreed. Loved the game, hated hearing that song for the 12,003 time

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

£34.99 is a bit... naughty.

I do have to laugh though as I've been meaning to play this damn game, more than 30 minutes, since owning it just after the servers were switched off (Or the extras no longer available). Years have flown past and now I can buy it again, for more than the original cost me.

Does this mean that any extras will be available for the 'original'? Probably not. Either way I'll probably buy it again. as I now have the Youtube channel to think about.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #8
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

P.s. I used to switch off the game music and just let Win media player take care of the tunes.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Great game. But I played it so much last time around I'm not interested in playing it again.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Great game. But I played it so much last time around I'm not interested in playing it again.
Yah, I 100%-ed the game on Xbox 360. Got every billboard, completed every race, unlocked every car, got all the multiplayer achievements, did those "beat the time" challenges on every street, etc.

As great as it was, it would be a tough sell to go back to it after the hundreds of hours I put in. Maybe.

That said - still the best:

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-20-2018 at 01:21 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

EA? no way.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #12
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Goddamn YES YES YES!

Now bring on remastered versions of Burnout 3 and Revenge!
I think you meant: "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now bring on the remastered versions of Burnout 3 and Revenge!"

Seriously, "Burnout Paradise" was great, but a big part of what made it great was the sheer display of technical brilliance by Criterion, especially on the PS3. This remaster looks EXACTLY like how I remember the original game. The way I see it, EA took the easy way out by remastering a game that didn't need a remaster. Burnout 3 and 4, on the other hand, would require some real touching-up! Even then, they might not be all that appealing to today's open-world fans and Need-for-Speed-drama kids...

P.S.: If you think the music loop is bad, you've never listened to the German DJ. Worse: The German disc didn't contain the English version, so if your console's language was set to English, you got the French narrator instead. Yikes!
Old 02-21-2018, 04:29 AM   #13
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Yah, I 100%-ed the game on Xbox 360. Got every billboard, completed every race, unlocked every car, got all the multiplayer achievements, did those "beat the time" challenges on every street, etc.

As great as it was, it would be a tough sell to go back to it after the hundreds of hours I put in. Maybe.

That said - still the best:

It’s weird how some of your favorite games are games that you can’t revisit for that reason.

I’m playing through the Secret Of Mana again for the first time in 25 years. I played it so much the first time, and loved it so hard, that I can only NOW go back to it.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:31 AM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
EA? no way.
It’s funny that Electronic Arts was first founded to be an Indy, hippy “games are art” company that was devoted to treating game creators like musicians.

Now they treat game developers and games like a record Label.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:43 AM   #15
Exodus
Evil Dead

Burnout Paradise wasn't even the best one it's takedown or what the fuck is the point?

God they don't even know their own games and the people happy about paradise were still pissing their mommy and daddy's bed when takedown was out and don't have a clue.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 AM   #16
Mitorofu
Someone's Dad

So I missed Takedown...what makes it so much better than Paradise?
Mitorofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #17
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Burnout Paradise wasn't even the best one it's takedown or what the fuck is the point?

God they don't even know their own games and the people happy about paradise were still pissing their mommy and daddy's bed when takedown was out and don't have a clue.
Takedown would be nothing without Burnout 2. That game was incredibly fun, and had a pretty novel crash mode mini-game that we used to play for hours on end.

God they don't even know their own games and the people happy about Takedown were still pissing their mommy and daddy's bed when Burnout 2 was out and don't have a clue.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:51 AM   #18
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitorofu View Post
So I missed Takedown...what makes it so much better than Paradise?
"Burnout 3: Takedown" was pure bliss. It was great on PS2, but the Xbox version was a technological masterpiece. In my opinion, it was a huge improvement over "Burnout 2: Point of Impact" in every regard. Its Crash mode was the best the series ever had, and takedowns made the races both more accessible and a lot more exciting, without allowing players to just plow through traffic like "Burnout: Revenge" did. Also, I seem to remember that Criterion revamped the drift mechanic, which worked extremely well.

Oh, and it wasn't open world, meaning you could start (and even more importantly: restart) races in the blink of an eye. In Paradise City, when you mess up, you have to drive all the way back to the starting line to try again.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:54 AM   #19
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
It’s weird how some of your favorite games are games that you can’t revisit for that reason.

I’m playing through the Secret Of Mana again for the first time in 25 years. I played it so much the first time, and loved it so hard, that I can only NOW go back to it.
Yah I guess that is a bit strange. It's your "favorite games" and sometimes you just put too much time into them. The original Half-Life is like that for me. I was only recently finally able to revisit it, but not in it's true form. I've been playing Black Mesa, and really getting into it.

And sometimes I'll visit a game that I thought was one of my all-time favorites. I loved it a decade or 2 ago. And I play it again, and whatever the "magic" was back then is gone. I play for maybe 10 minutes, don't enjoy it nearly as much, and have to leave it in the past. And not because the graphics are dated or anything. The game's mechanics and gameplay just don't appeal to me anymore.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #20
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
"Burnout 3: Takedown" was pure bliss. It was great on PS2, but the Xbox version was a technological masterpiece. In my opinion, it was a huge improvement over "Burnout 2: Point of Impact" in every regard. Its Crash mode was the best the series ever had, and takedowns made the races both more accessible and a lot more exciting, without allowing players to just plow through traffic like "Burnout: Revenge" did. Also, I seem to remember that Criterion revamped the drift mechanic, which worked extremely well.

Oh, and it wasn't open world, meaning you could start (and even more importantly: restart) races in the blink of an eye. In Paradise City, when you mess up, you have to drive all the way back to the starting line to try again.
I actually liked Burnout 2: Point of Impact more than Takedown. I absolutely hated the motion blur in Takedown. The game, in motion, always appeared to be grainier than Burnout 2 too. I remember even back when the game was released, having to squint to see what the hell was happening on the road half the time. Never had that issue with Burnout 2, despite coming out 2 years previous.

Want to see what I mean?

Burnout 2:

Burnout 3:

I also found the gameplay more balanced in Burnout 2. It was a good mix of going fast and needing reflexes, without being out of control. It always felt like I could avoid crashes if I drove well. In Burnout 3, the speed almost seemed to be unbalanced for the traffic and courses, and felt a little too "out of control". Hard to explain exactly, but I just liked Burnout 2's driving more.

Tags
burnout paradise