Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 02:30 PM
19 Replies, 979 Views

Old 03-07-2019, 01:43 PM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Im up my maymays and what not but this is some next level shit.
It's so next level most of his list doesn't even apply and never did. I get it, the nintendo cucks hate any realism in their vidja games.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #42
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Paying the same price for inferior versions of the same game is stupid, sorry it just is.
It's so freakin' hard to get through to you sometimes. If someone considers portability superior to graphics gap, then they're paying for more, not less. Just because you don't go anywhere doesn't mean other people don't. I'm tempted to pick up Skyrim on the Switch because I never played it through and I thought it would be a cool game to play on the back deck while I have the tiki torches lit and I smoke a cigar when the weather warms up. Does it look better on the PS4 or PC (both of which I own?) Yes. But it's not enough of a difference to really matter to me. Sometimes I'd like to have some fun with a game without being stuck at my desk (the same desk I work at all day since I work from home.) In my case, sometimes portability = superiority.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It's so freakin' hard to get through to you sometimes. If someone considers portability superior to graphics gap, then they're paying for more, not less. Just because you don't go anywhere doesn't mean other people don't. I'm tempted to pick up Skyrim on the Switch because I never played it through and I thought it would be a cool game to play on the back deck while I have the tiki torches lit and I smoke a cigar when the weather warms up. Does it look better on the PS4 or PC (both of which I own?) Yes. But it's not enough of a difference to really matter to me. Sometimes I'd like to have some fun with a game without being stuck at my desk (the same desk I work at all day since I work from home.) In my case, sometimes portability = superiority.
You have to keep in mind Chief I couldn't care less about mobile gaming and have no desire to partake in it in any form. I just don't care enough about it. So to me it's completely irrelevant if something is mobile or not. This obviously will vary for other people. PC's always been my primary platform if possible, it always will be. There are very few titles I'll ever buy for a console.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #44
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

So I have to keep in mind that other people are stupid because you don’t like mobile?
Old 03-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
So I have to keep in mind that other people are stupid because you don’t like mobile?
Nope but if you're settling for a switch version of something at the same price when other options are available to you? Why? Why subject yourself to that self torture?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #46
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Old 03-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #47
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Seriously Chief, it's like passing up a steak and settling for a McDonald's hamburger, at the same fucking premium price. Mobile is that important? Really? Sad.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:53 AM   #48
Juan
Evil Dead

It's a good idea but i heard it was bad game.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:59 AM   #49
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
Having portability without losing the power is the next frontier. Obviously we won't have tower desktop PC's forever.
To be frank, you're wrong. The latest technology always comes in a larger physical form, miniaturisation comes afterwards. This will never change. If you want the latest technology, be prepared for a bigger box.

This is the reason the switch sits just beyond the 360/ps3 powerwise, that's roughly where portable tech is right now (yes i know they could have gone slightly further but mass market and all that).

The technology in Switch is absolutely fine imo. The games look fantastic, i don't notice that much of a jump to ps4 etc, certainly not enough of a jump to make me want to ditch portability.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:52 AM   #50
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
The technology in Switch is absolutely fine imo. The games look fantastic, i don't notice that much of a jump to ps4 etc, certainly not enough of a jump to make me want to ditch portability.
Oh how I wish I could turn off the part of my brain that gives a damn about video fidelity at times, because it definitely stops me from fully enjoying the Switch. Games like Trials Rising are worse on the switch because the triggers are digital and the game runs at 30fps. Most of the Switch titles run at 900p, at best, with 720p being the more likely resolution you will see while docked. Some games have very good dynamic scaling and TAA, but all Nintendo titles lack TAA, and games like Xenoblade Chronicles X2 has one of the slowest implementations of dynamic scaling I have ever seen (frame-rate can be in the low 20's for several seconds before it kicks in, then it takes too long to go back to a normal output resolution).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:55 AM   #51
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Seriously Chief, it's like passing up a steak and settling for a McDonald's hamburger, at the same fucking premium price. Mobile is that important? Really? Sad.
Are you trying to be this dense? It's a trolling thing right? It has to be.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:19 AM   #52
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Are you trying to be this dense? It's a trolling thing right? It has to be.
It is. Trust me. There's no articulation of reality in regards to spec's triggers that will get through. I'm not saying he's Einstein. Or even Andy Warhol, but he's clearly not certifiably retarded, so that obvious brick wall of density has to be trolling. He's even implied it a few times when he's been really backed into a corner and couldn't find a way to defend the troll nonsense. If you finally "win", you actually lose, because he then just says " I just like getting the Nintendo pole smokers panties in a bunch. Sheesh" instead of saying "oh yah, well I kind of see your point". This guy is incapable of being wrong about anything, even on subjects where he often is. That's what makes him special though I guess. That's why we all like him! Right spec? Terrain loves him even. In a borderline uncomfortable way.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:29 AM   #53
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
You don't need to run out and spend 1000 bucks on a video card every year, most decent mid range cards will still let you get the majority of the bells and whistles without going the upgrade route on a constant basis. PC's just aren't like that any more having to play the constant upgrade game, and haven't been for a long while now.
I agree with Andy Warhol right here. I had an 8 year old card that could still run new AAAs on low to medium settings. I JUST finally replaced it with a Sapphire RX 580 8gb, which was a whopping $200 bucks. While I won't be 4k gaming, I will be able to 1080p game on ultra settings, which given my budget, is all I really want. $200 after an 8 year old card aint bad.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 03-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #54
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Im up my maymays and what not but this is some next level shit.
It's next level.

Spec just doesn't know it. Ever hear the little physics story about dimensions, where it you drop a 3d object into a 2d world, to all the 2d creatures it will still only look 2d because they can't see in 3 dimensions? A ball would look like a circle to them. The little 2d creatures would think a ball is a circle because they can never see outside their limitation. That's what spec is dealing with here. No matter how we try to explain it, he just can't see. Terrible handicap he's been given! Curse the gods! All we can do is give him support and patience. He'll never even have the tools to detect that there's more than a circle out there. I feel for him. Bless his heart though. He's like Sisyphus out there, rolling a giant rock up a mountain, only for it to fall, just so he can do it again. Forever. At least he's a happy person for it though...

Old 03-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #55
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
It is. Trust me. There's no articulation of reality in regards to spec's triggers that will get through. I'm not saying he's Einstein. Or even Andy Warhol, but he's clearly not certifiably retarded, so that obvious brick wall of density has to be trolling. He's even implied it a few times when he's been really backed into a corner and couldn't find a way to defend the troll nonsense. If you finally "win", you actually lose, because he then just says " I just like getting the Nintendo pole smokers panties in a bunch. Sheesh" instead of saying "oh yah, well I kind of see your point". This guy is incapable of being wrong about anything, even on subjects where he often is. That's what makes him special though I guess. That's why we all like him! Right spec? Terrain loves him even. In a borderline uncomfortable way.
Naw I just don't like mobile gaming, Must be the PC master race in me that won't settle for low ass resolutions and primitive control schemes. Wii motes, joycons, fucking garbage.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:20 AM   #56
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Naw I just don't like mobile gaming, Must be the PC master race in me that won't settle for low ass resolutions and primitive control schemes. Wii motes, joycons, fucking garbage.
HD RUMBLE!!!!

There is only one true perfect gaming solution. Everything else is actually ghetto.

A Pi with a 128GB SD card and emulation station. It stays powered on 24/7, has boxart, descriptions of the games, video previews, instant exit, 5 second load times, ONCE!!

It really is all you need. I actually just sold my PS4 Pro, it sold for $30 more than what i paid for it new. Cancelled PSN. The fucking thing updates all day, is slow to load and the boot sounds constantly and without fail reminded me this song. It drove me fucking nuts!

Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #57
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
HD RUMBLE!!!!

There is only one true perfect gaming solution. Everything else is actually ghetto.

A Pi with a 128GB SD card and emulation station. It stays powered on 24/7, has boxart, descriptions of the games, video previews, instant exit, 5 second load times, ONCE!!

It really is all you need. I actually just sold my PS4 Pro, it sold for $30 more than what i paid for it new. Cancelled PSN. The fucking thing updates all day, is slow to load and the boot sounds constantly and without fail reminded me this song. It drove me fucking nuts!

If you like retro gaming, no thanks, M/KB Though also didn't bother to reup on PS Plus. If I played anything MP on PS4 sure, really only have it for a couple games anyway.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:47 PM   #58
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
If you like retro gaming, no thanks, M/KB Though also didn't bother to reup on PS Plus. If I played anything MP on PS4 sure, really only have it for a couple games anyway.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #59
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Reggie doesn't even work for Nintendo anymore.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #60
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Reggie doesn't even work for Nintendo anymore.
Sure he does. He leaves April 15th.

Tags
friday the 13th