Post something good you...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 04:01 PM
72 Replies, 17,032 Views

Old 09-06-2019, 04:30 AM   #1
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Game Developer Alec Holowka Commits Suicide After #MeToo Twitter Accusation

On August 26th Alec Holowka, one of the co-creators of the indie hit "Night In The Woods" suffered a #MeToo accusation via Twitter and Video Game press from Zoe Quinn, the subject of the "5 Guys" post which was the genesis of Gamergate.

From Gamerants:

Quote:
A few days ago, Zoe Quinn accused Night in the Woods developer Alec Holowka of abusing her. Shortly thereafter, the Night in the Woods team cut ties with Holowka, and announced that the game he was working on with them had been canceled. Now we have learned that Holowka has passed away, as announced by his sister Eileen Holowka on Twitter.
Here is a video from The Quartering discussing the events.

Some feel this is part of an overall campaign for Zoe to get back in the spotlight and increase her Patreon revenue, which has dried up, and the death was just a happy accident drawing more attention her way.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

She really is a human cum stain.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
the death was just a happy accident drawing more attention her way.
While I do feel she is absolute scum and shares some major responsibility here, this quote is pretty heavy. Is the implication that she's happy she indirectly caused this guy's suicide? I haven't done any digging so I don't know the reactions to his death. Is she really benefiting from this? Are people really happy the guy killed himself? If so, it's truly insane.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
Ayup
Dread Lord

Maybe he was channeling his inner Bob Ross
Ayup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #5
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

He should've sued her instead of killing himself but hey, you do you.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
He should've sued her instead of killing himself but hey, you do you.
His family might.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
NESter the Unlikely
Subscriber

Suicide is just another tool of the patriarchy to oppress and marginalize innocent beautiful womyns who din du nuffin. Clearly this guy was on track to shoot up a Gamestop before Chelsea Valkenburg heroically intervened and saved us all from another tragedy. I for one think she deserves a medal.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #8
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

does anyone know if the allegations were true or not?

I despise Zoe Quinn but what if her story is true and she was abused by him?
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post

bahahaha yeah no this feminist cunt has a long track record of this shit now. The marxist left is doing a bang up job of ruining gaming as a hobby.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:

That's the thing.
Either he was overcome with guilt or if not he lost his entire goal in life and was blacklisted. He would never be able to work in the industry again. If he's as big as a nerd as any of us it's not hard to understand the entire gravity of guilt or complete loss he was suffering.

What he may have done is wrong but this outcome does not seem right without facts and evidence to back up and even justify his dismissal from his entire life's work and future.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #11
Blackwing
Slacker

Quote:

It's possible something may have happened, he was one of her defenders and we all know how well male fems are. His family most likely wont go after Quinn over this. And according to her, Alec has been dealing with mental issues for sometime so this really might be a case of the left eating their own. In my eyes they are all scum, Quinn, his family, and his suppose "friends".
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #12
Mozgus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
She really is a human cum stain.
How dare you. Cum can create life. Zoe can only take life. Retract your statement.
Mozgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #13
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Apparently he predicted this back in 2016. He made a long facebook post, an image of which has been archived here. Here's the clip:

Old 09-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #14
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

Quote:

Then you go to the police and press criminal charges against him. You don't start a twitter lynch mob and have him driven from the industry on just your word. Especially the word of a person who has a tendency to not tell the truth.
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

There's nothing good about this, there's nobody involved doing the right or noble thing in this, there's nothing to be said that can make this any better.

This whole thing is just a cesspit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:17 PM   #16
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicToEat View Post
Then you go to the police and press criminal charges against him. You don't start a twitter lynch mob and have him driven from the industry on just your word. Especially the word of a person who has a tendency to not tell the truth.
This is the key, IMO. Twitter, Polygon, Kotoku, and others are not the place to adjudicate things like this especially considering some of the charges totally seem totally outlandish.

Once the Twitter mob gets started that is the end of it. Apparently it got to the point where the company Zoe is currently working with was boosting and retweeting supportive tweets from their official Twitter account.

Ironically, people may remember Zoe was the founder and ran a Cyber Bullying foundation so it is difficult to think she did NOT know there would be massive consequences to her Twitter release.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:15 AM   #17
holysin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicToEat View Post
She went through a lot too and didn't kill herself. You know who commits suicide after being accused of something? The GUILTY.
holysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysin View Post
She went through a lot too and didn't kill herself. You know who commits suicide after being accused of something? The GUILTY.
People who get bullied also commit suicide. Take your #metoo third wave feminism and shove it soyboy.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:01 AM   #19
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
She allegedly went through a lot.

All we have is a Tweet with some somewhat out there and often inconsistent details and difficult to believe stories (he isolated her but always had friends over? He walked her around the apartment with his fingers "inside" her?) from a source who has a troubled relationship with the truth.

On the other side we have a mentally damaged dude who had his whole life destroyed in the space of 3 days by a girl he had been intimate with years ago and defended during Gamergate. And with this being such a large event any employer in any industry who searches him will see front and center how he was accused (and found guilty by the Twitterati and gaming press, without benefit of evidence or trial) of some serious sexual and mental abuse.

Even if he became a one man studio this event would taint any release he ever sent to the world.

The guy was in his mid-30s. This was going to haunt him for LIFE. With his mental issues I can see why he chose the easy way out.

I have a hard time thinking she was ignorant of the ramifications of her tweet. Someone with as much experience in the art of death-by-twitter (this isn't her first rodeo) and supposed expertise in Cyberbullying would have known better.

If I were the guy's family I would seriously consider bringing charges against everyone involved in the dog-pile, starting with her.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:40 AM   #20
Reznoriam
Knight

Quote:
How about people who have their entire career, life's work, and future capacity to make a living for themselves destroyed through no fault of their own apart from being a recognizable name?

Go tell your mistress you've been bad and to put your muzzle back on.
Reznoriam is offline   Reply With Quote