Yesterday 06:36 AM
25 Replies, 1,303 Views

Old 10-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Steam Halloween Sale Has Begun

Uncle Gabe likes candy.

Quote:
The Steam Halloween Sale is on now! Users with hypselotimophobia have nothing to fear, but the rest of us do. Watch out for ghastly discounts on hundreds of frightening titles across the Steam catalog. Zombies, vampires, and ghosts-- Oh my!
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Raw
Evil Dead

Too disorganized. I'm not digging through 40 pages of deals to find something worthwhile. Even worse, since a few weeks, they changed the currency in my steam store, changing the base prices (some better, some way worse), so I won't even know if the deals are good or not.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
stalazon
The Dit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw View Post
Too disorganized.
Not saying it's not a poor layout; however, should be easy at least to check your wishlist for things you know you want to see if they're on discount, no?
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
stalazon
The Dit

Alternative options for viewing the sale:
http://www.steamgamesales.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/search...cials=1&page=1
stalazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Save big on SPOOKY Titles! Like... Pool Nation! Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw View Post
I won't even know if the deals are good or not.
I recommend the Enhanced Steam browser add-on. When you go to a game page, it shows you the historical lowest price for that game.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

Terrible sale with low reduction of prices on a select few games no one wants. Worse, the list page is terrible and even includes titles not on sale. Ah well, Christmas is coming.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Winter is coming.
Fixed that for you.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Fixed that for you.
Because it's funnier if you just make a reference as opposed to tweaking it to fit the specific issue at hand, allowing the viewer to not only laugh at the joke but to rejoice for having deciphered it? How about this, my unoriginal breath-mint friend, let's speak only in catch phrases from now on. I suspect that not only will court rooms filled with Sam Waterson lines and defense cries of the ill-fitting nature of gloves streamline our process but potentially spur human evolution. I mean, eventually we'll all have to be telepathic to discern the minutia of your system, once "Where's the beef," and "If you smell what the Rock is cooking" wears out its welcome at the local fuck-nut American legion barbecue and misery orgy. Ooo ooo no, I have a better idea. How about instead of following the suggestion of a man who may or may not be human, because we don't know as Evil Avatar doesn't use a captcha requirement, we all listen to me? I'm certainly not human but at least you all know that. Also there is the benefit of not having to listen to the advice of a man like who still thinks it's appropriate to shout "Aye caramba!” whenever he has a bowel movement.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:35 AM   #9
Scherge
Evil Dead

Quote:
Because it's funnier if you just make a reference as opposed to tweaking it to fit the specific issue at hand, allowing the viewer to not only laugh at the joke but to rejoice for having deciphered it? How about this, my unoriginal breath-mint friend, let's speak only in catch phrases from now on. I suspect that not only will court rooms filled with Sam Waterson lines and defense cries of the ill-fitting nature of gloves streamline our process but potentially spur human evolution. I mean, eventually we'll all have to be telepathic to discern the minutia of your system, once "Where's the beef," and "If you smell what the Rock is cooking" wears out its welcome at the local fuck-nut American legion barbecue and misery orgy. Ooo ooo no, I have a better idea. How about instead of following the suggestion of a man who may or may not be human, because we don't know as Evil Avatar doesn't use a captcha requirement, we all listen to me? I'm certainly not human but at least you all know that. Also there is the benefit of not having to listen to the advice of a man like who still thinks it's appropriate to shout "Aye caramba!” whenever he has a bowel movement.
Or... you could have just told him he didn't get the actual joke and linked to this image:

Old 10-31-2014, 06:05 AM   #10
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Or... you could have just told him he didn't get the actual joke and linked to this image:
I dunno man, Charlie Sheen has been there... And while I did like Starship Troopers, Dez was MUCH hotter.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Terrible sale with low reduction of prices on a select few games no one wants. Worse, the list page is terrible and even includes titles not on sale. Ah well, Christmas is coming.
Thank you sir. The best sales have been on other sites over the last year or so. Competition is good and they usually all redeem on steam. Steam is so bloated now and the fact that games that are scary but not on sale are listed in with all the actual reduced titles is beyond dumb. No good way to sort. Just stupid.

I was going to ask if there is anything good in there that I don't have since I didn't want to try to parse through that fucking nightmare.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #12
Nimos
Banned

GOG Sale
Nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

I use enhanced steam (browser add-on) and only refer to my very short and selective wish list. Too much bloat on Steam otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #14
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

After sifting through, the 2 games I found worth buying that were at a deep enough discount were:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (Don't let the name fool you. This is a fantastic loot RPG)

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

Hope that helps!
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
willbert
Reaper

I really suggest you all get Defender's Quest if you like a little tower defense and rpg skill tree upgrade/class/ inventory/loot kinda goodness. and a somewhat decent story. under 5 bucks...what a steal!
willbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #16
Anenome
Autarchist

This must mean Steam has gone mainstream, no longer feels the need to draw customers in with sensational sales.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #17
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
This must mean Steam has gone mainstream, no longer feels the need to draw customers in with sensational sales.
If someone else had posted this comment I'd have guessed it was sarcasm...

However, taking your postings into account, Anenome, I feel this is warranted:
Huh? This is from the start of 2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes
Steam controls half to 70% of the $4 billion market for downloaded PC games, selling titles from bigger firms such as EA and Activision, as well as Valve’s own games. Its sci-fi shoot-’em-up thriller Half-Life 2 has sold 12 million copies since 2004 and is the highest-rated PC game on the Web site Metacritic.
Steam has been mainstream for a long time....
What % of the market does a company need to control before it's "mainstream"?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #18
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Quote:
This is par for the course with their Halloween sales. Just some light seasonal discounts on Halloween themed titles.

Kinda has to go this way, since they have a decent sale at the end of November and a massive sale at the end of December. Can't imagine they'd make any money if they did a Winter sale half of three months each back to back.

This sale isn't helped by the Oct/Nov major title release period. This comes right in the middle of a bunch of exciting new releases, none of which could qualify for sale prices yet.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #19
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
This is par for the course with their Halloween sales. Just some light seasonal discounts on Halloween themed titles.
Good points.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #20
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Good points.
Very good points.

And. Did I mention how awesome The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is?
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steam, steam sale