Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 02:30 PM
19 Replies, 981 Views

Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

No Manís Sky Beyond Announced, Coming Summer 2019

Quote:
Hello everyone, we know that there is a lot of hunger out there for news and updates on No Manís Sky. We wanted to share some information from behind the scenes. Our next chapter will be called No Manís Sky Beyond, coming Summer 2019.

Each chapter for No Manís Sky has been more successful than the last. Thanks to our community, our large release last year, NEXT, was especially so. It went on to bring enjoyment to millions of new players, and it helped to change the legacy of this game we care so much about.

Earlier this year, while working on our roadmap of three future updates, we decided we wanted to interweave their features, and had a vision for something much more impactful. We are excited to announce that Beyond will contain those three major updates rolled into one larger free release.

The first component of Beyond we are announcing today is No Manís Sky Online.

No Manís Sky Online includes a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. While this brings people together like never before, and has many recognizable online elements, we donít consider No Manís Sky to be an MMO ó it wonít require a subscription, wonít contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players.

These changes are an answer to how we have seen people playing since the release of NEXT, and is something weíve dreamed of for a long time. We will talk more about each component when we know we can be precise, and look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks.

Beyond will be our most ambitious chapter so far, and something weíve been working ridiculously hard on. Weíll continue to support No Manís Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

Itís unexpected but so rewarding to see so many accolades and nominations for No Manís Sky as Best On-going or Most Evolved this year. To some NEXT may have felt like a natural end-point for our journey, but for us it was another step on a longer voyage.
blog.playstation.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Man... you have to respect this developer for not giving up on their baby. I haven't played the game yet because of the mediocre reviews upon release, but every time I see these free updates I'm tempted to jump in.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Man... you have to respect this developer for not giving up on their baby. I haven't played the game yet because of the mediocre reviews upon release, but every time I see these free updates I'm tempted to jump in.
It's not bad, it can be pretty fun. The biggest problem was that every world is pretty much the same even if they look slightly different and every world has pretty much 100% of the types of resources so you really don't actually need to head to another planet.

That plus not having any kind of a campaign... limited the game. It was fun for a few days and after that I never touched it again.

I keep seeing these updates and wanting to get back into it.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

That trailer showed nothing, said nothing .. just beyond.

They forgot to add "retarded".
Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #6
colonel 32dll
Squirshy Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Hi guys. Member since 2006, last post was 2011, but I visit daily. I had to chime in about No Man's Sky.

I didn't get the game until after the NEXT update but before the ABYSS update. I played for a couple hundred hours, got to the center of the galaxy (twice) and then ABYSS dropped and I spent another fifty hours checking out their additional underwater work. The game feels pretty filled out as a whole right now and is certainly worth playing. Also, all resources cannot be found on each planet, you must travel the stars to procure them, upgrade your ship and travel further.

I don't know if you've tried Subnautica, but for some reason it felt similar to NMS even though it's primarily under water and takes place on just one planet. It must have been the solitude of both games. Anyway, Subnautica gave me another couple hundred hours of exploration fun.
colonel 32dll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #7
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I really like the idea of NMS, I also really like the idea of them adding an expansive coop campaign which I hope they add one day. I will buy more copies!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Watch to the end. It just might have redeemed itself.

brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no man's sky