Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 01:21 AM
7 Replies, 1,042 Views

Old 12-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #21
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy View Post
Has it actually confirmed that there was a DDOS attack? Because don't both of these networks go down every Christmas due to the heavy influx of new players that are all trying to get system and game updates at the same time?
Lizard Squad's involvement is not confirmed.

Lizard Squad on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/FUCKCRUCIFIX
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #22
shadow763
Lord of Woe

I can still play my single player games. Well at least the ones I want to play. I haven't checked the others. Plus Steam is up still. :P
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #23
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Multi-player used to be connecting to consoles together. Now it requires accounts with the parent company who also host the servers which can be taken down killing the multi-player component and thus forcing you to buy the next version.

Single player used to be pop a disk in a play, not wait an hour for forced system updates so they can stop the latest round of haxxors, or constant connection to an online server, which means that can be killed at some point as well.

Don't hate the people who are exposing the weaknesses in this anti-consumer business model, blame the companies that put it together in the first place.
Yeah, you're right, it's Sony's fault that the hackers are preventing me from getting online right now... you're an idiot. I'm assuming you run around and say don't hate the player hate the game? I hope you fucking die a horrible death along with these hackers. Not to mention, you're an idiot. It probably sucks being you, being an idiot, life is probably hard for you. I would get some education or surround yourself around stupid people so life isn't so depressing. I'm assuming you do, which would be your family or dumbass friends that listen to your crap. Or maybe you don't have any friends or family which is why you are on this forum saying idiot things because you're hoping maybe other people on the internet will think that you are important and have deep, intelligent things to say. Too bad you're an idiot and what you said probably took the same intelligence that my cat has to take a shit in the litter box.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #24
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
Umm... i wasn't insulting anyone. I was agreeing and adding to what Metal Jesus said.
Woooow it was obviously a joke yo wow this guy.

Probably doesn't even know what DDoS stands for.

Fucking casual.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #25
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
Yeah, you're right, it's Sony's fault that the hackers are preventing me from getting online right now... you're an idiot. I'm assuming you run around and say don't hate the player hate the game? I hope you fucking die a horrible death along with these hackers. Not to mention, you're an idiot. It probably sucks being you, being an idiot, life is probably hard for you. I would get some education or surround yourself around stupid people so life isn't so depressing. I'm assuming you do, which would be your family or dumbass friends that listen to your crap. Or maybe you don't have any friends or family which is why you are on this forum saying idiot things because you're hoping maybe other people on the internet will think that you are important and have deep, intelligent things to say. Too bad you're an idiot and what you said probably took the same intelligence that my cat has to take a shit in the litter box.
Remind me to never mess with a paid gaming service that is around 5 bucks a month, goddamn.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #26
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Nintendo Network is up and running. 😄
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #27
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Yeah Mario Kart is playing just fine!

Next gen!
Old 12-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #28
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
WOW!
I don't fully agree with what Pacer had to say, but to wish death on someone you don't know, over a post on a gaming website is fucked up. Sounds to me like it's you that has the hard life with nothing to do during the holiday season except play video games, and fantasize about the death of some anonymous guy on the web.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #29
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I hope these hacking fools realize they are bringing up an entire generation of techies now that will hate hackers and will do everything possible to stop them in their future careers.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #30
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I hope these hacking fools realize they are bringing up an entire generation of techies now that will hate hackers and will do everything possible to stop them in their future careers.
lol no... By "techies" you mean idiots that watch The Big Bang Theory.

Console fucks got what they deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Multi-player used to be connecting to consoles together. Now it requires accounts with the parent company who also host the servers which can be taken down killing the multi-player component and thus forcing you to buy the next version.

Single player used to be pop a disk in a play, not wait an hour for forced system updates so they can stop the latest round of haxxors, or constant connection to an online server, which means that can be killed at some point as well.

Don't hate the people who are exposing the weaknesses in this anti-consumer business model, blame the companies that put it together in the first place.
Best post in the entire thread.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #31
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
WOW!
I don't fully agree with what Pacer had to say, but to wish death on someone you don't know, over a post on a gaming website is fucked up. Sounds to me like it's you that has the hard life with nothing to do during the holiday season except play video games, and fantasize about the death of some anonymous guy on the web.
It pisses me off you haven't change your avatar in a while.

A little bit.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #32
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
It pisses me off you haven't change your avatar in a while.

A little bit.
And that's why I love you A
Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #33
WileE.Coyte
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I don't know about that but I'm in for mandatory sentencing 20 years sounds good. Don't care if it doesn't stop them but knowing some douche is sitting their best years in prison for being a douche is good with me.
WileE.Coyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #34
Taiso
Evil Dead

I mostly just lurk here now, but I thought I'd post this. Looks like Lizard Squad might have just gotten doxxed. I don't know if it's legit. Sharing because it might be relevant.

http://www.lizardsquad.info/
Old 12-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #35
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
lol no... By "techies" you mean idiots that watch The Big Bang Theory.

Console fucks got what they deserved.
Oh, Lord. Usual bullshit from the master of hypocrisy, cynicism and delusions. People deserve to be hacked and have their good times ruined simply because they prefer consoles? While you happen to be a console owner yourself? There is no end to your stupidity. Simply none.

Unless I'm missing something here, feel free to correct me (although you and correct don't usually go together very well).
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:22 AM   #36
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Oh, Lord. Usual bullshit from the master of hypocrisy, cynicism and delusions. People deserve to be hacked and have their good times ruined simply because they prefer consoles? While you happen to be a console owner yourself? There is no end to your stupidity. Simply none.

Unless I'm missing something here, feel free to correct me (although you and correct don't usually go together very well).
Go back and look at the other half of the post you chose to ignore as usual. Then again reading comprehension and critical thought isn't your thing.

Last edited by Suicidal ShiZuru; 12-26-2014 at 04:20 AM..
Suicidal ShiZuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #37
josurprise
Squire

Every time something like this happens, I close my eyes and try to relate to the hackers. But then I realize I know what a vagina looks like in person, and I realize I'll never understand their plight. Poor bastards.
josurprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:26 AM   #38
DingBat
Evil Dead

Quote:
Dude, you need help. Really. Please go try to find some counselling or something.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #39
BeachGaara
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
WOW!
He's an edgy 4chan /b/tard.

He's got edge sharper than a Ginsu and you can't deal with it.

I tip my fedora to the sir.
BeachGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #40
TyphoidMarty
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
Another forum users with no knowledge, probably doesn't even know what DDOS stands for. I'd give my left testicle to come up with a preventative solution for DDOS, very rich indeed.

It's like the weather man saying it is going to snow and then getting upset that your city didn't do anything to prevent the snow fall on the street when traffic is slowed to a crawl.
Yeah there is no rubber stamp solution to someone throwing a bunch of traffic from a number of servers at your shit. But I think they could probably do more. Akamai has a service (App layer? I forget the name) that specifically addresses DDoS attacks. If I was trying to make my service more DDoS proof (and lets face it, console makers get a lot of hate so it is probably a good idea), I would abstract my first layer of user authentication to be just a brute force counter, looking for something like 5 user login attempts in under a second - imposing a 20 minute wait on anyone who failed it. I would then have Akamai cache that task (effectively, that means they run it) and only users who pass that are habdled by my actual service.

Full disclosure: I am an ecommerce developer, not a game developer. We do have to have strategies for DDoS attacks though.

Tags
douchebaggery, haxored, psn, xbox live