Last post by Dag-Sabot
Yesterday 03:38 PM
5 Replies, 1,085 Views

Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #61
biscuitbutt81
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
So there is no evidence that he is actually a pedophile at all?

We are back to just a bunch of shitty jokes 10 years ago and a weird pizzagate style witch hunt....

That's what I get for trusting breitbart as a source I guess.
Yeah, pretty much. His jokes were tasteless and crass (the guy that wrote and directed Tromeo and Juliet likes to tell tons of dirty jokes?!?!), and Disney has the right to the fire guy (Gunn even said as much in a tweet), but he's not the second coming of Hitler, and I wouldn't say his situation is really comparable to Roseanne Barr's.
biscuitbutt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #62
RAV
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc
Hate speech. SJW detected.

The problem is, not enough feel like you do. Also, your saying all of this under the guard of western civilization. Which amounts to you saying basically nothing.

Imagine if...
My city has been torn apart by left wing politics, crime is through the roof, my media is weimar tier garbage, my political leaders are fucking and trafficing children, my community is fragmented and useless and filled with drug addicted (losers)

Sualgoodman, lets chill, and teach other practical skills bro, fuck fascism and commies bro, im a middle of the road nigga, better than both sides. Fundamental centrist FTW, my dude. Lunatic fringe, we know your out there man!

Did the 40 Million Russians who just wanted to work and pray (shrug off) Bolshevism?
Pal, you call people "normies" for a reason. You know most of us basically just don't give a fuck about this.
And that's good. There's more important stuff to do. And the problems we have, we're gonna solve in a better way.
That's the thing, you know. Smart people figure out better solutions, not just any solution.

In Germany we had plenty of experience with the psycho-pathology of both Fascism and Marxism.
What's kinda hilarious and sad, both of these sorts running around today, think they are so clever and original,
but all their talk is word for word what people have been saying 80 years ago. It's all the same shit.

The first pockets of nazis were arguing exactly the same "If we don't do something, the Bolsheviks gonna get us, we have to fight fire with fire!"

I told you once, dude, that no one wins in this, least of all you. I talked some about the problems of Marxism, and a lot of it applies to fascism of course.

When marxists spiral down into a "never equal enough", the fascists spiral down into a "never pure enough".
You seriously think people are gonna be all happy, just because of proper race demographics?
I told you, that whites murdered each other in Europe for centuries.

And once the fascists get their spiral going, it doesn't stop at "white enough",
it goes into, are you tall enough? strong enough? is your hair blonde enough?,
your eyes blue enough? is your immune system robust enough?, do you work hard enough?

Whenever you deviate from the idealized picture of how a specimen is supposed to be,
you're taken out, in order to not pollute the gene pool. you disgusting piece of shit.

Now honestly guess, my dude, where you are on that shit list.
you're just cannon fodder at best for a small group of crazed people
you're not part of an enlightened circle that benefits from the New Order.

Morality developed as strategy for the survival of civilization.
People have seen the rise and fall of things for millenia.

It's precisely not simply about just "winning".
The term pyrrhic victory exists for a reason.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #63
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Almost every major city in the US is liberal and they are also the engines of capitalism.
Detroit isn't the engine of shit, it's a hollowed out husk.
San Francisco is great if you don't leave your Facebook commune so as to avoid stepping on the literal human shit and AIDS-riddled needles.
Los Angeles was an engine of idiocy in 1992. Not much better now.

Engines also don't run without power, which for most equates to fossil fuel. Which means Red state America.

Keep your diseased cities, lol.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #64
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Detroit isn't the engine of shit, it's a hollowed out husk.
San Francisco is great if you don't leave your Facebook commune so as to avoid stepping on the literal human shit and AIDS-riddled needles.
Los Angeles was an engine of idiocy in 1992. Not much better now.

Engines also don't run without power, which for most equates to fossil fuel. Which means Red state America.

Keep your diseased cities, lol.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, America is deeply dependent on the cities. Pretty much all of the inventions and entertainment you consume comes from the cities.

The reason america is great is because of the technological innovation that comes from those cities, which powers the entire economy.

That is where we lead every other country. In elite education, innovation and reduced regulation around starting a business. That is why we stay ahead.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #65
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, America is deeply dependent on the cities.
And the cities would be filled with rotting corpses if not for the rest of the nation feeding them and powering their industry, lol.

"dependent" no...interdependent.

Quote:
That is where we lead every other country.
We also lead in fossil fuel and food production, among other things. America leads in a lot of ways!

Quote:
In elite education
Our 'elite' educational institutions are filled with rot and useless, overpriced majors. The useful majors and programs are checkered around the nation, not in any one particular location. Many of our best universities are a huge portion of their local population as well, not a dot in an urban jungle.

Quote:
innovation and reduced regulation around starting a business.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, thank GOD for Trump and the Republicans on that score.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #66
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Almost every major city in the US is liberal and they are also the engines of capitalism.
All i care about is money....

Once the foundation is laid, then come the liberals dude. Liberals build nothing. I will give them credit, they are good at exploiting infrastructure, extracting money and unceremoniously burning it down when they are done with it because they are one trick ponies.

I guess i should be thankful for liberals for creating shit tier jobs that cant support a family. Because the financial bottom rung of society should never find security nor happiness. They don't live in a safe neighborhood because they are lazy, bad people. Why cant they just make 100k a year, how hard is even math?

I would have been fine to spend my life in the area i grew up in, but our culture is built around (one more exit down the freeway) to escape crime, forced integration, high taxes, garbage schools
Old 07-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #67
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, America is deeply dependent on the cities. Pretty much all of the inventions and entertainment you consume comes from the cities.

The reason america is great is because of the technological innovation that comes from those cities, which powers the entire economy.

That is where we lead every other country. In elite education, innovation and reduced regulation around starting a business. That is why we stay ahead.
And here you further prove that you have zero economical intellect and are devoid of intellectual honesty as usual. Give it up Eats, we get it you're a marxist proggie shitbag. We know.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #68
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Liberals build nothing. I will give them credit, they are good at exploiting infrastructure, extracting money and unceremoniously burning it down when they are done with it because they are one trick ponies.

I guess i should be thankful for liberals for creating shit tier jobs that cant support a family. Because the financial bottom rung of society should never find security nor happiness. They don't live in a safe neighborhood because they are lazy, bad people. Why cant they just make 100k a year, how hard is even math?
What the fuck are you talking about dude. Almost every tech company is liberal. So I guess google, microsoft, apple, mozilla built nothing. Even though those companies cover pretty much every cell phone and way to access the internet.

And how the fuck are you blaming low wage jobs on them and not the deterioration of unions combined with basic labor economics?
Old 07-22-2018, 10:19 PM   #69
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, thank GOD for Trump and the Republicans on that score.
Depends on the regulations. For example net neutrality was really a pro-business regulation unless you are basically a regulated monopoly.

I think some of the EPA stuff was probably overkill over the last 8 years. I don't think the answer to that was to gut the EPA and put a completely corrupt piece of shit in charge.

Last edited by Eats; 07-23-2018 at 02:44 AM..
Old 07-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #70
Eats
Developer

Quote:
We also lead in fossil fuel and food production, among other things. America leads in a lot of ways!
Pretty sure China leads in food production, and fossil fuel is probably not going to be a good long term plan for us. Solar and wind are only going to keep getting cheaper, and battery technology is also improving rapidly.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #71
RAV
Lord

Yeah, you're definitely hitting on a problem I wanted to talk about for a while as well.

Life is complex and full of dichotomies. And so are the characters of human beings.

It's true that many innovators/inventors have a liberal spirit. They absorb inspiration and knowledge from all around the world.
And what we see is indeed that many of our foremost companies today are managed with liberal policies, in part because they operate on global scale.

So it happens that somehow liberals appear to become great fans of capitalism in some way. But some people might say, in the worst way.
Many of these really big companies that are almost monopolies, are starting to adopt policies for their employees and customers,
that you might call anti-competitive. You might even call them marxist. With all kinds of quotas and rules of conduct,
and long lists of punishments. And sometimes weird ambitions beyond just satisfying demands.

What many conservatives feel these days, is indeed that capitalism has become a tool used against them, to destroy traditionalism, family and neighbourhoods.
It's almost as if liberals would say "Oh so you like capitalism? Here you have it! have aaaaalll of it, see how you like that! mwahahahahaha"
It's as if something very cynical is going on. We often complain about naivety, but what's really disturbing is the boundless cynicism.
And it feels like there is a weird transformative process going on with capitalism, where it becomes centralized/controlled instead free market competition.

Conservatives feel under siege, because the age of technical progress is hard enough to adapt to. But in addition there is an aggressive social war going on.
But conservatives are the backbone of society, they are the preservers of tried&true knowledge that "works".
And because every new development is not simply good only because it is new, there needs to be critical investigation of it.
We have to figure out how to use new things to our advantage, not our demise, that also takes the time and patience of conservatives.

But on the other hand, the times we are living these days are without a doubt the best times ever. For anyone. Seriously.
Of course we have huge amounts of problems. Like we always had, one way or another. We solved a bunch of problems from the past,
like scarcity. but got new problems along the way, like trash.
The solution of course is not to go back to the age of starvation,
but solve the new problems as we solved the old. Keep going.

One of the many challenges we have today is... the abundance of communication.
While a huge advantage of it is the transfer of knowledge around the world,
It has never been so easy to get your word out to the public.
I am not sure the human being is yet well adapted to that.

Now that we live in a time where everything we do is more or less public and recorded forever,
do we really want to live in a world, where everyone can be destroyed by digging around in your trash?
where you have to watch your every word and step at any time or regret it forever?
where large crowds just start jumping on you whenever it fits their agenda?
And all the survaillance and Big Data collection.

Every person deserves a considered defense. Every person deserves justice due process.
It's one of the major founding principles of modern civilization.

There is prosecution, there is defense, there is judge and a jury, in a court,
pondering the points and counter points in-depth with analytic and detached calm.

Another major achievement in our age of enlightenment is Restorative Justice instead of Punitive Justice.
We find out what's wrong, and set things right in appropriate measure, not just rain our rage down an individual to see him suffer.

Even if you "win" this, there will be nothing left worth living for.
once this moral is normalized, it just keeps switching targets.
Even after you got rid of either liberals or conservatives,
then the in-fighting begins by the same methods,
and you just wait, it's coming for you eventually.

So what we do? Have it keep spinning out of control, because the bad guys do it too?

Last edited by RAV; 07-22-2018 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-23-2018, 03:39 AM   #72
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

You convenient assholes. Holy shit what the F.

<INSERT NAME HERE> can say/tweet a bunch of shitty shit, and you act like Adolf Fucking H is up in this like a kaiju.

BUT

<INSERT (other) NAME HERE> can say/tweet a bunch of shitty shit, and we need to defend the hell out of him because of (reasons).

Fuck off.

Shit is shit. Have some semblance of moral equivalence. The stuff Gunn got caught tweeting was absolutely disgusting. Do not ever try to sugar coat it. If Disney had kept him on I would have simply, silently, not supported him. Easy. But good lord the leaps in which some people will go to, to defend this guy when others who they constantly bash have done similar, even less gross things, is really pathetic and just gross.

If you bash one person for tweeting dumb stuff, then you had damn well better bash another for constantly tweeting disgusting pedo "jokes."

And I wish I had a list of people who thought those "jokes" were funny. Because they are also sick. If you don't understand, then go read them again.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:44 AM   #73
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

If you have any sort of moral integrity, at all. I don't see how you can excuse dozens of "jokes" about harming children. It really disgusts me. I could quote several of the "jokes" in case you have conveniently forgot them, but I don't want to even look at them again.

For your stupid reference, I'm a 2X Obama voter, non religious person with no kids. And it still angers me more intensely than almost anything.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:48 AM   #74
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbutt81 View Post
Yeah, pretty much. His jokes were tasteless and crass (the guy that wrote and directed Tromeo and Juliet likes to tell tons of dirty jokes?!?!), and Disney has the right to the fire guy (Gunn even said as much in a tweet), but he's not the second coming of Hitler, and I wouldn't say his situation is really comparable to Roseanne Barr's.
"the guy that wrote and directed Tromeo and Juliet likes to tell tons of dirty jokes?!?!

OMG you're right! He made a couple edgy films, so dozens of tweets about how he raped and molested kids are okay! So glad you cleared this up! I'm sure everyone who makes edgy shitty films also talks about raping kids. Yeah, this is super normal. What was I thinking?

Go Against the Flow.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:49 AM   #75
RAV
Lord

Nah, in both cases, there were accusers and defenders.
To my understanding of justice, that's how it is supposed to be, if anything.
Even in war crime tribunals, they got some defense. It's a human right.
Whether it is enough to spare them consequences is another question.
The lawyers do their job best they can, and are not hanged afterwards.

I have not looked up any of that, and I am not particularly interested either.
We are talking about a lot of this on a general principle matter,
because this has been going on for a while on all kinds of smaller matters.

But whatever the case, no I don't share your outrage and bloodlust.
Because I just don't know the details of what was going on really.
Maybe he was badly drunk, maybe on drugs, maybe badly depressed, or whatever.
Rosseane for example is said to have been on certain meds that may have messed with her.
I just don't know. They didn't murder anyone. I suppose Gunn didn't actually do anything.
While you sound like wanting to hang both of them, I'm not interested in hanging any of them.
Because I have seen all kinds of good people say terrible shit when out of their mind.

Maybe it was correct they lost their jobs, because the companies have a reputation on the line.
So okay, they lost their jobs. Unless anything real is being uncovered beyond that,
the matter is closed as far as I am concerned. It's non of my business.
I also am not in favour of eternal damnations.
They made a mistake, paid a price. It's done.

But there is definitely a principle matter here, a greater problem that our society is facing.
I can tell you for sure, that when you read the chatlogs on Battlenet or whatever,
all kind of kids will say all kind of disgusting shit. It's just how it is.
Maybe I am desensitized from years of being shit talked in online games.
But you really want a world with a hangman on every corner over that?
You're gonna hang a lot of people, pal. A lot of little kids.

We are steering towards some dangerous developments, that have historical precedence as well,
there are very good reasons for how our modern justice system is set up.
Believe me, you don't wanna go back from that to public show trials.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:26 AM   #76
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Pretty sure China leads in food production
China leads in rice and pork (they better, with over a billion stomachs to feed), but America is the bread basket of the world and the largest exporter of food on earth. Your dependent cities would die without food, which doesn't come from the cities in quantities large enough to feed anything higher than a small commune from a garden or two, lol.

Quote:
and fossil fuel is probably not going to be a good long term plan for us. Solar and wind are only going to keep getting cheaper, and battery technology is also improving rapidly.
:facepalm:

You're one of 'them' aren't you. The idiots who think that solar, wind and batteries are actually 'clean' technologies that are economically viable.

Solar and wind power collection both kill hordes of winged creatures. Solar is environmentally damaging in its manufacturing process, but batteries are even worse (rare earth and toxic components). The energy used to produce and maintain an 'electric' car is higher than that used to produce and maintain a fossil fuel vehicle. They are worse for the environment. Period.

Fossil fuels aren't going anywhere, Mr. "70s Peak Oil" man.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #77
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
If you have any sort of moral integrity, at all. I don't see how you can excuse dozens of "jokes" about harming children. It really disgusts me. I could quote several of the "jokes" in case you have conveniently forgot them, but I don't want to even look at them again.

For your stupid reference, I'm a 2X Obama voter, non religious person with no kids. And it still angers me more intensely than almost anything.
I couldn't disagree more. All I've been wondering is if this guy is a pedophile or not, and if he is, why is he not locked up? Making a joke, hell even a 100% serious tweet, does not constitute pedophilia (it could constitute a threat or something, but that's another matter). Red flags? Sure, whatever. Fire him? Why not, who cares, it's a business.

No one can tell me why he's not locked up, so I must conclude no crime (hell let's leave the door open and even say provable crime) has been committed. Jokes are not a crime, bad taste is not a crime, saying outrageous things for any infinite conceivable reasons known or unknown, is not a crime.

The moment you decide a topic (any topic, doesn't matter what it is) is "verboden" to discuss, joke, make fun/light of, broach, etc... Is the moment you've become the monster, not the other way around.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #78
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
No one can tell me why he's not locked up, so I must conclude no crime (hell let's leave the door open and even say provable crime) has been committed.
This is really terrible logic. Just abysmal.

Thanks Obama! lol...

Old 07-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #79
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
This is really terrible logic. Just abysmal.

Thanks Obama! lol...
Please feel free to elucidate.

Here we'll start simple and go from there. Do you believe a crime has been committed?

This is a personal question, of you and you alone, not politics, tweets, anything else, just you.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #80
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Please feel free to elucidate.
"he's not locked up, so I must conclude no crime..."

If you need help understanding why this is terrible logic, perhaps ask a family member or a professional?

Tags
guardians of the galaxy 3