Last post by Emabulator
Today 06:20 AM
8 Replies, 369 Views

Old 01-15-2019, 06:10 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Spider-Man: Far From Home Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Peter Parker returns in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the next chapter of the Spider-Man: Homecoming series! Our friendly neighborhood Super Hero decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peterís plan to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks, creating havoc across the continent!
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 01-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Mysterio is a hero??? That would be a great twist on the character if it's true. Or a tragic hero, something like that. Very cool trailer.

I have to kinda laugh though, because since Spider-Man is back alive again, that kinda gives away the ending to Avengers, eh?
Old 01-15-2019, 06:24 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Mysterio is a hero??? That would be a great twist on the character if it's true. Or a tragic hero, something like that. Very cool trailer.
$5 says all of those "giant creatures" - the rock/dirt monster and water monster - are just created by Mysterio. He's probably creating havoc so he can show up and "save the day".

He's Mysterio. His entire shtick is illusion and trickery. He regularly uses various forms of hypnogenics and hallucinogenics. This is all just one, big trick and I'm guessing he's doing it for fame and/or fortune.

Quote:
I have to kinda laugh though, because since Spider-Man is back alive again, that kinda gives away the ending to Avengers, eh?
Did anyone really doubt that Spidey would make it out of Endgame alive and well?
Old 01-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
$5 says all of those "giant creatures" - the rock/dirt monster and water monster - are just created by Mysterio. He's probably creating havoc so he can show up and "save the day".

He's Mysterio. His entire shtick is illusion and trickery. He regularly uses various forms of hypnogenics and hallucinogenics. This is all just one, big trick and I'm guessing he's doing it for fame and/or fortune.

Did anyone really doubt that Spidey would make it out of Endgame alive and well?
Yea, that's certainly possible, though I think it would be cooler if he was a real wizard in this one, it would be a nice set up for a Spider-Man Doctor Strange crossover movie.

Oh, I think we knew that everyone was coming back after Avengers, it is just odd for them to be showing off one of the dead characters prior to the release of the film. I guess they had to with the movie coming out in just a couple of months, but I was still sorta looking forward to the reveal.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

So spoiler alert, not only did Spidey live at the end of Avengers (a foregone conclusion since we knew there was going to be another Spiderman movie) which allows them to give Stark his poignant "father" moment, Spidey his moving death scene, AND maybe the only real emotional tug of the whole movie, and get out alive, but Nick Fury makes it out too!

Love almost everything about this trailer though. Definitely will see this one in the theater. I hope they don't release too much more than what they've shown.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Yea, that's certainly possible, though I think it would be cooler if he was a real wizard in this one, it would be a nice set up for a Spider-Man Doctor Strange crossover movie.

Oh, I think we knew that everyone was coming back after Avengers, it is just odd for them to be showing off one of the dead characters prior to the release of the film. I guess they had to with the movie coming out in just a couple of months, but I was still sorta looking forward to the reveal.
Their options were to either wait until they only had two months to push the movie, or opt to spoil an obvious plot development that only the most vigorous of window-lickers would have not seen coming.

I suppose it's possible they could give Mysterio actual powers...but I have a hunch he's behind everything.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #8
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Looks good. I like Tom Holland in the role. MJ is beyond terrible though.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
I suppose it's possible they could give Mysterio actual powers...but I have a hunch he's behind everything.
You are probably right, since that is what the character does in the comics. I just like the idea of him having real powers because of the potential for Doctor Strange.

I guess you can tell I'm dying for the next Doctor Strange movie. I've got a nice copy of #1 around here somewhere.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #10
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:

Yeah, pretty much a given. UNLESS they go the cooler route and make villains heroes or vice versa, something I've been waiting for for a long bit.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
Yeah, pretty much a given. UNLESS they go the cooler route and make villains heroes or vice versa, something I've been waiting for for a long bit.
They've kinda done that with Loki by having him skirt the line. I'm sure they could pull off something similar with Doom, as well.

I guess I'd rather see them keep the villains as villains, but give more of them time to be developed. I'd rather see more villains that are a little bit more nuanced as opposed to an endless pile of one-offs with zero development.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #12
EGO
Evil Dead

There is NOTHING in the trailer that says it takes place AFTER Infinity War, so people talking shit about Infinity War spoilers are just being dense.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #13
EGO
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Looks good. I like Tom Holland in the role. MJ is beyond terrible though.
What's wrong with MJ, exactly?
Old 01-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #14
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGO View Post
What's wrong with MJ, exactly?
I'm just tired of the tough counterculture teen who is too cool for anyone else and never has any expression other than "I'm standoffishly awesome."
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm just tired of the tough counterculture teen who is too cool for anyone else and never has any expression other than "I'm standoffishly awesome."
Stop looking in the mirror?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #16
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

If this was the first sequel of any Spider-Man movie, it'd seem odd to take him out of New York so fast.

In the library of Spider-Man movies, makes sense for a change of venue.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #17
DingBat
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yeah, maybe in the wider world of movies. In the previous incarnations of Spiderman MJ and Gwen were kinda squeeky clean and more adult than teen. I think this is appropriate for a high school MJ.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #18
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
Yeah, maybe in the wider world of movies. In the previous incarnations of Spiderman MJ and Gwen were kinda squeeky clean and more adult than teen. I think this is appropriate for a high school MJ.
I think it's important to note that MJ in these Spider-Man films is NOT actually Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst/red head/"face it tiger, you hit the jackpot"/etc.). Her name is actually Michelle Jones and is a totally separate character.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #19
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Just wanted to say, sup to all the dickwads here.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #20
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
Just wanted to say, sup to all the dickwads here.
Wazzup?

Tags
spider-man far from home