Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Booda
Today 09:24 AM
5,877 Replies, 1,302,137 Views
Star Wars Obi-Wan Series...
Last post by excalibur1814
Today 06:39 AM
16 Replies, 845 Views
RIP Kobe Bryant and...
Last post by Azrael
Today 05:21 AM
5 Replies, 563 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:55 AM
252 Replies, 75,619 Views
Torchlight Frontiers...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 12:23 AM
10 Replies, 390 Views
2002 PT Cruiser Died
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 09:46 PM
7 Replies, 227 Views
Bad Boys for Life Scores...
Last post by Azzy
Yesterday 09:44 PM
3 Replies, 284 Views
Is EA working on a...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 04:05 PM
50 Replies, 1,538 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #5161
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Speaking of policy choices benefiting a politician personally.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...in_return.html
Nope. Those book deals were highly profitable for the publishers as stand alone deals. If it was a bribe the publisher should be losing money on the books, not making a shrewd business deal/investment with huge profitable returns.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...n-mystery.html
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #5162
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
I don't really want to end up on a government watch list so can you chill with the blatant antisemitic bullshit that has nothing to do with this thread.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #5163
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Nope. Those book deals were highly profitable for the publishers as stand alone deals. If it was a bribe the publisher should be losing money on the books, not making a shrewd business deal/investment with huge profitable returns.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...n-mystery.html
Haha, that's stupid. Bribes happen because they benefit both/all parties. It's true that your initial investment of a bribe requires you to lay out some cash etc, the end result should be profitable for both the briber and the bribee, financially or otherwise. Another instance of double standards from Eats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
chill with the blatant antisemitic bullshit that has nothing to do with this thread.
This I agree with 100%. Nobody else here wants to go down this rabbit hole with you Spec or whoever this new guy is. I have no trouble lambasting Marxists but I'm personally sick of "da jooooooos" talk and you're not getting people to bite.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #5164
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Haha, that's stupid. Bribes happen because they benefit both/all parties. It's true that your initial investment of a bribe requires you to lay out some cash etc, the end result should be profitable for both the briber and the bribee, financially or otherwise. Another instance of double standards from Eats.
Both parties don't benefit from both sides of a bribe. It is a transaction where each party benefits from one side of the transaction. Like a payment of money in exchange for an illegal service. Examples: Ukraine announcing a fake investigation of Biden for Money, paying a judge to make a ruling, paying customs to look the other way on an inspection.

If the publisher is benefitting from the book deal how is it a payment for a bribe and not just a good business deal? It stands by itself as a good deal for both parties separate from any other transaction. It doesn't depend on any other deal. It would be a good deal for any book publisher to sign off on.

Last edited by Eats; 12-09-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:58 PM   #5165
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Can't wait for US Attorney John Durham's indictments to come down, pegging the final nail in the coffin of your three year 'muh Russia' coup attempt fail.
It's been a sort of open secret for a while that this isn't happening. Maybe some low level people, but the Durham report isn't going to say what you want it to say.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #5166
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I don't really want to end up on a government watch list so can you chill with the blatant antisemitic bullshit that has nothing to do with this thread.
Being critical of Zionism is hardly antisemitic. To know who rules over you, simply look to who you can't criticize.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:08 PM   #5167
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Yes, but what he's accused of doesn't seem to be illegal by itself. Trump offered a deal to Ukraine along the lines of "I will give you X if you give me Y". That's not illegal. So all the witnesses testifying that that happened seems pointless. You want to change that to "I will give you X if you give my Y, because Y is of major personal benefit to me". But you're never going to be able to prove the because part, leaving you with just a normal deal between nations, nothing illegal about it.
a) There is testimony that Trump wanted Ukraine to specifically publicly announce an investigation, not engage in an actual real investigation. Leaving no other explanation except: "I will give you X if you give my Y, because Y is of major personal benefit to me". The money release wasn't contingent on the investigation, but the public announcement of it for personal political gain.

b)Trump does not have a record of anti-corruption work at all. He literally tried to publicly award government contracts to himself like 1-2 months ago.

c)The nature of these investigations is highly political and of personal benefit to him. If this is about anti-corruption work he would've already provided evidence of all the other anti-corruption work he is doing abroad.

d)Trump has also stopped people from testifying who can further confirm this. That is obstruction of justice, and the articles of impeachment against Nixon specifically included this charge for exactly this reason.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #5168
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Being critical of Zionism is hardly antisemitic. To know who rules over you, simply look to who you can't criticize.
Calling out people for their religion is not criticism. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not involved in any zionist conspiracy. All you are engaging in is antisemitism.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #5169
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
a) There is testimony that Trump wanted Ukraine to specifically publicly announce an investigation, not engage in an actual real investigation. Leaving no other explanation except: "I will give you X if you give my Y, because Y is of major personal benefit to me". The money release wasn't contingent on the investigation, but the public announcement of it for personal political gain.
Eh, still seems very flimsy to me. Certainly far from conclusive proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
b)Trump does not have a record of anti-corruption work at all. He literally tried to publicly award government contracts to himself like 1-2 months ago.
Trump has an incredibly long history of saying he wants to go after corrupt democrats, like Hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
c)The nature of these investigations is highly political and of personal benefit to him. If this is about anti-corruption work he would've already provided evidence of all the other anti-corruption work he is doing abroad.
He has been very consistent with his stance that he wants to pursue corrupt officials since his earliest campaign days, from Hillary to "drain the swamp". This isn't new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
d)Trump has also stopped people from testifying who can further confirm this. That is obstruction of justice, and the articles of impeachment against Nixon specifically included this charge for exactly this reason.
Did I miss this being confirmed? Certainly possible, but I can't help but think this is wishful thinking.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #5170
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
It's been a sort of open secret for a while that this isn't happening. Maybe some low level people, but the Durham report isn't going to say what you want it to say.
Lol. You're hoping.

Durham came out today and clearly disagreed with the IG conclusion that the predicate for investigating Trump was sufficient. Barr also disagrees. Durham has subpoena power, meaning he's seeing information the IG cannot access.

Your shit is hitting the fan. The IG report was bad enough for you dingbat failures and your miserable banana-republic coup attempt.

It's happening. Good shit. Enjoy the show! I know I SURE AS HELL AM!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:08 PM   #5171
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
All of them are blue! What is this clue?
OMG, these are blue too. Whatever the fuck shall we do?

Fuck off.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #5172
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Calling out people for their religion is not criticism. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not involved in any zionist conspiracy. All you are engaging in is antisemitism.
It has nothing to do with their religion at all. If you're too retarded to realize that, you shouldn't be at the adults table in regards to politics. You obviously have ZERO clue the amount of power Zionist Jews wield. That does not mean ALL Jews either. There is a very clear difference.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #5173
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,249
Hell even Tucker is naming the Jew now. https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...son-henry-ford
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #5174
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Lol. You're hoping.

Durham came out today and clearly disagreed with the IG conclusion that the predicate for investigating Trump was sufficient. Barr also disagrees. Durham has subpoena power, meaning he's seeing information the IG cannot access.

Your shit is hitting the fan. The IG report was bad enough for you dingbat failures and your miserable banana-republic coup attempt.

It's happening. Good shit. Enjoy the show! I know I SURE AS HELL AM!
Please bring your unique voice and ideas to these markets. Or wait for the 2020 ones if you want. You have a lot of ideas that would really be great for PredictIt.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...y-Dec-31,-2019

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ember-31,-2019

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ember-31,-2019

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ember-31,-2019
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #5175
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
It has nothing to do with their religion at all. If you're too retarded to realize that, you shouldn't be at the adults table in regards to politics. You obviously have ZERO clue the amount of power Zionist Jews wield. That does not mean ALL Jews either. There is a very clear difference.
So just to be clear. You believe Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan are active participants in a zionist conspiracy? Is that correct?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #5176
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
So just to be clear. You believe Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan are active participants in a zionist conspiracy? Is that correct?
RBG is a feminist moron. And possibly a Zionist. It doesn't matter she'll be dead soon. Schumer and little Adam Schiff on the other hand? Likely Zionists.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #5177
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Please bring your unique voice and ideas to these markets.
Lulz. Winning is all that matters in politics. It's awesome.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #5178
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Trump has an incredibly long history of saying he wants to go after corrupt democrats, like Hillary.

He has been very consistent with his stance that he wants to pursue corrupt officials since his earliest campaign days, from Hillary to "drain the swamp". This isn't new.
Anti-corruption doesn't mean going after your political opponents exclusively. That isn't anyone's interpretation of what that means. More people directly associated with Trumps campaign are in jail for corruption then anyone Trump's supposed "anti-corruption work" has put in jail, which currently stands at 0 people. We don't even need to count all of Trump's cabinet members who resigned in disgrace under corruption investigations.

If there is legitimate anti-corruption work then where is it? Trump has not come forward with other legitimate investigations he demanded into corruption because those investigations do not exist.

If your definition of anti-corruption is Trump pursuing the announcement of fake investigations into his political rivals, then that is just bribery with Ukraine. There is already testimony from everyone involved with Ukraine including people on Trumps team that he was doing exactly this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Did I miss this being confirmed? Certainly possible, but I can't help but think this is wishful thinking.
You mean that Trump is asserting executive privilege to stop people from testifying? That is confirmed, yes.


None of this really matters though. Trump is super guilty, but there isn't anything to say because even if we get further and more detailed additional confirmations, it isn't going to effect the outcome of the impeachment trial.

If this was a normal trial in federal court Trump would go to jail for sure, but it isn't and he won't.

Last edited by Eats; 12-09-2019 at 06:06 PM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:00 PM   #5179
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
RBG is a feminist moron. And possibly a Zionist. It doesn't matter she'll be dead soon.
It does matter because you are singling her out for her religion like an antisemitic piece of shit.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #5180
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
It does matter because you are singling her out for her religion like an antisemitic piece of shit.
Again you dumb shit it has zero to do with her religion and all to do with her politics. The two are not one and the same. Or is that too fucking hard for a low IQ useful idiot like yourself to figure out?

Feminism is cancer, much like the whole "diversity is strength" is marxist bullshit. What is strength is unity, not diversity.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.