Last post by RAV
Yesterday 11:41 AM
91 Replies, 4,396 Views

Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Anthem will get 'Seasonal Updates' Rather than the Previously Announced Acts

Quote:
In February, BioWare explained how Anthem's post-launch content would be released in updates called "acts," which would add new locations, features, and character interactions, and ultimately culminate in a world-changing "Cataclysms" that would set the stage for the next act. But the game's rough launch pushed everything back, and when the act one Cataclysm became playable on the Anthem PTS, it was not great. Originally slated to go live in May, the Cataclysm didn't enter full release until August.

Today, BioWare announced that plans for future Anthem acts have been shelved so developers can work on more long-term, systemic fixes to the game. Instead, Anthem will get "seasonal updates" that head of live services Chad Robertson said "will deliver challenges and chases similar to what you’ve seen, and are built around some fun themes we’re bringing to the game."

"As I’ve said previously, we want to be transparent with you that we know more work needs to be done to make Anthem better. We also want to ensure we’re backing up our words with a great game you can play," Robertson wrote. "So I don’t have any news today to share about the long-term changes we are bringing to Anthem. What I can say is that we will continue to engage with you, our community, through PTS when we can show you what is coming."
PC Gamer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Wow, underwhelming sustainment plan added to an underwhelming game. I am glad I only played it with the EA Pass; it saved me $55! It was good for what it was, but got old quick mostly due to the lack of content. Now they are saying they are further curtailing content releases?

It's been half a year since release now, how much more time does this team need to get it right? Remind me to check back in a few years I guess when they have more than a trickle of content and have fixed the systemic issues with the core functionality.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Death Knight

This is what you get when you buy a unfinished game with the promise of support and content. Also what you get when buy a EA game too Really stop giving EA money I did a longtime ago ZERO regrets and stop buy these live service games on the promise of support.
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
This is what you get when you buy a unfinished game with the promise of support and content. Also what you get when buy a EA game too Really stop giving EA money I did a longtime ago ZERO regrets and stop buy these live service games on the promise of support.
Agreed. I was interested in this game. Glad I waited for reviews. EA has a bunch of IP that I am a fan of but I haven't bought anything from them since titan fall. They just seem to screw everything up lately.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #5
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

This game is dead. Them adding content is akin to poking a dead body with a stick; it's not going to bring it back to life. I regret paying for this game, even though I knew it wasn't going to be as good as I wanted it to be.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:31 AM   #6
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Did they ever fix the performance issues?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem