PS Plus Free Games for...
Last post by LostToys
Today 09:24 AM
7 Replies, 679 Views
» Promotion

Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pirates Locked Out Of Game’s Improvements In Latest Patch

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
On its surface, Mass Effect: Andromeda's latest patch polished up a ton of gameplay issues and overhauled the game's distracting eye-graphics. Now, reports say the upgrade also comes loaded with stronger anti-tamper technology that will stop pirates from cracking the game anymore.

DSOG is reporting patch 1.05 upgrades the game's Denuvo anti-tamper software to a new version. That will keep pirates from cracking the game now, and also mean anyone who's playing a pirated version won't be able to upgrade
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

the last patch fixed a lot more than the animations and most of them are PC ver. improvements...
Old 04-11-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The up side to this story is that no one noticed if the PC patch improved the game since the PC version is only available through the fucking Windows Store or Origin and not through Goddamn Steam like the rest of the known universe.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 AM   #4
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The up side to this story is that no one noticed if the PC patch improved the game since the PC version is only available through the fucking Windows Store or Origin and not through Goddamn Steam like the rest of the known universe.
So boot up Origin, same damn thing as Steam, just a different desktop icon. It's really not that big a deal.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 AM   #5
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Let me fix that for Gamespot

Quote:
On its surface, Mass Effect: Andromeda's latest patch polished up a ton of gameplay issues and overhauled the game's distracting eye-graphics. Now, reports say the upgrade also comes loaded with stronger anti-tamper technology that will stop pirates from cracking the game for at least a few days.

DSOG is reporting patch 1.05 upgrades the game's Denuvo anti-tamper software to a new version. That will keep pirates from cracking the game for now, and also mean anyone who's playing a pirated version won't be able to upgrade until the newest crack is released.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:53 AM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

lol. We'll fix you pirates! We'll release a game so screwed up and complained about that it will necessitate patches that we'll lock you out of so you have to play the crappy original version.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 AM   #7
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Let me fix that for Gamespot
I came in to say the same thing
Old 04-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #8
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Cracked update is being tested by CPY as this happens lol.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #9
ministryofwrath
Dread Lord

Still can't fix the tranny looking females...

All the males are hot, but all the females are so ...not , even the females who were face scanned somehow didn't end up as accurately attractive as the male models.

regardless the patch should have been done before it was out.

You know I'm opposed to early accesses games, but when you buy a AAA title game these days, you've got to admit, they have no inclination or obligation to patch your game, you paid for a supposedly finished product, if it wasn't for PR you'd be out of luck, at least early access games have to do a minimum for a while or lose all credibility and can't be allowed to make money.

Such a paradox

CD project is my favorite dev, and I haven't even played through the witcher 3, its sitting on my computer with all the DLC.... so tempting...but such a large game.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #10
LostToys
Evil Dead

The game is really only as large as you are willing to spend time in it. I personally spend way too much time in open world games trying to finish off side-quests, tasks, and other shit because I do not like looking at a clean map, but you could easily play through something like the Witcher 3 (no DLC) in 35 to 40 hours if you concentrate on the main story and do some side quests here and there to keep Geralt properly leveled and geared up.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #11
ministryofwrath
Dread Lord

What kills me in the witcher...is that everything is brilliantly voiced acted and beckons you to finish it for the story, if it were just random quests or resource grinds, but it's voiced, I guess maybe the content of every quest isn't good just because all the quests have good voice acting, but it still urges me to do a full play through
Old 04-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #12
NickAragua
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
What kills me in the witcher...is that everything is brilliantly voiced acted and beckons you to finish it for the story, if it were just random quests or resource grinds, but it's voiced, I guess maybe the content of every quest isn't good just because all the quests have good voice acting, but it still urges me to do a full play through
via Imgflip Meme Generator
NickAragua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #13
karaliusbronius
Soul Reaper

I don't get all the complaints, runs great on my PS4pro. Game has its downfalls, not as good as #2, but still a really great game.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #14
ministryofwrath
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAragua View Post
Brilliant sir!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
I don't get all the complaints, runs great on my PS4pro. Game has its downfalls, not as good as #2, but still a really great game.
I'm 50 some odd hours in, it's no Mass Effect 1 or Dragon Age Origins, but despite some questionable, even amateurish writing in places, I'm enjoying it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #16
Loop
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
To EA's credit, Origin has come a long way since its release. The store page and browsing functionality do leave something to be desired (there's a lot of wasted screen real-estate) but, if nothing else, the client lets you do what you need to do with minimal issue: buy games, play games.

The only real problem I've ever had with Origin is this weird overlay bug that sometimes causes a game to Alt+Tab whenever a notification pops up. You can get around that by either disabling the overlay altogether or just disabling notifications (you can still bring up the overlay to see invites, chat, etc., you just don't get the pop-up).
Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #17
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loop View Post
To EA's credit, Origin has come a long way since its release. The store page and browsing functionality do leave something to be desired (there's a lot of wasted screen real-estate) but, if nothing else, the client lets you do what you need to do with minimal issue: buy games, play games.

The only real problem I've ever had with Origin is this weird overlay bug that sometimes causes a game to Alt+Tab whenever a notification pops up. You can get around that by either disabling the overlay altogether or just disabling notifications (you can still bring up the overlay to see invites, chat, etc., you just don't get the pop-up).
One of the things that annoys me most about Origin is when I browse to some games, like the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises in particular, it doesn't show me the DLC available with the purchase or for additional purchase right there. Also they use these stupid points still instead of straight up dollars.

All I see is the main titles. Presumably because the DLC is sold via the in-game marketplace? Either way they don't even LIST the available DLC for the games, which to me is sort of important, especially when I know there's a shitload of DLC for the games.

With Mass Effect I know there's about 10 DLCs so when I buy the "Trilogy" and it only includes a few items I want to know which I still need to buy and how much it's going to cost me before I dive in. That info is missing from the Origin page, and I suspect for good reason. If they showed the info you'd realize you'd be short about $50 or more of DLC purchases to get the full ME 1 - 3 experience.

I was nearly suckered in till I looked up the included contents on a 3rd party Wiki.

This is yet another one of the many things I think Steam does really well. They don't obscure the DLC included or available. It feels like Origin is trying to pull a fast one with their "Complete" versions of games and franchises.

I beat this drum a lot with Mass Effect because the "complete" trilogy has been on sale a lot lately but it not limited to ME. The Sims, Dragon Age, and many other DLC heavy games simply don't let you know how deep the rabbit hole goes when you look at their pages and/or buy them on Origin.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ea games, mass effect andromeda